d0ublestr0ker0ll

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I believe it.  Wading through the crap is tiresome though.  Instant info is great of course and for your life, it matters.  Glad you're ok.

Thanks man. It's literally been the only way for friends and neighbors to find out if their friends and families are alive or trapped. I can't put into words how horrific this has been.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My parents just bought a condo in Punta Gorda last year.  Supposed to get rewll y had there, CNN is broadcasting live from PG.  Luckily the folks aren't in FL right now.  

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

If you all lived in Pensacola, would you evac?  Im torn after Ivan and its crazy path.

Yes. Go. Irma is a killer.

• Sad 1

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

If you all lived in Pensacola, would you evac?  Im torn after Ivan and its crazy path.

I wouldn't if I was on high ground and strong structure.....but I'm not that bright at times.

Should weaken some before you, but ya never know.

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yes. Go. Irma is a killer.

Don't waste time reading this.  Go.

Edit add. Wrong quote. I'm a bit freaked out. 

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Aren't you a chief?  I SAID  GO,  Sailor!  Holy cow! !!!!

7 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Aren't you a chief?  I SAID  GO,  Sailor!  Holy cow! !!!!

Its Chief, not chief.  And yes.  That is part of my hesitation.  I feel like i need to wait until my Sailors evac.  But Im also worried roads will be clogged by the time they do.  Base emegency team has a meeting at 0800 tomorrow to decide if they evac.  

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I have lived there in the past, and while I'm not gonna say you should definitely stay, or that you will be in the clear, I will say that you still have a decent window of time, before making that decision. Not just because of the geography and pace/pattern of the storm, but also because I think you can get out of Pcola quicker than the rest of Florida, due to multiple evacuation routes, and less population to compete with, than the rest of FL.

• Thanks 1

A good friend of ours has a beach condo a couple hours north of Venice in Clearwater.  I'm not holding out a lot of hope for it.  (I mean clearly, I would like for it to escape unharmed, but I just don't think that's realistic with the track of the storm.)