Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Possible tornado outbreak in Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska. Watching live coverage on TWC.

They used the Emergency Alert System for the DCA for a thunderstorm warning again. Guess that's going to be the norm now? Can see a lot of people getting pissed if they set that **** off during their favorite shows. Imagine that **** interrupting the final minute of a Wiz/Caps game.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

down the road from me they had almost12" of rain in three hours

round 2 is on the way

Texas' Decade-Long Megadrought Put on Hold While Texas Floods

Remember a couple of years ago when Texas was in such a deep, seemingly-irreversible drought that experts trumpeted it as the next great megadrought, the likes of which would cause Texas to poof into a pile of dust by the end of the decade? The people currently wading through their living rooms remember.

Texas’ drought situation continues to improve week after week due to the extremely wet pattern that’s parked itself across the south-central part of the country over the past month or two. Just about everyone across the Lone Star State has seen excessive rainfall from recent storms, many of which resulted in training events, or storms bubbling up and continuously moving over the same area like train cars on railroad tracks.

1250918787739182183.png

Click on the link for more

• 2 weeks later...

Sun is especially brutal today, humidity is rising. Chance of thunderstorms throughout the day. One that went by late last night sent a bolt of lightning that was very very frightening extremely close to where I live. Flash, kapow, pissed pants, said prayers, cried, sang hymns, made amends with God, then opened a beer and watched the rest from the window.

• Like 1

These latest thunderstorms have been fun.  My daughter just learned to say "thunder storm" and she says it with awe.  We try to hang out in the door way so we can feel the storm a little bit, but it isn't long before we're chased inside by my wife that swears we'll be killed. 

• Like 3

Experienced a few drops of rain today I'd say. Basement started flooding, I just so happened to catch it right when it was pooling up. Lucky. A few towels and a bucket saved me. Had to go outside twice to scoop water out of where it was coming in the house, raining like a mother****er.

The main bulk of the storm is leaving the DC area right now, but showers and thunderstorms are scattered all over the place behind it. Mountains seem to be doing a good job eating those up, but who knows what will pop up on this side of 'em.

A definite break in the action though, finally.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll