Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

6 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Terry Bozzio on drums.  He reminded me so much of Keith Moon.  Outlandish, smasher, wild, careless.  This is him being controlled, tho.  My favorite Bozzio track.

He was the master of Steve Vai's "Sex and Religion" album.  Nothing else needs to be said.  Genius. 

43 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

He was the master of Steve Vai's "Sex and Religion" album.  Nothing else needs to be said.  Genius. 

I remember when his kit was basically the entire drum section of a music store.  Most drummers I talked to didn't like it, called it a schtick.  Like he saw Peart's setup and wanted to 1-up him.  Or like 100-up him.  Plus Bozzio didn't have much rhyme or reason to his drum solos on that kit.  Which is why I described his playing as careless.

What I always argued was that the dude was awesome when playing actual songs on a smaller kit.  When he had to lock it down, it was damn frightening.

Terry got more pedals than a bike shop.

ax9WvmD_700b.jpg.a24be9d8e3a9bc65fa68520187ca2904.jpg

For the record, I use the term "careless" in a non-insulting way.  Improvising without much of a plan at all is not only super fun, but you tend to discover new things to add to your arsenal.  Dude fell in love with double strokes on this kit.  😂

Bonzo's son in a hair band, lol.  He sounds somewhat like his dad on straightforward beats, but rarely ever used triplet rolls.  A lot more traditional down-the-toms stuff.  More active with abruptly hitting the hi hat and cymbals than pops, and hardly as active on the snare and bass drum.  Really, they sound a lot different.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll