Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Gameday Thread - Super Bowl 50: Carolina vs. Denver

ExoDus84

Panthers looked like that heavyweight fighter who was used to knocking fighters out early with haymakers. Well they went up against a fighter that was willing and able to go 12 rounds with them and they couldn't match or keep up.

Someone on youtube said it best:

"Carolina was Rhonda Roussey to Denver's Holly Holm"

:)

I'm just here to say I believe the NFL has absolute interest in game outcomes. There has been recent and past examples of this. 

I'm not saying refs won the game for Denver. I'm saying having watched a lot of football and being aware of certain 'game tactics', things started to stink IN THE SECOND HALF. 

Note, I never mentioned the challenged catch and recognized the even calls in the first half. It is what it is, believe it or or don't. I jst highlighted what I saw as an obvious slant in the 2nd half of that game. 

And as for the racist posts, my posts have nothing to do with race. This centers around 1 color- GREEN

I think Carolina with another legit weapon or two can win that game.  I know it's purely theoretical and you have to be able to win with the team you've got, but honestly re-examining the game, neither offense really did a whole lot. Denver's defense made the bigger plays, but Carolina seemed to at least move the ball decently considering the lack of play makers they have on offense. 

Panthers looked like that heavyweight fighter who was used to knocking fighters out early with haymakers. Well they went up against a fighter that was willing and able to go 12 rounds with them and they couldn't match or keep up.

I agree with that. They got punched in the mouth and never wanted to be tough after that. Ginn going out of bounds was proof of that. They WRs has no fight.

The Carolina game plan wasn't good either. Didn't see them ever adjust to the outside pressure and their tackles getting abused. Botched time management at the end ofntjenfirdt half, turnovers and drops...they really shot themselves in the foot.

Watching it, it felt like Carolina believed they had already arrived and this was simply a coronation. They realized early on it was a battle and never recovered.

Having said all of that, they had the ball with 4 min to go and a chance to drive the field and win. It's impressive they made it as far as they did with that crew of WRs after Benjamin got hurt. They really could have used him last night

If the ground caused the ball to move. Then technically it was dislodged and he lost possession. Due to it being the ground that caused it, the ball was dead and he cant regain possession. Way I see it.

Sure there were bad calls when you critique pretty much every game ever played, but to think the NFL would care who wins is kind of dumb imo. NFL gains nothing one way over the other.

Doesn't look like that ball ever touches the ground

You're probably right. I am old school and use the eye test. Cotchery had his hand underneath the ball. Part of the ball may have touched the ground but Cotchery never lost possesion.

Initially, I thought it was a catch, but the way the ball moved after he hit and roll cause enough doubt not to overturn it. Ruling on field was incomplete.

Based on some late season evidence, the NFL could be going to a "let on field call stand" for catches approach... there was one in ARZ-GB that comes to mind.

... the Martavis Bryant flip/butt catch also is one that the ruling on field stood...

Momma - Ruled a catch on the field.

Blandino said with the benefit of replay, it probably wasn't a catch. But he also said there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call.

Florio at PFT has been on top of the tweaking with catch interpretation for replay reviews. The NFL has to have realized that they should stop trying to be perfect and leave the onfield calls. I like that approach better than scrutizing the replay for 20 minutes...

Florio at PFT has been on top of the tweaking with catch interpretation for replay reviews. The NFL has to have realized that they should stop trying to be perfect and leave the onfield calls. I like that approach better than scrutizing the replay for 20 minutes...

I know my opinion doesn't mean squat, but I would prefer replay to be reduced to scoring and turnovers only.  NOTHING else.  Those two areas would automatically be reviewed every time they happened (or could have happened).  No dumb red flags and no avoiding showing the play on the jumbotron to keep the visiting team from looking at the play.

“I think he was looking for the rebound. When that group of guys came diving in, when it ricocheted backwards, he tried to turn and get after the ball. When you look at the circumstances he was looking at, I have no problem with that,” Rivera said.

I know he's stepping up for his immature QB, but c'mon Ron you don't wait for things to go your way, you make things going your way.

Congrats to Peyton. Carried by the D or not, it's still a great swan song to one of the all-time great players. And I think the argument that "D doesn't mean as much as it used to" is overblown. Even in recent years, even with the rule changes and the emphasis on having a franchise QB, you still need a good D to win in the playoffs.

Doesn't look like that ball ever touches the ground

You kidding? (I'm talking about the ball/reciever initially going to the ground. once it hits the ground and dislodges....dead ball, he cant regain possession)

jcatchery.0.gif

he rolls over it. the tip of the ball is pinned into the ground and he immediately loses grip on the ball. or maybe there is an 1/8th in. space down there and he just let go

Even with slow-mo we have to determine between the obvious and the slightly possible

Archived