Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

13 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Giants cheating to gain advantage over a divisional rival?  Where have I heard this story before?  What a model franchise.  Perfectly qualified to be in charge of competitive fairness for the entire league, definitely not shady at all...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18287921/nfl-investigating-new-york-giants-possible-illegal-use-walkie-talkie-dallas-cowboys

Statement from NFL spokeperson:

"After investigation, the NFL have found that the NY Giants did in fact cheat during the game.

According to this, the NFL have decided to take action to prevent this from happening again.

Decision have been made that the Washington Redskins have been fined 36M in salary cap and been forfeited of their first 2 picks in both 2017 and 2018. Also, they'll play all of their 2017 games away".

John Mara stated that the Giants won't appeal the decision, and have apologized for the events that lead to this decision.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kost203 said:

Draft picks and salary cap shouldn't be taken away.  That was the entire game he was using the cb walkie talkie. 

Why not?
the Patriots used technology to achieve an unfair advantage and were fined a first round pick and 750,000 bucks.

How is the giants use of tech to gain an unfair advantage any different?

~Bang

21 hours ago, Bang said:

Why not?
the Patriots used technology to achieve an unfair advantage and were fined a first round pick and 750,000 bucks.

How is the giants use of tech to gain an unfair advantage any different?

~Bang

For starters when the patriots video taped the jets practices and mangini knew that's how they do things and have. Well they had that coming! No excuse! But deflategate was nonsense. 

-

also factor in sponsors and money. The use of walkie talkie isn't allowed well due to rules and again sponsors. If I was Bose I would threaten a lawsuit as all corporations tend to do. Why? Do they not have a contract to supply headphones and communication devices? 

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The Giants won't even get fined. The Redskins would be stripped of draft picks.

Thats just how sports works. NY teams always always always get the benefit of the doubt.

You can't say all ny teams. The jets were the victims of spy gate bud. Mara is in a different level and what's sickening as to all the excuses the Giants fans at my work are saying. 

Ahahaha its comical. And I'm having a ball busting there chops. Cheaters!!!! Lol

On 12/16/2016 at 2:50 PM, Warhead36 said:

The Giants won't even get fined. The Redskins would be stripped of draft picks.

Thats just how sports works. NY teams always always always get the benefit of the doubt.

For the Giants and WalkieTalkieGate, it appears that a wrist slap is in order. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the league is planning just a fine as punishment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/18/nfl-appears-poised-to-slap-giants-on-the-wrist-for-walkietalkiegate/

Ever day that goes by the NFL "product" is being exposed for what a corrupt predeterminned WWE lite this product actually is. Mara is a POS. He's no Wellington.

Edited by aREDSKIN
  • Like 4

From that same article aREDSKIN:

"It’s somewhat surprising that the league won’t come down harder on the Giants. When former Browns G.M. Ray Farmer violated an in-game communications rule by texting the coaching staff during a game, he was suspended for four games. It’s odd that one in-game communication violation results in a suspension, but another one doesn’t.

There’s no word on how much the fine will be, but suffice to say it’s not going to be an amount of money that really hurts McAdoo, who’s a millionaire, or the Giants’ owners, who are billionaires. If using walkie-talkies helped the Giants beat the Cowboys in a crucial divisional game, it will be money well spent"

Yeah, that's some unbelievable BS if Farmar got suspended four games for texting coaches, and they only get a fine for real time, pre-play communications from head coach to QB. I always thought that if f communications go down, the other team was suppossed to stop using the helmet mics until the problem is corrected for both teams. This league and Goodell's unevenness in applying "rules" and penalties for teams violating them is truly a joke. I guess somebody else will have to be made an example of for doing something similar to this, at some point soon.

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Like 1

There really should be a thread for this type of behavior. Still think the NFL isn't rigged?

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/18/13999364/odell-beckham-dropped-pass-lions-giants-referees?yptr=yahoo

Conspiracy-minded fans always complain about how great players get deference from the referees. Odell Beckham Jr. is undoubtedly a great player, but this is ridiculous. Referees called this a CATCH:

What's funny is that I saw an article about this in the news, "video unavailable" try the Vine link "Video unavailable due to copyright holder request"...... but noooooo, nothing wrong with this one, noooo

I swear to God I am so close to giving up on football, it gets worse every season

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aREDSKIN said:

Conspiracy-minded fans always complain about how great players get deference from the referees. 

In other news:

Ezekiel Elliot WON"T be fined for his Salvation Army celebration.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/19/nfl-wont-fine-ezekiel-elliott-for-salvation-army-celebration/

I'll bet Vernon Davis is wishing he shot the ball into a pot instead of the goalpost.  Totally consistent enforcement from team to team right?

• Like 4

I know OBJ is becoming the new face of the NFL and plays in the biggest market in the country, so him winning games is good for the league.... 

