Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's talk about investing! Stock market, ETF, etc.

Springfield

• 9 months later...

I thought about starting a new thread, but this one is still active, so... What a wild year.

I know the long term strategy for success is to buy low overhead index funds and leave the money in, but it certainly seems like the market is primed for a big fall. Though it has bounced back several times already when it seemed about to crumble. Down 800 today. If only McD5 was here with his charts to tell us for sure what is about to happen. So we'd know to do the opposite.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/19/2019 at 11:55 PM, tshile said:

Theres a new gold bug going around

the indicator did a segment on it. I know certain of you already know this but I didn’t know inflation adjusted every other asset class has outperformed gold over the long haul. Even treasury bonds

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/18/743261869/gold-rush-2-0

I tend to shy away from investment opportunities which are promoted by loud untrustworthy jackasses.

If gold was a great investment I wouldn't expect to see it being advertised on programs targeting the dumbest in society.

And here's Warren Buffet's take ... look at middle of page 17-19 in http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/2011ltr.pdf

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Check out Square (SQ). I'm not a business or technology expert, but I've seen Square at a lot of cashiers. I feel like many businesses will be using it for invoicing and payments. Overall a really good tech stock. It's done well for me so far. 

Edited by abdcskins