Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

2 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I don't even know how to conceptualize 40+ inches of rain. I guess that's basically a 72 hour uninterrupted torrential downpour?

Something like this. 

Artboard_10_2x_80.0.jpg

43 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I'm in Greenville, NC.  My aunt refuses to head inland, so I am staying here with her.  We're prepared, but I've never been through a storm like this before.  Gonna be a wild few days.

Godspeed. Post video. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm planning on bugging out in the morning.  Heading towards Dover.  Hoping the Chesapeake Bay tunnel traffic isn't too horrible.

I know a couple people in VA Beach going to gut it out, people in Norfolk not a lot of options.  Expecting just a stupid amount of flooding, hopefully no one gets hurt, but enough i hioe for change.  I'm so angry i wanted to register in Portsmouth so i could vote for the current Norfolk mayor because he said he'd reach out for federal funding to address it. Bupkiss.

FWIW I just saw some Emergency Coordinator type from VB on the news up here, and she was saying just because you've been told to evacuate Zone A doesn't mean you have to pack up the car and head for Kentucky. She said that if you have somewhere in a non-evac zone you can go to, that should be fine.

ETA: My in-laws are in the Kempsville area and are staying. shoo

Edited by SoulSkin

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm on the southeast coast of NC

Since 1990 the two most costly hurricanes to hit Wilmington were "Fran" and "Floyd". now "Florence" is suppose to be a bad one too, possibly worse ...
Is it just me or does anyone else think we're constantly getting ....."F"ed

Omg I hope you're leaving soon!

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Most of the traffic I saw was on the interstate towards Richmond.  Hoping the toll fee will be a deterrent.  Either way, that's where I am going. 

13 is one of the only good roads running up to Dover.  Most of the Eastern Shore is in evacuation zone A too.  Be prepared for a slow trip, but you'll get there eventually.  The earlier in the morning you leave the better.

It's not a bad drive under normal circumstances.  The drive through Maryland is pretty nice.  It'll be better than going on 64 for sure.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

13 is one of the only good roads running up to Dover.  Most of the Eastern Shore is in evacuation zone A too.  Be prepared for a slow trip, but you'll get there eventually.  The earlier in the morning you leave the better.

It's not a bad drive under normal circumstances.  The drive through Maryland is pretty nice.  It'll be better than going on 64 for sure.

You stayin in Norfolk?  I know you near wards corner...

Edited by Renegade7