Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

as a tree-hugging liberal, I'd be god damned if you MF'ers ever tried to take my guns.  

your welcome, for my well-spoken, detailed response to this issue.

Interesting choice of words since God/Jesus told you to put away the sword and start fishing. Perhaps you are God damned for owning a gun?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-weighs-expanding-background-checks-through-executive-authority/2015/10/08/6bd45e56-6b63-11e5-9bfe-e59f5e244f92_story.html

Obama weighs Executive Action for expanded background checks...

That should go well. Cue the right-wing apocalyptic fever dreams!

it actually is really a rather toothless gesture....requiring a private dealer that sells 50 or more guns a year to do background checks is rather hard to enforce and impacts few.....and of course will be challenged in court.

that his legal staff has taken over a year trying to draft one that passes legal muster should tell ya something..

I wonder if they would care to share the number of such dealers?.....aside from ATF undercover folk  ;)

it actually is really a rather toothless gesture....requiring a private dealer that sells 50 or more guns a year to do background checks is rather hard to enforce and impacts few.....and of course will be challenged in court.

that his legal staff has taken over a year trying to draft one that passes legal muster should tell ya something..

I wonder if they would care to share the number of such dealers?.....aside from ATF undercover folk  ;)

WTH is a private dealer?

• Like 1

Interesting choice of words since God/Jesus told you to put away the sword and start fishing. Perhaps you are God damned for owning a gun?

he also said take up your sword......but he said a lot of things

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Luke 22:36

WTH is a private dealer?

by their definition, someone who sells 50 or more guns a yr w/o a license

I actually agree with this, but I don't know what it has to do with anything.

But I actually don't get why someone who doesn't watch football posts to a football site about stuff he read in emails forwarded by his right-wing uncle.

fraternities are clearly linked to violence,alcohol abuse and rape/sexual assault and other abuses including hommicides.

I'm actually getting back into watching football and fwiw my uncles don't e-mail me

why aren't you in the stadium instead of wasting time here?

Toothless gestures are the very heart and soul of American politics...See "Green Eggs and Ham".

• Like 2

It's alright, guys. This school shooting was just a tremor. A natural part of American freedom. Got to let out the tension once in a while to keep the Big One from happening.

If another Big One happens, we have safety protocol provided to us by Ben Carson. Never cover up, just attack the shooter head on. The man is acting on his natural, Constitution-affirmed right to own a gun and the rest of us need to work together to preserve that freedom with minimal lives lost.

I hear they don't have natural disasters like these very often in other countries, but in the end it's their loss. This is a climate of freedom. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to the (choose 2: families, victims, friends)  of this (choose one: sensless, horrific, tragic) shooting at <insert most recent school name> this (choose one: morning, afternoon, evening). I want to extend my thanks to the first responders, local law enforcement and <insert police chief name> for their efforts. We will continue to (choose one: pray for, keep in our thoughts, blame <---- No! You aren't supposed to actually say it! - W. LaPierre) the injured. Let us keep in mind that guns had nothing to do with this, and that we need to investigate other issues such as (choose two: mental health, video games, music, movies, Brian Boitano).

Thank you and god bless the NRA.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

Uh ... that would be illegal.

WTF does that matter?.....we got a voter to placate

Bacon,.... rushing the shooter is advised if ya think he is going to kill you and escape is impossible....by experts.

I call it Marine mentality

• Like 1

My thoughts and prayers go out to the (choose 2: families, victims, friends)  of this (choose one: sensless, horrific, tragic) shooting at <insert most recent school name> this (choose one: morning, afternoon, evening). I want to extend my thanks to the first responders, local law enforcement and <insert police chief name> for their efforts. We will continue to (choose one: pray for, keep in our thoughts, blame <---- No! You aren't supposed to actually say it! - W. LaPierre) the injured. Let us keep in mind that guns had nothing to do with this, and that we need to investigate other issues such as (choose two: mental health, video games, music, movies, Brian Boitano).

Thank you and god bless the NRA.

"My thoughts and prayers are with families of the person who was killed and the three others who were wounded in the horrific shooting on the campus of Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff early this morning. I appreciate the efforts of all state and local law enforcement officials, first-responders and school administrators, and continue to pray for the recovery of the injured, as well as all those in the NAU community who have been impacted by this terrible tragedy." - John McCain

Toothless gestures are the very heart and soul of American politics...See "Green Eggs and Ham".

I don't like Green eggs and ham.

BLAM!

BLAM!

BLAM!

So suck on that, Sam i am.

grre.jpg

~BLAM!

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

Could you tell me the difference between a "private dealer that sells 50 or more guns a year", and a "dealer"?

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Luke 22:36

He actually required people to make a commercial purchase? 

Isn't that treason? 

Could you tell me the difference between a "private dealer that sells 50 or more guns a year", and a "dealer"?

the difference is that they want one of them to sell guns completely unfettered to anyone and everyone, and the other one, they only want to sell guns completely unfettered to anyone and everyone.

see the difference?

~Bang

Yeah if you're selling a gun pretty much at the rate of one every week, you're a gun dealer.  You should be licensed as such.

Edited by Stugein

certainly, one has a license and obeys the laws pertaining to them and are regulated..(in general)

the other is a lawbreaker......or a ATF agent or figment of someones imagination.

add

http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-trafficking-straw-purchasing-policy-summary/

you are allowed to sell what you own, not to buy to resale as a habit.

those that do are almost always in violation of existing law.....not sure how another law/directive helps....but I don't mind

Edited by twa

certainly, one has a license and obeys the laws pertaining to them and are regulated..(in general)

the other is a lawbreaker......or a ATF agent or figment of someones imagination.

So, they don't exist, huh? 

Guess no one will object to the law, then.