Dan T.

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

36 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I am ashamed of my behavior

Well there should be a lot of that going around generally right now. You are in good (or bad) company ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

*team huddle*

I think everyone's emotions are flying out of control right now because people are feeling helpless, last night was pretty sad for me and I just took about 30 minutes to read my bible to settle myself, I'll probably start doing that daily in order to break the constant negative circulation that has been going around lately. If you're not religious maybe do something else to "get away".

No matter what we're going to mqke it out of this. ****, the Redskins have given us 30 years practice with dealing with terrible situations, we got this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

So what’s going to happen? Surely you’re not the only one with a security camera. What about the cops? If your city is like most, there are police cameras everywhere. If no cars were seen entering the area around that time, your neighborhood has some ‘splainin’ to do. In the meantime, I’d suggest those black neighbors make a show of purchasing and bringing home some nice, new artillery.

No clue. Neighborhood watch n council is all made up of lil old ladies. There are meetings regularly with law enforcement at the community building. NW Greensboro is pretty chill for the most part.

I doubt most of my neighbors have cameras. They mega church next door certainly does tho.

Edited by clietas

Posted (edited)

That post about the Mayor trying to strike the tough balance between criticizing bad cops, and not lumping in the good cops with them.  Well, that is really all people are asking for in the first place, that the bad cops are dealt with and purged from the institution to make room for good cops, however we are never going to get anywhere until the system facilitates the actions of good cops taking on the bad cops. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

some stuff about the president being assassinated and stuff in there that probably shouldn’t be. 

DING. 

And that’s the kind of ish that will make the team just say eff it & turn the board off. 

I had to leave the house for the DMV before I could actually post anything to you idjits :) about it. Thanks to @MartinC for stepping in. You ALL owe him a beer. :)  

Needless to say, we’ll be going through that thread for a bit. Don’t expect it to return. Going forward, understand that there are certain phrases that will trigger alerts to certain .... government offices that may or may not have a TV show or several named after them on CBS. ;)  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

That post about the Mayor trying to strike the tough balance between criticizing bad cops, and not lumping in the good cops with them.  Well, that is really all people are asking for in the first place, that the bad cops are dealt with and purged from the institution to make room for good cops, however we are never going to get anywhere until the system facilitates the actions of good cops taking on the bad cops. 

Exactly, the lack of communication and dismissive behavior from our leadership from local, state and federal government is what's causing all of this pain in our country. It seems like an easy fix, make it clear as day you hear the people and layout a clear path of what actions you are going to take.

Having the police and military beat the **** out of citizens and reporters ain't going to get it done. We ALL have to do better going forward. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I wish the protestors wouldn’t block traffic

weve already got reports of emergency vehicles being hindered while responding to emergencies

now tiktok is trending with videos from Ok where people are driving through crowds and are being attacked. (The protestors are being hit by the vehicles and the protestors are attacking the vehicles, it’s scary to watch)

its just going to make things worse. People will get hurt that shouldn’t. People are going to assume the worst about each other in those situations and act accordingly. 

I get the whole “white people will only let us protest in a field in Nevada” stuff but someone’s going to get seriously hurt and escalate things that don’t need escalating. 

Edited by tshile
  • Sad 1

My apologies for the other thread.  I was in no way insinuating or calling for the act that was discussed.  Simply wondering aloud if its to come to that as I’ve never seen a public figure so brash against folks so angry in my entire life.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

On threads moving and posting in general - let's be careful what we post people. Threats of violence especially against a President of the  United States are not going to fly at anytime but especially right now. That's the kind of thing that can get you and us into trouble,  And there was a threat made against Trump in that thread.

That thread is being reviewed by MODs before it can be restored.

The frustration and anger is understandable - I share it. But let's take the rhetoric down a notch and remember this is a public forum owned by the Washington Redskins.

So it wasn't because of my Kentucky Fried Chicken pic....phew...

• Haha 9

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My apologies for the other thread.  I was in no way insinuating or calling for the act that was discussed.  Simply wondering aloud if its to come to that as I’ve never seen a public figure so brash against folks so angry in my entire life.  

I think it's the severe lack of empathy is what took people to cloud nine, best way to get back at a narcissist is to make em lose, November is almost here :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, clietas said:

No clue. Neighborhood watch n council is all made up of lil old ladies. There are meetings regularly with law enforcement at the community building. NW Greensboro is pretty chill for the most part.

I doubt most of my neighbors have cameras. They mega church next door certainly does tho.

Mega church or MAGA church? Kinda the same thing in a lot of cases.  Lol. *Hint, hint* Maybe those little old ladies need someone to show up at those neighborhood meetings to make them clutch their pearls. That said, there are few more powerful things than a woman of a certain age on a mission. If you get them to understand the issue better and hopefully identify with the families that were attacked, you may make some valuable allies.

23 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I voted for her in the initial election and the runoff and I’m really proud of her. For those of you that aren’t familiar with Atlanta politics, she inherited a mess from the prior mayor who I’ve never liked, even when he was running for offices in S. Fulton prior to his winning the Mayor’s office in Atlanta. She has done a lot to clean up the corruption of the previous administration and increase transparency then COVID19-19 hit and now this. I sent her office a message today voicing my appreciation for what she’s done so far and my future support, contingent on implementation of the reform agenda I posted here earlier. Ditto for my Councilperson and John Lewis, my House Rep. Senators and Governor Dim Bulb are next, followed by presidents of all the neighborhood associations in the city and social media influencers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

I think this is the best path forward, time to open up dialog and let the community know bow you ppan to make changes to improve things. 

Fighting must stop, we need to start looking at each other as Americans again and drop this Democrat/Republican nonsense. I know it's not likely, but I can dream. 

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms 

As a resident of Atlanta I am not sure our Mayor could do a much better job. She was weeks ahead of the governor in the lock down for Covid-19 which saved who know's how many lives. And with the protests she has been ahead of it as best she can at every step. She has been decisive but within reason in every decision she has made. She had no choice - or at least no choice to any rational person - than to fire that two cops. They brutally manhandled those two students when a much safer and calmer set of actions could have been taken. But she has also supported the police doing a good job. 

It is a very hard balance and in the end our leaders are still people. So despite our expectations they be perfect, they will make mistakes. But so far I see her intent as honest and sincere. I voted for her but to be honest I was only luke warm to her as a candidate but she was the best of who we were given. None of us knew what world events would happen. So far, she has handled the job with leadership, grace, and intelligence. Even her admonishments of trump have been measured and professional. One of the best things I have heard her say is - "We are not perfect". Why is that so hard for politicians to say? NM. 

If you missed it, here is an interview with her on MSNBC this morning. It's pretty good, at least I believe so. They tried to bait her into some more caustic words for trump but she stayed on message. Maybe others see it differently, but I am glad she is our mayor.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/atlanta-mayor-asks-trump-to-be-the-leader-we-need-right-now-84229189870

BTW: She is on the last short list I saw for VP for Biden. Would not be a bad choice. She does have the same concern Abrams would have, she is light on experience. But unlike Abrams she won the last office she ran for, albeit a smaller role. May help deliver GA which would be a major shot to the Rs. Anyway, if she really was under consideration, this will not hurt her. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

I think it's the severe lack of empathy is what took people to cloud nine, best way to get back at a narcissist is to make em lose, November is almost here :D

I agree, it's just there are loons of all walks of life, every party.  I felt the same way when Obama was president with some of the far right hatred that filtered down.  Only Obama didn't antagonize and provoke those folks anywhere near the extent that we see it going on today.  

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So it wasn't because of my Kentucky Fried Chicken pic....phew...

No. Not everything is about you. :)  

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Mega church or MAGA church?

Both. 

August of 2016 was when I realized Trump was likely going to be President. The number of Trump signs that went up in my neighborhood was telling.

Edited by clietas
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TK said:

No. Not everything is about you. :)  

But everything should be...

giphy.gif

• Haha 6

44 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

A bit of levity.

Guess they shouldn't have stopped making the Crown Vic.  

(I've got no clue why they did that.  They could have kept churning them out for another 40 years, and every police department, and a lot of cab companies, would have kept buying more of them every few years.  Now around here, they're all Chargers.)  

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

Guess they shouldn't have stopped making the Crown Vic.  

(I've got no clue why they did that.  They could have kept churning them out for another 40 years, and every police department, and a lot of cab companies, would have kept buying more of them every few years.  Now around here, they're all Chargers.)  

Crown Vic has been gone 10 years, Larry.

4A15162C-59CA-4E9A-9BF1-A1DE45345C79.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Crown Vic has been gone 10 years, Larry.

Doesn't stop from my butthole puckering up tight when I'm doing 80 on the highway and I see one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8