Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuters: Shootings at multiple places near Tennessee college, officer hit

visionary

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/16/us-usa-shooting-tennessee-idUSKCN0PQ1WY20150716?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter

Shootings at multiple places near Tennessee college, officer hit

There have been shootings at multiple places in Chattanooga near an Army reserve center in the Tennessee city on Thursday, and one police officer was struck by gunfire, officials and local media reports said.

"There has been several (shootings) at several different locations. It's a fluid situation," said John Harmon, a spokesman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol, which is assisting local authorities.

"We've got an officer down," Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke told reporters, calling it a "very terrible situation."

Lee University in Tennessee is on lockdown, the school said on its website. It advised people to stay inside until further notice.

These stories always start with reports of multiple shooters and then end up being a single crazy guy. Sounds like someone fired shots into a recruiting office and then drove off. No one killed, thank God, from what I've seen.

Let's take bets on motives...

-Islamic terrorist

-Right winger fighting back against Obama's Jade Helm incursion

-right winger fighting back against taking away Confederate flags/KKK statues in Tenn

-right wing (other)

-left wing extremist

-personal reason/motive

-just random crazy person

I miss anything?

My money is on some combo of right wing stupidity but I guess we'll see.

-Islamic terrorist

-right winger fighting back against taking away Confederate flags/KKK statues in Tenn

-right wing (other)

-personal reason/motive

I miss anything?

Some flag.

oh damn

i'm done with joking    I thought the first report of no deaths was accurate.   I'm going to shut up for a while.

Yeah, I have seen conflicting reports...some say only injuries, some say four deaths. I hope the former is the case. 

I suppose we will find out more at the press conference shortly. 

I don't really like counting the gunman along with the number killed although I can see why they might do that. 

I'm trying not to include my agenda, Semper Fi. As long as the NRA doesn't suggest the answer to these shootings is people need to buy more guns, I think I can hold out.

Hope my Marine brothers/sisters are safe and can recover! Semper Fi!

To Skinsfan..how about you keep your lefty agenda out of here, what do ya say? How about just keep the politics out in general...

Extremism/terrorism, including domestic, is not political, not an agenda, and not a joke. I put my guess out based on the current climate. Like I said, we'll see.

Extremism/terrorism, including domestic, is not political, not an agenda, and not a joke. I put my guess out based on the current climate. Like I said, we'll see.

Your comment had a negative connotation towards the "right wing" when we shouldn't jump to anything until the facts are sorted out. All i'm saying...

Your comment had a negative connotation towards the "right wing" when we shouldn't jump to anything until the facts are sorted out. All i'm saying...

Right wing extremism has nothing to do with politics or right wing politicians... though the latter do pander to them with little shame and the spread of dumbed down messaging probably directly encourages extremist activity. But we'll save that for later.

Back to your regularly scheduled shooting thread.

-Islamic terrorist

-right wing (other)

-personal reason/motive

I miss anything?

Uh, yea, you're missing the lefties

Archived