Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

So, it looks like Saturday will be the big day. Latest GFS joins other models in bringing tropical storm force winds even in the DC area. But winds will be a secondary issue...rain will be the big story.

Very complicated forecast as several storms are in play and how they all interact with each other bears very close watching. Some models are more perfect stormish than others but nevertheless, all give us at least about 10" of rain between now and Sunday.

This storm may postpone the os game forcing me to stand at FedEx in the rain Sunday. Might need a poncho.

Take a big trash bag to cover your seat.  The big ones will go over the entire thing...hubby's trick from Duke/GT last year...he sure showed up a buttload of engineers when we had a whole hour of rain delay...right after the half.  (And I don't go to any event without a couple bar towels stuffed into my bag.)  Smarty-pants people got schooled in common sense, LOL

Hearing it is a hurricane now with the possibility of being a Cat2 or stronger

National Center for Atmospheric Research compiled the 19 tracks of the storm, 14 go over DC.  17 have it being a Cat2 when it gets in range.  I think we are getting hit.

Edited by TimmySmith

National Center for Atmospheric Research compiled the 19 tracks of the storm, 14 go over DC. 17 have it being a Cat2 when it gets in range. I think we are getting hit.

Yeah models are starting to come in agreement as far as track. It looks very Isabelish right now in terms of impacts on this area. Definitely needs to be monitored closely.

Yeah models are starting to come in agreement as far as track. It looks very Isabelish right now in terms of impacts on this area. Definitely needs to be monitored closely.

That's what I'm worried about. We were hit pretty hard in SoMD with Isabel about 10 years ago. Lots of flooding, trees down, people without power for over a week, etc. Really don't want to go through all that again.

Damn it.

I just sent that to my tailgate crew, thanks for sharing.

I've been to some pretty bad weather games. The ice storm in 2013 against KC was among the worst.

I think I'll pass on a cat 1/2 hurricane.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how it tracks.

I imagine they'll cancel the game if it looks like it's going to happen, though part of me definitely wants to see a football game played in a cat 2 hurricane. Should be safe inside the stadium right? ;)

That's what I'm worried about. We were hit pretty hard in SoMD with Isabel about 10 years ago. Lots of flooding, trees down, people without power for over a week, etc. Really don't want to go through all that again.

I lived in Newport News at the time. We evacuated. The place was borderline uninhabitable for weeks. It was destroyed for months. Water had to be trucked in by the national guard. Most of the place is at or below sea level. Just can't handle it.

Edited by tshile

ohh..... not good.... pretty much right on top of landover during gametime...

Believe Huly is getting details from the Redskins on their approach on deciding on the game and notification.

Edited by pez