But really?  I know the Lions failed to challenge, but the fact that the refs even put Detroit in a position to where they'd have to throw the flag is ridiculous.  

OBJ-Drop-YouTube-400x250.jpg

• Like 2

Lions fault for not challenging.

There's a hundred ways the ref could be fooled on the play at bang-bang speed. It's not like it hasn't happened before or won't happen again. 

This is what replay is supposed to prevent, and the challenge system is meant to give the coaches another strategic facet to factor for when making the decision and to keep the booth from controlling the game with too heavy a thumb.

If they thought they could not get it turned over, then it is their own ineptitude that cost them the play.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Lions fault for not challenging.

There's a hundred ways the ref could be fooled on the play at bang-bang speed. It's not like it hasn't happened before or won't happen again. 

This is what replay is supposed to prevent, and the challenge system is meant to give the coaches another strategic facet to factor for when making the decision and to keep the booth from controlling the game with too heavy a thumb.

If they thought they could not get it turned over, then it is their own ineptitude that cost them the play.

~Bang

Or they thought the Ref in the booth is biased and under Control by John Mara and will not overturn it? :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gave myself 24 hours to decompress before writing this up.

I’m going to preface this post by saying that there were plenty of opportunities for the Redskins to win this game.  The coaches idiotically decided to feature a vanilla run game with an injured back, ensuring a predictable, one dimensional offense.  Cousins played his worst game of the season and consistently missed throws and receivers.  The lack of situational awareness on the part of the coaching staff with timeouts was also mind boggling.

The main point to note before reading below is this: getting beaten by a better team and getting fair treatment from the refs are not, and SHOULD NOT, be viewed as mutually exclusive events.  Yes, we had plenty of time and opportunities to win this game.  But that does not mean there I didn’t see a ton of calls that gave the Giants a competitive edge and helped keep the Redskins stuck in first gear all night.  Good teams are able to overcome referee bias, and its quite clear that we are not there yet.

With that being said, in my mind this entire game was decided within the first two minutes.  Whenever we play the Giants, the Redskins always seem to have a momentum shifting play called back early on in the game due to a questionable call.  It deflates their momentum, and gives them a "victim mentality" distraction towards the refs for the rest of the game instead of focusing on the Giants 

- 2 years ago it was when RG3 “didn’t get in the endzone.”  The play happened before halftime, but the team took it as an excuse to say “well the refs are against us, we can’t win this game.”   They showed that they weren’t mentally tough enough to shake off a bad play, a bad call, and move forward.

- Last year it was a 33 yard play that was negated due to a pass interference call on Jordan Reed.  No replay of the infraction was shown.  Contact is allowed within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage.  In his post game presser, Gruden says that “We had some bad thing happen to us early and were never able to recover.  Watch his reaction when asked about the Reed holding call

https://youtu.be/LpSCbRwqu5o?t=6m

- Last night, I saw the exact same thing happen, and again it happened within the first few minutes of the game.  

Q1 11:10 - A SUPER late flag is thrown that negates J. Crowder's 25 yard punt return.  The penalty is enforced DURING a commercial break ( at this point I have still not seen a replay of the foul, but the timing and delay of the flag throw is questionable at best).  Once again a shady call against us killed our momentum and we spent the rest of the game getting in our own way.  We proceed to let the refs and the Giants kill our momentum every single time we tried to get something going.  The very next play Cousins is sacked for a 10 yard loss.  Momentum gone.

Other plays in the game that I found extremely one-sided:

Q1 7:03 - Josh Norman goes for a probable interception after undercutting a route.  The Giants receiver grabs him by the facemask in clear view of the official, twisting his head around to prevent the pick.  No flag is thrown.  Ryan Kerrigan is also held on the play.  Commentators remark that they are surprised no facemask was called. (For the record, number of holding penalties against Giants linemen for the whole game?  1)

Q1 3:04 - Eli Manning commits intentional grounding.  The refs wait SUUUPER long and it is only due to Gruden's complaints and the super strong reaction from the crowd that they are forced to throw the flag.  Commentators notice and seem surprised that it wasn't immediately noticed by officials.

Q1 1:30 - Garcon hauls in a 23 yard catch along the sideline.  The Redskins run up to the line to try and get the next play off.  The referee CLEARLY tries to keep Cousins from running a play to give the Giants a chance to throw a challenge flag (i could not find any video footage of this but any would be greatly appreciated.  The commentators laugh about it)  Next play Desean Jackson is absolutley MAULED along the sideline and no pass interference is called.  The play after that, Garcon is called for a false start penalty.  Next play, Cousins is sacked.  Momentum gone.

