Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

49ers cut Aldon Smith

FrFan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/07/49ers-cut-aldon-smith/

Aldon Smith has used up his last chance.

Smith, the talented but troubled 49ers pass rusher who was arrested overnight for DUI, has been released.

There was little doubt that had to happen: The 49ers have given second and third chances to Smith and he has repeatedly made them regret it, and at some point they simply had to say enough is enough.

“This organization has tried very hard to help Aldon fight his issues,” the team said in a statement. “Although he is no longer a member of this team, our support and concern for him will continue.”

In his only season as a full-time starter, in 2012, Smith was a sensational player, finishing the season with 19.5 sacks. But in 2013 he missed five games while in alcohol rehab, and in 2014 he missed nine games because of an NFL suspension. Now his 49ers career is over, and his NFL future is in doubt.

Those 49ers are just imploding: Davis, Smith, Smith, Willis, Borland, Gore, their entire coaching staff !

I browsed the Niners message board, fans are split between rage/depression and hope.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Offense:
Kap, Boldin, T.Smith, Vernon, Patton, Ellington,Hyde, Bush,Hunter

Defense:
Brooks, Lynch, Harold, Tank, Dockett, Dorsey, Williams, Bowman, Dial, Brock, Johnson, Bethea, Reid

Still a lot of playmakers on this team

I agree, still a lot of talented players, but they lost 14 major players out of 25 within 6 months.

Someone will sign him. He's probably gone this whole year but he's 25 and already a tremendous player. Could be a good way to circumvent the Mara Job and sign him, hold onto him, let Scot work his magic, reap the rewards next year.

It's not a pass I'd reproach this FO but would I secretly be rubbing my hands, giggling, and making a Grinch face in a dark closet if they did sign him? Yes, yes I would.

**** it, let's put on the black hat already, everybody does it for us anyway. **** em, **** em all.

****, three teams "very interested" and possible landing spots all mention every other NFC East team...great :/

******** article with no specifics but still, looks like he's not going anywhere, he'll be signed.

His talent ensures he'll have another chance.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/08/aldon-smith-is-a-free-agent-but-will-anyone-sign-him/

****, three teams "very interested" and possible landing spots all mention every other NFC East team...great :/

******** article with no specifics but still, looks like he's not going anywhere, he'll be signed.

His talent ensures he'll have another chance.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/08/aldon-smith-is-a-free-agent-but-will-anyone-sign-him/

There was no substance to that article at all when it came to potential landing spots. It pretty much listed every potential playoff team as an intriguing landing spot.

Archived