Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

12 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

anybody else down here in South Florida with me??? Tracking at CAT 4 headed directly at me in Boca...

I’ve got a joint on Singer Island.  We’re just now getting back to normal from Irma.

Every update brings it closer to us but as long as we stay in the southern quadrants, we should be kinda OK...I hope.

Edited by TryTheBeal!

18 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Panic-buying cleaned out everywhere yesterday. Everyone not taking chances after last year.

Actually, I've heard that some of it's not panic buying.  Supposedly, for example, when a hiuuicane's coming, Home Depot pulls the generators off the shelves, and stockpiles them in warehouses.  And then rushes them to whichever area actually gets hit, afterwards.  

I've often wondered if this is to serve as many people who NEED them as possible, or so they can jack up the prices, or if it's because I'm certain that there are bunches of assholes who buy them before the storm, and then return them afterwards.  

Also pointing out:  That "cone of uncertainty"?  That's the area where historically, 2/3 of the storms have been withn those circles.  

1/3 chance it actually goes outside that cone.  At least sometime during those 5 days.  

Edited by Larry

Home Depot actually has trucks preloaded with storm supplies,(such as generators),before the hurricane season kicks off. Most things like plywood,generators and such are kicked up front of local stores so folks can get them fast. Could see them putting a freeze on sending replacement inventory to stores not affected by the storms until things are better. It's more than likely panic buying,theft,(yep. They can and do steal them),and yeah,folks will return them when they're done. Depends on the particular store sometimes if they take it back. 

59 minutes ago, Larry said:

or if it's because I'm certain that there are bunches of assholes who buy them before the storm, and then return them afterwards.  

Not sure why this could not be alleviated.

Just make it one of those "selective non-refundable products" , which is common with various products known for being "one-use" items, like holiday stuff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

anybody else down here in South Florida with me??? Tracking at CAT 4 headed directly at me in Boca...

I'm in Vero Beach. Now seems to be directly headed our way. I've been through a few of these, but this one seems real scary.