Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need To Be Commended

btfoom

• 3 months later...

Props to her, she seems annoyed but unfazed.

Yes, I know this man is probably mentally ill, tripping balls, or both.  But I really, really want to kick that confidence and arrogance off of his face.

[Youtube]

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

There were few other sources of levity that day. The reason almost everyone at the sheriff’s office was quitting, Barnett explained, was that she had been ordered to move prisoners back into the aging county jail, which had been closed ever since high levels of carbon monoxide sent four employees to the emergency room in February. Doing so, she said, would be “inexcusable.”

The leak still hadn’t been repaired, she said, and it was just one of the things that worried her, along with the presence of potentially toxic black mold, the lack of fire alarms and the fact that a snake had once fallen on an inmate’s head when they opened a door. Earlier in March, an auditor from the American Correctional Association had toured the jail and ended up finding enough problems to fill a 69-page report. Among them: The facility lacked cameras, there were exposed wires everywhere and a broken sink that could have potentially been used as a weapon was lying haphazardly on the floor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WATCH: Body Camera Video Shows Police Catching Kids From Third Floor of Des Moines Apartment Fire

DES MOINES, Iowa – Police officers helped save several children from an apartment fire on Des Moines’ north side after they were tossed from the third floor to escape the flames.

Lt. Rick Thomas with the Des Moines Fire Department says crews were called to the apartment building at 3720 MLK Jr. Parkway at 3:14 a.m. Tuesday. When they arrived, officers from the Des Moines Police Department had already caught three children that people had dropped from a third-floor window.

“Before we had arrived, there were people in one of the apartments tossing down their kids. Police department caught three of them and then when fire crews arrived, they pulled one or two more out,” said Lt. Thomas.

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Instead of ticketing single mother, police officer buys car seats for her children

A Milwaukee police officer is being praised for buying a woman he pulled over two car seats for her children, who were not in one.

Andrella "Lashae" Jackson, a single mother of five, says she got pulled over because the two little girls she was traveling with were not in car seats, according to Jackson's Facebook post.

Jackson expected a hefty fine after first being pulled over, according to CNN. The officer actually pulled her over for not having proper registration and during the stop he noticed her two young girls were not in car seats.

When Officer Kevin Zimmerman asked Jackson why she didn't have car seats, she responded that she couldn't afford them.

Instead, Officer Kevin Zimmerman issued Jackson a verbal warning before he drove to Walmart to buy Jackson two car seats with his own money.

Click on the link for the full story

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

some may find this too snowflaky, i don't

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/seattle-police-departments-safe-place-program-creator-to-retire/ar-BBXSKXS

In 2015, the rainbow Safe Place decals started to become visible in store windows. Today, more than 7,000 places in Seattle's metro area have it on display.

"The decal is brilliant because it combines the police badge symbol that people recognize with the LGBT flag that people also recognize," said Ken Shulman, Lambert House's executive director. The Lambert House displays the "Safe Place" sticker.

"It meant simply that you could have refuge there and they will call resources and protect you from further harassment," said George Bakan, owner and Chief Editor of Seattle Gay News.

The creator behind the rainbow badge is Seattle Police Department officer Jim Ritter.

"I came up with the concept for the Safe Place initiative based on phone calls I got from hate crimes victims who were petrified to report these crimes to the police,"  Ritter explained.

The initiative has spread with police departments across the U.S. and internationally.

"Doing some out-of-the-box community relations is good," he said.

In the past, he has also been seen driving around Seattle in a vintage police car.

"People feel comfortable coming up to me in the vintage police car in my vintage uniform because I don't pose as much of a threat," Ritter said.

He started his career at 18-years-old.

"I first got hired by Kittitas County Sheriff's Office as a Deputy Sheriff in May of 1980 when policing was a whole lot different than it is now,"  he explained.

He said back then, a lot of departments were not hiring openly gay officers. In 1983, he joined Seattle police.

"I was not out yet, and it took me about 11 years to come out at SPD when I felt comfortable enough that this department's culture had changed," said Ritter.

It changed so much that SPD made him the first full-time LGBTQ liaison six years ago. Now he's in process of training his replacement because, after four decades in law enforcement, he's ready to retire.

"I am retiring while I love this place when I walk out this door for the final time I am going to have 40 years of worth of fantastic memories," Ofc. Ritter said.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Police Officer Offers to Cover Adoption Fees for the 3 Dogs Left at Shelter Ahead of Christmas

A police officer from Virginia is determined to help the three dogs remaining at Chesterfield County Animal Shelter find their forever home before Christmas.

On Sunday, Colonel Jeffrey S. Katz tweeted that he would pay for the adoption fees for Sugarplum, Claus, and Holly if they are adopted by Friday.

va-dogs-adoption.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Behind The Badge: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue

A Taylorsville family has the quick actions of two local police officers to thank for saving their 17-year-old daughter last month.

The morning of Wednesday, December 9th started out as usual for Taylorsville High senior Sarah Canepari. She got in her car to head to school but doesn’t remember anything after that.

Sarah was driving when a sudden seizure caused her to blackout and slump over the steering wheel, drifting into oncoming traffic on 5400 South.

