Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Ah. I agree with the thought.

However, 1-6-1 in his last 8 matches that count.

Sunil and him could be Vinny and Spurrier

I'm alright with Klinsmann running US Soccer.  I think he knows how to broaden the pool of prospects and I think he can recruit pretty well, too.

But he can't be the manager.  A lot of folks have said as much since Brasil.

embarrassing!! from the stupid black uniforms to the play on the field. they looked and played like hot garbage. i think it's time to open up competition for every position. no one should be guaranteed a spot after that performance

embarrassing!! from the stupid black uniforms to the play on the field. they looked and played like hot garbage. i think it's time to open up competition for every position. no one should be guaranteed a spot after that performance

Positions, though.

The commentators brought up last night that 7 of the 11 last night were playing out of the position that they do for their clubs.

Positions, though.

The commentators brought up last night that 7 of the 11 last night were playing out of the position that they do for their clubs.

I just don't think they are good enough to be guaranteed anything...

So many questions and serious concerns regarding the MNT after that Guate loss, from the ongoing Klinsman concerns (up until that game I was defending him...now I'm really concerned). 7 players out of position. Did the team acclimate for Guatemala City's mile high altitude? Getting not only shut out by Guate but losing 2-0. On and on the concerns go. We'll really see how the team responds Tuesday. My friends in Guate said that their team played with a ton of heart and he said it looked like USMNT was going through the motions.

I'm trying hard to not believe that this loss is indicative of our current MNT program.

Time will tell, but Klinsman has questions to answer and is definitely on the hot seat.

I tell you Guatemala had an extra week to practice and they're playing with a chip on their shoulder and their backs are also against the wall too. Their previous coach stepped down and they hired some new guy who has inspired them, so watch out. 

This ain't no pushover club and the USA can't treat it like that. Can't fall in a hole early Tuesday and need to go out there and remind them who they are. Remind the fans who we are. We're the USA. 

"Respect is earned, not given." 

Wondo?????

Last seen whiffing a sitter in the final seconds that would have beaten Belgium?

No thanks

Yeah the guy who no one likes who somehow finds his way in front of the net when no one else can seem to get there, that Wondo.

I just want one player on the field that can score 1v1 with the Guat GK.  Had that situation at least 4 times last match and nothing.  So sad to think the US may not even make it out of this part of qualifying.

And count me in with the NO WONDO crowd (unless Guat is allowed to wear MLS kits and say they are from Dallas).

I just want one player on the field that can score 1v1 with the Guat GK.  Had that situation at least 4 times last match and nothing.  So sad to think the US may not even make it out of this part of qualifying.

And count me in with the NO WONDO crowd (unless Guat is allowed to wear MLS kits and say they are from Dallas).

It was pretty bad watching the game last week and seeing multiple Guat players willing to take a US player on 1v1. Meanwhile the US players, if a Guat just ran in front of them, would instantly turn around and pass it backwards. There is no forward thinking, no attack minded player that will take on players. The Guat players are not great, if we dont have the mentality, or the skill, to beat them 1v1 and create chances then there is a huge issue.