Q2 10:05 - Josh Norman is called for unnecessary roughness against Odell Beckham.  Puts Giants on the goal line and they score 2 plays later.  During the replay, it clearly shows OBJ grabbing Norman's facemask prior to the play ending.  At the very least this could have been offsetting penalties.  (For the record, number of penalties against OBJ for the whole game?  0)

Again, there were plenty of opportunities for the Redskins to win this game.  Numerous times during the broadcast the commentators mentioned about how the Redskins were only down by 10 points, but that it seemed like much more, an almost insurmountable challenge.  The team's body language was that of defeat before the second half even began.  The storyline from last night was once again an offense that could not get into a rhythm.  When he is forced to overcome everything else on the field and try to “save the day” Cousins over exerts himself and our coach abandons the run. 

I absolutely think the Giants front office and hometown refs used this knowledge to their advantage and stacked the deck against us.  They used an uneven level of enforcement early in the game to stall our offense and allow the Giants to take a lead.  Once New York had a multi score lead, they faded into the background .  Anytime we began to get anything going offensively, the refs became involved.   Ideally a good team should be able to overcome this.  But we’re not there yet.  So while I don’t blame this loss soley on the referees, I absolutely do think that their uneven penalties took a mental toll on our offense and quarterback and ended up being the straw that broke the camel’s back for this week’s loss.  You cannot run your playbook effectively and go for the jugular if you’re worried about the refs checking you at every turn.  Similarly, on defense, you cannot play effectively if you are worried about getting called for infractions that are not being called against your opponent.

The loss is on the Redskins, but the lack of energy, mental confusion, and the “playing scared” attitude we saw from our players was definitely aided by the referees.  It’s much easier to “out physical” the other team when you’re not worried about penalties, and this was the gameplan that New York employed this week.  It happens EVERY TIME we play them.  At this point, whether it is fair or not, the coaching staff needs to anticipate it and figure out a way to gameplan for it if they want to have any level of success against this divisional rival going forward.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 3

loser talk. Every one of those calls except for Norman's facemask is debatable. Doesn't really matter though if Norman catches the ball. 

The ref was not preventing Cousins from snapping the ball so the Giants could challenge, he was waiting for the sticks to catch up and be set as they always do. 

The Jackson play was not pass interference. If it was reversed teams we would say it was a good no call. There was a little contact and Jackson fell down while they ball sailed out of bounds yards behind him. 

It's repeated so much it's cliche that the retaliating player is the one that gets called. Always. Norman retaliated twice and got busted. We didn't complain when Beckham was called for retaliation earlier in the season against Norman.  

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

We lost cuz I wasn't present...and when I say present I mean the TV was sabbatoged by u tube..right after we scored..the commercial break before they got the ball the damn station or what ever got stuck on u tube commercials the direct TV receiver wouldn't even shut off..had to un plug it and wait for it all to reboot and it finally come back on..just in time for Kirk's second pic...I wasn't present to cheer on the defense when the giants drove down to take a 3 point...we lost because I wasn't able to watch 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

We lost cuz I wasn't present...and when I say present I mean the TV was sabbatoged by u tube..right after we scored..the commercial break before they got the ball the damn station or what ever got stuck on u tube commercials the direct TV receiver wouldn't even shut off..had to un plug it and wait for it all to reboot and it finally come back on..just in time for Kirk's second pic...I wasn't present to cheer on the defense when the giants drove down to take a 3 point...we lost because I wasn't able to watch 

Yeah....that's why we lost ?? not because Barry is an incompetent piece of **** or because Gruden can't seem to get these guys fired up for THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON...it wasn't any of that at all. We lost because you weren't able to get the game back on until it was too late...

i mean, I guess if you want to be the scapegoat, sure :) but I'm going to bet the reason we lost was cause of Barry :P 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah....that's why we lost ?? not because Barry is an incompetent piece of **** or because Gruden can't seem to get these guys fired up for THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON...it wasn't any of that at all. We lost because you weren't able to get the game back on until it was too late...

i mean, I guess if you want to be the scapegoat, sure :) but I'm going to bet the reason we lost was cause of Barry :P 

Yes Barry and his d that only gave up 13 points. Pretty sure that was the reason we lost :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squatch66 said:

Yes Barry and his d that only gave up 13 points. Pretty sure that was the reason we lost :rolleyes:

I didn't say it was the only reason, just one of the reasons. For example, we needed one more defensive stop and Eli throws a bomb to some guy nobody has ever heard of. We don't let him get that, our offense gets the ball back, we march into field goal territory and win, head to Seattle next weekend and.....

ah who am I kidding, Seattle would have blown us out ???

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I didn't say it was the only reason, just one of the reasons. For example, we needed one more defensive stop and Eli throws a bomb to some guy nobody has ever heard of. We don't let him get that, our offense gets the ball back, we march into field goal territory and win, head to Seattle next weekend and.....

ah who am I kidding, Seattle would have blown us out ???

Ha not going to disagree with you there, although with the injuries to their defense I would hope for a shootout