d0ublestr0ker0ll

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

we still havent heard from my cousin who is in st. marteen

That is scary. I'm still waiting to hear from a lot of people. I hope he's alright.

 

St Thomas got hit as badly as STM did. 

We're still under curfew, but already putting together supplies for other islands and getting boats ready to sail.

 

There has never been a storm like this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

That is scary. I'm still waiting to hear from a lot of people. I hope he's alright.

 

St Thomas got hit as badly as STM did. 

We're still under curfew, but already putting together supplies for other islands and getting boats ready to sail.

 

There has never been a storm like this one.

 

Hey KB, Glad that you are okay.  Any word on "St Blackout?"  I haven't heard anything from any of my friends over there.  And obviously any communication is going to be spotty.  I'm just curious how my little slice of heaven (Cruz Bay) survived.  I heard a rumor that the eye passed just off of Coral Bay.  If true, I am sure that St John is pretty messed up.

 

Stay safe bro.

Edited by airborneskins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

There has never been a storm like this one.

If there's anything good to say about it, it's moving fast and not hanging around.  :huh:

Stay safe, everyone.  Check in here when you can.  HTTR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, airborneskins said:

 

Hey KB, Glad that you are okay.  Any word on "St Blackout?"  I haven't heard anything from any of my friends over there.  And obviously any communication is going to be spotty.  I'm just curious how my little slice of heaven (Cruz Bay) survived.  I heard a rumor that the eye passed just off of Coral Bay.  If true, I am sure that St John is pretty messed up.

 

Stay safe bro.

90% building loss. Everyone with a boat is loading supplies today to bring over and bring people back. Don't know the fatality numbers yet. It's horrific. 

 

I've heard a concerningly small amount from STJ.

All those islands are gone, man. ****ing gone. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, airborneskins said:

 

Hey KB, Glad that you are okay.  Any word on "St Blackout?"  I haven't heard anything from any of my friends over there.  And obviously any communication is going to be spotty.  I'm just curious how my little slice of heaven (Cruz Bay) survived.  I heard a rumor that the eye passed just off of Coral Bay.  If true, I am sure that St John is pretty messed up.

 

Stay safe bro.

https://www.gofundme.com/gyp4sw-hurricane-irma-relief-fund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks Buddy. 

 

I saw the pics of White Bay on JVD and about cried.  Some of those places are legendary (Foxy's, Ivan's, SDB, One Love).  I cant wait for them to get back on their feet.  As for STJ, I did get a text from one of my buddy's that confirmed what i thought (Cruz Bay pretty messed up. but no casualties so far).  Said that the curfew should be lifted around 6, so they will be able to work their way around the island.  Still no word from Coral Bay though. 

 

How are things in your neck?  I read somewhere that the STT airport may reopen on Monday (pending what Jose decides to do).  I was thinking about hopping a flight and helping out, but I leave for NYC (work) next week.  2 days wouldn't be enough.  Maybe when I get back I'll reach out to the Red Cross and see what I can do to assist.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, airborneskins said:

Thanks Buddy. 

 

I saw the pics of White Bay on JVD and about cried.  Some of those places are legendary (Foxy's, Ivan's, SDB, One Love).  I cant wait for them to get back on their feet.  As for STJ, I did get a text from one of my buddy's that confirmed what i thought (Cruz Bay pretty messed up. but no casualties so far).  Said that the curfew should be lifted around 6, so they will be able to work their way around the island.  Still no word from Coral Bay though. 

 

How are things in your neck?  I read somewhere that the STT airport may reopen on Monday (pending what Jose decides to do).  I was thinking about hopping a flight and helping out, but I leave for NYC (work) next week.  2 days wouldn't be enough.  Maybe when I get back I'll reach out to the Red Cross and see what I can do to assist.   

Thanks man. Anything helps. There's nowhere to stay though. We're going to start bringing people here (STX) and finding places for them. 

Carnival is sending in ships for people to stay on.

 

This is insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah.  I have a hammock and mosquito net.  Don't really need a place, just looking to help. But that is crazy that carnival is sending in ships.  Good on them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, airborneskins said:

Yeah.  I have a hammock and mosquito net.  Don't really need a place, just looking to help. But that is crazy that carnival is sending in ships.  Good on them.

It's catastrophic. I can't even put it into words. 

 

and then there are more coming. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, airborneskins said:

Yeah.  I have a hammock and mosquito net.  Don't really need a place, just looking to help. But that is crazy that carnival is sending in ships.  Good on them.

Image may contain: sky, mountain, outdoor, nature and water

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks guys. We dodged such a major bullet. 

I posted when I first saw it, the same thing. Everything just lined up for disaster. Most people didn't believe me, until a few days before. Just kept saying it'll go north.

 

This is the most powerful hurricane in the alantics history and it's terrifying. My island completely dodged a nuclear bomb, not a bullet.

 

I know people like to go overboard on destruction but as someone who basically grew up studying hurricanes and twisters like a obsession my biggest worry was other hurricane hits the heart of the keys putting Miami in the right front or it hitting the gulf where it would turn into a bomb. Needless it's taking one of my bad paths. And there's nothing but warns waters between Cuba and Florida. My comment early this morning with my weather friend on social media was if the track shifted west you are looking at massive destruction. Keys absolutely destroyed. Now everyone is coming back like that is what they are predicting now. Wish I was wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the big islands it's about to hit will have a negligible effect on it's strength, may still be a Cat 5 when it hits FL.  Cat 4/Cat3 as it rolls up the FL/GA coast.  The fact that the eye will be off shore, gives this sucker more fuel than if it ran up the FL urethra like it was forecasted yesterday.

 

****in' hell, the islands are ****ed.  Hoping the casualties are minimal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

What's this I hear about Hurricane Jose out there behind Irma?

 

Cat 3, looks like it will hit the eastern-most islands before taking an early turn north, and hopefully OTS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully expect complete destruction in the Islamorada/Largo area plus bridge failure.  It's gonna take years for the area to fully recover.

 

I have an old buddy who's gonna ride it out in downtown Key West on the second floor of his office.  He's a tough, crusty dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.