Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

I don't remember the phantom whistle in the 2012 Panthers game. Didn't we get dominated pretty badly in that one? I remember that being one of maybe three bad games Griffin had all season. 

As bad as we played that week, we only ended up losing by one possession (8 points)

game footage

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090886/article/nfl-deangelo-williams-td-shouldnt-have-counted

In the spirit of this thread:

I heard the owner of the Giants knows somebody that gets his haircut by a women who went to high school with a boy that was 1/86 the percent Native American and the the owner is deeply and morally affended on his behalf. As a result he as used his influence on the league to ensure we can never win as long as we are the Washington Redskins. Everything already discussed are just symptoms motivated by this league iniative. Just saying.

• Like 1

Thanks Reaper, that doesn't ring a bell now. I still don't think that really came anywhere close to deciding the game. It was a first down run that gained enough for another first down inside our red zone. Still a bad showing by the refs!

I agree that in theory we should have been able to overcome that easily since it was so early in the game.

However, one of the trends with this team that I've noticed alot in recent memory is a lack of mental toughness.  There have been so many times where a bad call or play doesn't go our way early in a game and the team seems to just give up and use it as an excuse to lose that week, rather than rally and keep pushing until the end of the game.  

There are tons of examples in this thread, but Griffin's touchdown against the Giants that got overturned is the most recent example I can think of.  

rgiiitakeawaytd1-e1424401601998.png

Even though it was only halftime, did anyone really expect them to come out and win after that play?  Griffin himself said 

“I feel like we shouldn’t have let that play alter the game for us, but ultimately, it did,” Griffin said. “It’s a touchdown. That’s how we all felt, everybody in that locker room, the coaches included. I just don’t understand. If the ball passes the plane and you have control of the ball, it’s a touchdown in every game that I’ve ever seen. … But even if you feel like in that situation you got taken advantage of, you have to come back out and still win the game, and we didn’t do that.’’

http://nypost.com/2014/12/15/overturned-touchdown-leads-to-downward-spiral-for-redskins/

In my mind, there have been enough of these sort of calls in recent history against the Redskins that I do feel that it has given them a victim mentality and affected their ability to push through adversity.  

One of the biggest reasons I love what Gruden and SM are doing is that they are being so honest and open about our roster's limitations and where we need to improve going forward.  For the first time in a very long time I feel like this team has a clear mindset and attitude about themselves that everyone on the staff seems to be buying into.  No delusional lines about going to the Superbowl being spoon fed to the media or false hyping of our players to simply band-aid over our weak spots.  

Just work hard every day and get better.  Outwork the other team.  Fierce competitiveness on the depth chart that ensures not only the best players on the field, but also that there's no dropoff when backups do need to come in.  

Football games are hard enough to win in this league even without referee bias (which i do think exists for certain teams and players).  By focusing inward on building a strong cohesive team with a unified front, I feel that our front office is making sure that our players don't have time to worry about the refs.  If we get bad calls going forward (and I fully expect us to), my hope is that our players see it as an additional challenge that unifies them and causes them to play harder to get the win, rather than letting it define the whole day and then complaining about it afterwards to the media when its too late to make a difference. 

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just announced Today: Even though the NFL Domestic Violence Policy calls for a 6 game suspension, Greg Hardy's Suspension was reduced today from 10 games down to 4. Combine this with the extra 1st round pick Dallas was able to snag, and I'm feeling a little bit of Dallas bias going on here. Might as well just give them the Super Bowl Trophy......

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500985/article/greg-hardy-suspension-reduced-to-four-games

And now they're saying they may have been illegally talking to D. Thomas during offseason as well?

Edited by Reaper Skins

• 4 weeks later...

Jeez I leave for one week to go get married and what happens?!?  First the league screws us then the Football Gods decide to twist the dagger a bit.

"The timing of the suspension, if related to last year’s incident, is curious. Breeland was issued a citation for misdemeanor possession of marijuana on VCU’s campus on Aug. 11, 2014, the day before the Redskins ended training camp.

Breeland had his case continued twice before it was dismissed on June 30. According to the Richmond Times-Dispatch last November, Breeland and Richmond Commonwealth’s Attorney Michael Herring reached an agreement in which Breeland would film a public service announcement for the city’s public schools in exchange for the dismissal of charges."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/31/bashaud-breeland-facing-one-game-suspension/

"It wasn’t immediately clear why the league took so long to hand down a punishment. Two league spokesman didn’t immediately respond to requests for clarity."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2015/07/31/bashaud-breeland-to-serve-one-game-suspension-for-2014-marijuana-possession-incident/

Also found it interesting that again, like with the cap penalty, the Redskins were not officially notified by the league prior to the info being released to the public 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13353220/bashaud-breeland-washington-redskins-suspended-opener 

Edited by Reaper Skins

If I owned the SKINS - I would hire some very expensive detectives to dig up dirt on the NY GIANTS owner and the league office personal. After I got all the dirt, I would then tell the league you either give us back the money you took as an addition to our salary cap and you take the Giants next years entire draft picks away or all of this goes to the media and the NFL will fall apart.

• Like 1

If Breeland's week 1 suspension is postponed (he can't play anyway because of the MCL strain) and moved to week 3 vs. giants, we will 100% proof positive of a conspiracy. 

It will also be impossible to know whether there's a causal effect since he only signed here (and not with another team), but I'm also curious to see how the league handles Galette's playing time and possible suspension now that he's a Redskin.  does anyone really think the league will go easy on him now that he's a member of the Burgundy and Gold?  My prediction is that they sit back and wait to see how much of an impact he's having, then give him some sort of suspension right when we start to rely on him in the lineup.  Thats how it happened with Breeland, Tenard Jackson, Cedric Griffen, and Jordan Black

Shoot, can you imagine Roger ******* himself if the SB came down to Jags vs Rams? No one would care and the ratings would drop. However, if you can get the Cowboys, Saints, Pats, Steelers involved for the last few games, you'll probably end up with a good audience. Until we see the Rams Jags SB, or something along those lines (Bills vs Cleveland), I think it's hard to say this isn't a strong possibility.

Well if we see a Bills vs Cleveland Superbowl, then I definitely will think it's a conspiracy, seeing as they're both AFC teams.  :)

• Like 2

It will also be impossible to know whether there's a causal effect since he only signed here (and not with another team), but I'm also curious to see how the league handles Galette's playing time and possible suspension now that he's a Redskin.  does anyone really think the league will go easy on him now that he's a member of the Burgundy and Gold?  My prediction is that they sit back and wait to see how much of an impact he's having, then give him some sort of suspension right when we start to rely on him in the lineup.  Thats how it happened with Breeland, Tenard Jackson, Cedric Griffen, and Jordan Black

My hope with Galette is that any punishment can be appealed until after this season.  Since we only have a 1 year contract, we could then you the punishment as a determination on if he should be resigned and at how much of a discount.

• Like 1

My hope with Galette is that any punishment can be appealed until after this season.  Since we only have a 1 year contract, we could then you the punishment as a determination on if he should be resigned and at how much of a discount.

I will say that we seem to be handling the financial side of things way better in the last few seasons in regards to player contracts.  Little things like restructuring Hall based on injuries and Culliver and Knighton's deals seem to indicate a smarter front office that has built in a bunch of safety nets to help minimize exposure for when things don't work out.  Now we also have both Goldsen and Galette playing for us while other teams pay their contracts, definitley helps the team when you can minimize the number of eggs in one basket so to speak.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

I looked at the Bye Bias also (although I only looked at bye week ..... NOT Thursday games)

I used years 2005 thru 2015 for number of byes

I used years 2005 thru 2014 for win/loss advantage

http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedulegrid

Also

Before this study I would have guessed that the F Giants would have an advantage....results below

But first........

I concur with the previously sited study that it IS an advantage to have a bye before playing an opponent......Out of 10 years;

7 years had teams that played after a bye win more games than lose

2 years it broke even

Only 1 year (2014) were there more wins for the "victim" of the bye

So I agree it is an advantage

Now WHO has gotten this advantage?

Teams getting the LEAST amount of games vs a bye (over 11 years) are;

Panthers

Bengals

Cardinals

Vikings

Teams getting the MOST games vs a bye are;

Falcons

Texans

Bills

and of course you guessed it....my beloved Skins

It doesn't end there

As teams are segregated into divisions....I looked at our NFC East....and guess what I found?

The Giants are the ONLY team that had a positive balance! (less than 11 games vs Teams with a bye in 11 years)....they had 9

Both Dallas and Philly had 13 games......and of course we had the most at 15

F Mara

Some additional facts;

2011 is the only year no team had more then 2 games vs a bye team...But in 2009 5 teams had 3 or more (Atlanta, Baltimore, Denver, Jacksonville and Tennessee)

3 Teams have had a year that they played 4 bye teams (Philly 2012 - Atlanta 2009 and San Diego 2005) not counting Seahawks this year.