Fortunately for her, Unified Police Officer Jesse Allen and off-duty Murray Police Sergeant Jason Coons just happened to be at that same intersection.

Sgt. Coons’ dashboard camera was recording.

“I pulled my car up next to theirs to kind of bump into it to attempt to get it to stop or at least slow down,” Sgt. Coons explained. “Unfortunately, that didn’t work. It was unsuccessful. The Unified Police officer then pulled up in front of it to kind of do the same thing…We were able to get it stopped up on a grass berm on a sidewalk and run up to the car and were able to see that there was a young female driver that appeared to be having a seizure.”

Officer Allen and Sgt. Coons broke a window to get into the locked car and give Sarah first aid until paramedics arrived.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Police Chase Ends with Heartfelt Hug Between Cop and Driver

A wild police pursuit in Kentucky ended in a most unique way ... when an officer hugged the distressed driver instead of slapping handcuffs on her.

Body cam footage captured the conclusion of a cop chase that reportedly spanned 2 counties Wednesday, after cops say Latrece Curry took off from a domestic dispute with her husband ... and fled when deputies tried to track her down.

It has all the makings of an intense confrontation -- several police vehicles surround Curry, sirens blare, cops approach with guns drawn -- but Hodgenville Police Chief James Richardson noticed something as he got closer and demanded she open her door ... she was completely terrified.

VIDEO

"The look on her face was of sheer terror. She was shaking and it was obvious she was scared. I talked to her to calm her down and then she hugged me. That has never happened to me after a pursuit." De-escalation at its finest.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Police officer knocks down door of burning Somerville building, rescues sleeping residents

A Somerville police officer broke down the door of a burning home early Tuesday and rescued residents who were asleep.

The fire started just after 1 a.m. at the home on Bond Street and quickly grew to three alarms. Flames were coming out of the front of the home when firefighters arrived at the 2.5 story building.

Somerville police officer Thomas Lambert and two other members of the department dashed in to save people from the burning home.

“At the time you don't really think of it, and then after you think, ‘Wow. That was a little crazy,’ I guess,” Lambert said.

Resident Willis Carter said he didn't realize his apartment was filling with smoke.

“I was asleep at the time, and then he basically busted down the front door," Carter said.

The officers continued to the third floor as flames took over the front of the house.

"A few of the doors, we had to force our way in and wake people up they were a little confused," Lambert said.

Nine residents were able to escape unharmed.

“If he didn’t yell the first time, that fire would have taken over the whole house. Ultimately, I would have died,” Carter said.

• 4 weeks later...

Incredible body camera footage shows hero cop catch people jumping from building engulfed in flames

A police officer is being hailed as a hero after incredible footage from his body camera showed him responding to a building engulfed in flames before saving the occupants’ lives by catching them when they jumped out of a window.

The incident occurred at approximately 12:15 a.m. on Monday, July 19, in Jamestown, New York -- about 70 miles southwest of Buffalo -- when Officer Mark Conklin was handling a service call on Baker Street and he was alerted to a possible house fire about a block away on William Street, according to a statement from the Jamestown Police Department.

• 1 month later...

Officer catches a 1-month-old baby dropped from 2nd floor balcony, authorities say

A police officer caught a 1-month-old baby dropped from a second-floor balcony in Jersey City, New Jersey, on Saturday morning, according to authorities.

Jersey City Police responded to a call of a child in danger and found a man threatening to throw the baby from the second story of the building, Mayor Steven Fulop said in an Instagram post.

Officers set up a perimeter to negotiate, but "eventually the man did throw the one-month-old baby from the second story of the building," the mayor said.

Officer Eduardo Matute caught the baby, who was not physically harmed, the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office said.

• 3 weeks later...

"Everything's going wrong": Sterling Heights Police stop speeding man, hook up new TV

When Sterling Heights Police pulled over a Buick on Mound Road for speeding, it wasn't a typical traffic stop. They found a man in distress and in need of assistance - and it had nothing to do with his car.

The traffic stop happened near 18 1/2 mile on Thursday, Sept. 30 around 7:30 p.m. Officer Kevin Coates pulled over the man for speeding and immediately knew something was wrong.

The 79-year-old man, identified only as David by Sterling Heights Police, was crying and visibly upset. He told Officer Coates that "everything is going wrong" and explained he needed help.

David said he's a long-time Sterling Heights resident and his wife is sick and they have an adult son with special needs.

The problem on this day was that he had just bought a new TV for his family - but was rushing all over town trying to find the right cables to hook it up.

"I really try to drive right," David said. "I bought a new television today because I wanted to make my wife happy, you know, and I can't get it hooked up."

The man explained that he went to different stores to figure out how to connect it.

Officer Coates immediately started asking what the issue was but David had no idea why it wouldn't work. David said his old TV was a tube television but he didn't know what to do.

The officer asked if he tried plugging the cable into the back of the TV and then said he and his partner could stop by and help him get it connected.

The two men then swapped phone numbers and Officer Coates said that he had a police call he had to go on but an hour later, he promised to be at his house to get him connected.

