Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Robben is a tier 2 guy.  Great creator, but not a master like messi.  Has a **** weak foot and a bad attitude to boot actually.  Messi can literally do everything at the highest level.  He's got to be the best. 

You're snorting good cocaine, brother

bunch of running from our boys.  But, not much fortitude.  From the onset they were shell-shocked.  I'm not even sure if shell-shocked is the right term. Hell, I'm not even sure if it's a real term at all.  They looked scared...dears in headlights.  they never settled in Wondo/Beckerman has been a terrible choice.  I figured beckerman would be in but WONDO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Whatever, on to the next half.  I will always believe.  they can score 2 in one half??? We can score 2 in one half!!

And the first one isn't even getting picked on nepotism these days. 

Hail. 

No one knows why he's getting picked.

He's trending on twitter and it's never terms of endearment

First game where Guz was more of a liability than Tim would have been.  I agree, bring in the young guys.  Nothing to lose.

Clear difference in quality between the sides.  The U.S. is catching up, but has a long way to go to the elite.

That said, we are defending well, and playing hard.  Just need to find a way to string some passes together and break the pressure.  We are missing Woods and Jones.

Lastly, besides Messi, this team does not look as good as two years ago in the cup.

Not sure why everyone is so suprised:

1) Argentina are number 1 in the world

2) We picked an insanely defensive 11 and wonder why we can't get forward

Get Nagbe and Pulisic out there at a minimum... get Wondo off and let Dempsey and Zardes run the ****ing channels.

For ****s ****ing sake...

Just WTF was Guzen doing the opener? 

If your coming, come ALL the way and take everything. Don't come half way then stop in no mans land. TERRIBLE goalkeeping right out of the Simon Mingolet school. *Shudders. 

Come to that, Brad Guzen? BRAD GUZEN? The clown who's just gone down with the worst Premiership team in history? You can't do better than THAT? Hamid? Even the 500 year old Howard? Seriously?

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Come to that, Brad Guzen? BRAD GUZEN? The clown who's just gone down with the worst Premiership team in history? You can't do better than THAT? Hamid? Even the 500 year old Howard? Seriously?

Hail. 

Who ****ing cares how you spell it anymore.

He's relegated... he's Old Bay's problem now.

Hamid tore his ACL end of last year or he'd be involved for sure.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 2

Just WTF was Guzen doing the opener? 

If your coming, come ALL the way and take everything. Don't come half way then stop in no mans land. TERRIBLE goalkeeping right out of the Simon Mingolet school. *Shudders. 

Hail. 

You'll be hard pressed to find an american that disagrees with that assessment of guzan.  Especially when the hero Howard is there (2014 world cup performance is social media heaven).  

Guzan did the worst possible thing by coming out...then meddling...then tripping over his own dick while lavezzi was scoring.  What a waste.  At least commit yourself.  

• Like 1

Some here were worried that the kids would get torched in midfield if they started. Could they really have been any worse than Bradley, Beckerman, Zusi, or Wondo?

Time to let the kids loose. Season them in 2018 for a run in 2022!

• Like 1

So what changes will be made? I'm willing to bet Beckerman for nagbe, and Wondo for pulisic. Those will be the only changes.

Those would be positive... I'd think Zusi for Nagbe though.

Also how much is the suspension of Wood hurting this team? Wood would be better than Wondo that's for sure. Podcasts said that the loss of Wood would be more crippling than those of Jones and other midfielder. 

Most in this thread would be better than Wondo.

Some here were worried that the kids would get torched in midfield if they started. Could they really have been any worse than Bradley, Beckerman, Zusi, or Wondo?

Time to let the kids loose. Season them in 2018 for a run in 2022!

YES!

EXPERIENCE PLEASE!  THIS IS HOUSE MONEY!!!!

And you're giving it to players who have proven they can't do ****!

Robben is a class player.  He's not a second tier guy at all.

Being a Chelsea fan, I have seen and followed robben for years.  He's really not as good as everyone makes him seem.  Maybe it's the classification of tiers. For me:

First tier: Neymar, Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Ibra

That's all you get.  Maybe I'm too stingy, but Robben is not in that level.