Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

****ing outrageous

And the sad thing is they almost were able to keep their jobs after that. 

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/georgia-teen-holding-wii-remote-shot-cops-front-door-family-lawyer-article-1.1619842

Georgia teen shot and killed by police while standing at the front door of his home holding a Wii remote.  

I know everyone will think I'm being biased when I say they lied in the police report. But it's kinda common sense here. They claimed he pointed a gun at them, and that is why the officer killed him. But they admit he only had a Wii Remote, which is white and looks nothing like a gun....can't even be held like a gun, in his hand. The officer sobbing about what she did, although sad, kinda lends me to believe she realized she ****ed up. 

At least we won't have this guy terrorizing homeless people anymore. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/houston-transit-cop-seen-on-video-beating-homeless-man-resigns/?client=safari

Houston transit cop seen on video beating homeless man resigns

SEP 27, 2016 12:10 PM EDT CRIMESIDER

BY CRIMESIDER STAFF / CBS/AP

HOUSTON -- One Houston transit police officer has resigned and another was cleared in the baton beating of a man on a rail platform in an incident captured on security video.

Authorities say Officer Jairus Warren quit Monday after an internal review recommended dismissal for using excessive force during the Sept. 15 beating of Darrell Giles. Officers had found Giles, who is reportedly homeless, slumped on a seat.

Giles was arrested on charges of trespassing and resisting arrest but the counts were later dropped. An attorney for Giles says he was struck more than a dozen times.

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1

"Police released the dash-cam video two weeks ago, after resisting for two months following the fatal confrontation."

I guess it took them two months to realize there was no weaseling their way out of this one. I'm sure all of those "waiting for the facts" were disappointed it was exactly as it appeared. Homicide. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/jailed-96-days-on-bogus-charge-it-is-no-ones-fault/2016/10/19/edc77f12-95d1-11e6-9cae-2a3574e296a6_story.html#comments

Be very thankful if you live in Maryland where you have to see a magistrate within 24 hours of detention. 

Wow. 

GJ Prosecutors need to take their job more seriously or we need to afford accused the right to be represented by counsel and put forth a defense. Any prosecutor can get a GJ to indict anyone for anything. Just bc a GJ indicts cannot be justification for months or years of detention. GJ are a joke. 

This is mind blowing. 

On 9/19/2016 at 5:45 PM, visionary said:

How does that not lead to multiple people being charged and jailed?  I honestly want to know how a man can die of dehydration over a week, while begging for water, and not result in serious charges and the removal of any staff that might have been involved.  It's hard to come up with a worse scenario than that without getting ghoulish and creative. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

How do you convince a Grand Jury to indict someone over a video even you as the Prosecutor, and the Grand Jury, didn't even watch?? 

HOW SWAY?!?!?!

There are no evidence rules or right to an attorney in GJ presentations. The prosecutor could just tell the GJ what the video would show or what the confidential informant is anticipated to testify to .... and with no defense being presented and no defense atty there .... every case is a slam dunk for indictment with a GJ. 

Literally, the prosecutor can say and do what they want ... and it is all sealed. You never know what goes on behind those closed doors.

I imagine the prosecutor took less than 1 min to "present" the case ... and a lady was held  for 93 days bc she was accused of selling $40 of 8 xanax pills? 

Why is Mississipi even indicting $40 px pill cases? Let alone when the "crime" didnt even happen. 

Mississippi, you suck. 

------------------------

my mind is blown over the sacramento incident above. WTF?!  .... Im not one to think the police or any state or fed employee should be getting any more benefits than they already receive but I imagine officers get burnt out. They need mandatory mini vacations and hour per day limits. Officers in Md can be on the clock for 18 hours a day at times or 40 hours over 3 days. Just too much. If we limit tractor trailer drivers to 8 hours, why cant we limit officers? 

I'm pretty sure that truck drivers are limited to ten hours. 

Many police officers make a bulk of their money from overtime. Many cases need that officer ( or officers) available for the investigation. 

You could pay them more...that's just a temporary solution, which I do not even for a minute believe would fix anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

Misread the location. Still a horrible situation.

But what else is new. The usual people will show up and explain how the officers have it tough, and what you as a citizen should do to not get lit up.

She better have been getting ready to fire a kamehameha wave

Edited by Mr. Sinister

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Misread the location. Still a horrible situation.

But what else is new. The usual people will show up and explain how the officers have it tough, and what you as a citizen should do to not get lit up.

She better have been getting ready to fire a kamehameha wave

Did you watch the video? I think (at least I hope) that I am sensitive to mental health and I do wish the officers could have shown restraint but she rammed a police car with her car after they had her stopped .... it seems like there was enough justification here for the use of lethal force as she actually did do an act of aggression against officers. This isnt a case where an officer "perceives" a threat and fires prematurely. At least here the officers fired after a threat and not before. 

I assume you didnt watch the video bc I would hope that anyone - white, black, latino - would agree that you shouldnt ram a police car. 

This is a case of justified force imo but I do wish officers would still show restraint. 

http://abc7.com/news/woman-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-in-torrance-identified/1583720/