5 Teams had more than 1 season that they played 3 Bye teams (Atlanta, Baltimore, Buffalo, Tennessee and of course....Your Washington Redskins. (Seattle will join this club this year)

Carolina has gotten 7 years out of 11 that they had ZERO games vs a bye team.

and

The Giants have only had 1 year in my study that they had over one game vs a bye opponent (they had 2 in 2008)

The stupid NFL could end all this bye bias crap if they would simply change one thing.  Have the teams play 8 weeks then give every team off week 9.  Also if they really cared about the health of the players like they claim they would get rid of Thurday night cames.

I can see the upcoming storylines and disrespect already

"Redskins play the role of NFL whipping boy to drum up ratings for "Hard Knocks"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/express/wp/2015/08/06/redskins-schooled-at-joint-practice-with-texans-and-hbos-hard-knocks/

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25263738/watch-texans-and-redskins-joint-practice-turns-into-all-out-brawl

This is exactly the reason I didn't want this show here. Drama that keeps us from focusing on getting better and costs us a whole day of practice. It absolutley would not surprise me if someone was told to go out and "get some physical play going to give us some material to work with for the show."

EDIT: looks like coaches kind of did tell the team to step up the intensity and according to Cecil shorts the fight was no suprise at all

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2015/08/08/houston-wide-receiver-cecil-shorts-iii-says-texans-expected-saturdays-brawl-with-redskins/?wprss=rss_redskins-page-shell&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Cost us a full day of practice and critical exposure for our backups to get better. Stupid.

Of course ESPN is blaming the Redskins entirely and saying that the Texans shouldn't have come to D.C. even though the videos show that the Texans started it. We're being painted as an unprofessional group of thugs mere days after our GM gets backlash for his signing of Galette, a "bad character guy". How convenient.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13399506&ex_cid=espnapi_internal

Edited by Reaper Skins

Believe it or not, there was a time when the Redskins used to get EVERY call. Ask a 49er fan about the playoffs in the late 80-90s.

The current issue with officials began shortly after Dan bought the team. Back then, the nfl for some reason allowed David Boston's father to be an official. Snyder complained publicly about it. And ever since then, we simply get ass raped every chance they get. It's beyond conical at this point and so obvious that it takes a complete blind man to ignore it.

Add to that what the NFL has done to us from scheduling to capgate to how we get screwed wth comp picks etc etc and honestly, I don't think the Redskins have a chance to ever win a title. Literally none.

The biggest problem though isn't the refs or the nfl. It's Dan himself. He sits back and takes it right up the wazoo and smiles because he's making a fortune. He doesn't give a crap about winning. We do. The fans. But Dan doesn't care about us either. He just wants our money.

So he never fights it. He never calls out the league or the refs. Mark Cuban bought the mavericks and started having retired officials give commentary over game tapes. Pointing out where his team was getting screwed. He would send the tapes to the nba and when they didn't fix the problem, he took them to the media and started showing the bias in public. Guess what happened? The bull**** stopped. And his team is now the beneficiary.

Snyder is a piece of crap. And as long as he owns this team, were going to be the league, media and refs ****.

So make sure your anger is appropriately directed.

Is also like to add the Monday night miracle to the list.

Sean taylor lot up a Dallas receiver who fumbled after he had taken 4 steps. Refs ruled incomplete and wouldn't allow a review. Gave Dallas an extra chance. We stopped it anyway, but it should have been over earlier

• Like 2

Sean taylor lot up a Dallas receiver who fumbled after he had taken 4 steps. Refs ruled incomplete and wouldn't allow a review. Gave Dallas an extra chance. We stopped it anyway, but it should have been over earlier

Got any footage of this? Sounds familiar but couldn't find anything. Certainly wouldn't surprise me though. Biggest thing with Dallas that I've noticed in recent years is the play clock starting and stopping when it shouldn't be. Intentional or not it's definitley annoying and seems to only happen in a way that favors the home team

Random gripe, so I'll put it here.

Man, doesn't it seem like we get the toughest schedule in The Division every year?  Sure I'm looking at it with homer goggles, but when I see where our schedule is ranked on NFC East blog, we are like 4 or 5 spots higher than the next closest team.

Wassup with that?

Edited by Diehard Otis