An hour later, Officer Coates arrived at his home along with Officer Remi Verougstraete and his new recruit, Officer Jeremy Jakushevich. Together, the three officers hooked up his TV for him and explained to him how to view what's on TV and how to navigate to different channels.

David said he's not good with technology and, if not for the officers' assistance, he never would have gotten it hooked up.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He Spent 25 Years Infiltrating Nazis, the Klan, and Biker Gangs

We’ll come to the homegrown terrorists he foiled and the race war they tried to foment. To the journalists he saved from assassination and the synagogue marked for carnage in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. To the gun-rights march on the steps of a state capitol, where they planned to pick off cops and rallygoers. There’s time enough to valorize the work of Scott B., an undercover fed who breached far-right death squads and squashed their national web of terror cells. (Scott requested that his surname not be used for the sake of his family’s safety.) Last summer, when he retired at 50 from the FBI, Scott left the bureau as one of the most storied agents since Joe Pistone, the real-life Donnie Brasco. For two-plus decades, he cracked landmark cases and won every laurel they give to undercovers. Months out of the game, though, he can’t stop brooding over the threat he left behind. He knows better than anyone that it’s later than we think, and that each day brings us closer to the next 9/11 — this one launched by our own children.

But first, we need to talk about the ram. Because that ram — actually, a terrified goat with diarrhea — died for all our sins of the past four centuries.

It is Halloween evening 2019, and Scott — undercover coordinator for the FBI and special agent dispatched to its Joint Terrorism Task Force — is shivering in three layers, including tactical gear, in the pitch-black woods of northern Georgia. He has infiltrated a domestic-terror group called the Base, posing as a former skinhead who calls himself PaleHorse and is expert in hand-to-hand combat. Scott and 11 Base members are walking an unmarked path to a clearing above a creek bed. He doesn’t know most of the men he’s with; they’ve come from far distances to this encampment on a farm for a four-day training block on guerrilla warfare. Five of them traveled from Northeast states with assault rifles and armor in their car trunks. Another, a young psycho who calls himself ZoomGnat, has been up for two days straight on Adderall and Red Bull and has driven from Texas without stopping. None of them call one another by their given names, only their noms de guerre: Pestilence, PunishSnake, BigSiege, etc. Several are ex-military with munitions training and the wherewithal to take out power stations. Others are self-taught tactical freaks who shoot and move as nimbly as paratroopers. The internet will teach you anything these days, including how to start a race war in three steps.

The day had broken mild but turned bone-cold later, and was now, after many hours of slanting rain, a misery of mud and wind. When they came to the clearing, the members lit torches and formed a circle around the fire. Incantations were spoken by one of the men, citing the Wild Hunt and other gross misreadings of pre-Christian and Norse mythology. And then — because this was a sacrament not to the gods but to the massacre of Jews, Blacks, and gays — it was time to sacrifice the trembling animal they’d kidnapped from a neighbor’s farm.

The goat, all 80-something pounds of him soaking wet, was ****ting and bleating in prostrate fear of these men in death masks and camo. The man leading the ritual — code name: Eisen — swung the machete overhead. He hesitated a moment, then brought the blade down; it bounced off the animal with a whomp. Goats aren’t built for ritual kills, as it happens: The scruffs of their necks are double-reinforced with back straps of gristle and fur. After further attempts at holy butchery, someone had the bright idea to just shoot the thing already. But this, too, quickly became a cluster****. Eisen looked away as he pointed the pistol — and the members, after all, were in a circle. One of them could have died if he misfired.

And so Scott, who in real life is a sniper-grade marksman and who teaches his fellow agents how to shoot, stepped in to school the young neo-Nazi on the rudiments of gun safety. But the goat didn’t die after a single head shot; its legs kept flailing, as if to taunt Eisen for being such a weasel. Finally, Eisen put a second slug in him. Now, the dark sacrament could begin.

Someone slit the animal’s throat and filled a chalice with the blood that came glomping out. The men passed the chalice around the fire, each taking sips from the cup. By the time it got to Scott, though, the blood had somehow chunked into dim-sum lumps of plasma and — oh, hell no, he’s not drinking that mess. He dipped a pinky into the chalice and touched it to his lips as one of the men began to vomit. Not a genteel purge but the full-boat Linda Blair, the contents of his dinner spraying the trees. Sweet Jesus, Scott thought as he looked around the campfire at these misfits in training for mayhem. He was the only Christian at this devil’s mass, and the only functional adult on hand. While some of the others took hits of acid and spooked themselves by talking to the severed goat’s head, Scott stood as close to the fire as he could. “It was so ****ing cold, and I couldn’t warm up in my truck: I was taping the whole thing on audio recorder.”

Edited by China

• 6 months later...

Police Did Great Job, Police Say

In response to an unfolding situation on Monday, the police did a great job, the police said. “The actions of local law enforcement could not have been better,” local law enforcement reported in a statement, the veracity of which The Onion confirmed with local law enforcement. “Every measure undertaken by our officers went completely by the book, our officers told us, and we’ve since learned from ourselves that we once again saved the day. We can confirm that you’re all safe—just ask anyone in this police department. You’re welcome.” At press time, a grand jury was reportedly convening to investigate accusations of police misconduct.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...