Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

From the story above:

His ex, Meredith Hight, was hosting a Dallas Cowboys viewing party with some mutual friends, some of whom stood in their wedding. Hight shot and killed eight of those people and seriously injured another.

Justifiable homicide?

https://abc7.com/amp/atf-lapd-seize-massive-collection-of-guns-at-holmby-hills-home/5291304/

MAN ARRESTED AFTER LAPD SEIZES MASSIVE GUN COLLECTION AT HOLMBY HILLS HOME

Los Angeles police and federal agents seized more than 1,000 firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition after executing a search warrant at a home in the Holmby Hills neighborhood. 

One man was arrested and is expected to be booked on weapons charges. He was later identified as Girard Damien Saenz from Los Angeles. He shows up on property records alongside Cynthia Beck, a former mistress to Gordon Getty, one of the world's richest men. 

Edited by visionary

17 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

The guy who was sued for child support. Of course he takes chances with his daughter's life.

Nowadays, just sending your kid to school is taking chances with their life.  I can't fault him for not wanting his child's classroom to be like shooting fish in a barrel.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

UNCC shooter obtained his gun legally.  Can't find any other details.

It is being reported that the latest Colorado shooter likely stole the guns from his parents.

In the Colorado case you could make a case that the parents should have secured their weapons....I'm sure someone will in civil court at least

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Nowadays, just sending your kid to school is taking chances with their life.  I can't fault him for not wanting his child's classroom to be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Yeah, add a 2nd gun shooting that barrel. That'll make it better. 

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Yeah, add a 2nd gun shooting that barrel. That'll make it better. 

You seem confused.  The second gun shooting in that barrel would be a second person trying to shoot into the unarmed people.  I think most people who argue to arm teachers don't plan on them helping the shooter kill all the kids.  Most people expect the teacher to shoot AT the other shooter.  So it would be like giving a gun to one of the fish in the barrel (well, and said fish having the ability to use it).

I can draw you a picture if you think that will help.

The problem is that it's not a choice between. 

1). A mass shooting. 

2). A mass shooting, and an armed teacher or two. 

It's a choice between. 

1). Thousands of unarmed schools. 

2). Thousands of schools with guns in them, and maybe we'll get lucky and one of them will have a mass shooting in it. 

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well, the current setup of turn off the lights and hide in the corner hand out millions of guns to anybody who wants them, and then act surprised when a tiny fraction of them wind up being used to kill children (and then try to claim that the problem is, you need thousands of more guns) isn’t doing too well. 

• Like 1

Thank you Larry. The ****ing plan of flooding the country with killing machines and fetishizing guns with a large portion of target audience being comprised of easily misled conspiratorial nut jobs isn’t working. We should definitely keep listening to those same folks who have been telling us that more guns is the answer. I mean, just look how ****ing good they done so far.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Thank you Larry. The ****ing plan of flooding the country with killing machines and fetishizing guns with a large portion of target audience being comprised of easily misled conspiratorial nut jobs isn’t working. We should definitely keep listening to those same folks who have been telling us that more guns is the answer. I mean, just look how ****ing good they done so far.

Well the rest of you have gotten zero ideas put in place

at least some of us are willing to try something different that can actually be put in place. 

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What would be the reaction if an armed teacher accidentally killed an innocent student trying to take down the shooter?

I’m sure plenty would be outraged

you know the type, the ones that don’t actually do anything to help anyone themselves but are always there to push the outrage meter when needed

i would consider it another tragedy to add to the long list of tragedies that is our inability to actually do anything about the problem. 

Im not going to blame the teacher. The teacher shouldn’t even be in that situation. It’s another fault of a broken and inept society and political structure said society has crafted. 

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well the gun nuts have successfully prevented the enactment of any proposal whatsoever except for theirs.  Even the ones supported by 80% of actual NRA members.

Fixed that one for you, too.  

Obviously, the problem is the ideas.