Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Actually sounds like they're studying the evidence. (And like this was a long confrontation, at least possibly due to the dead guy's actions).

Think I'm gonna wait a while before judging.

I'm going to assume the police are telling the truth about the whole incident (it being a long confrontation, that they tried non-lethal ways to subdue him, etc.).

But unless there is something going on other what seems to be the case in the video (e.g. he's got a gun on the ground in front of him, or the folds of his fat for his stomach), I don't see how shooting the guy isn't anything other than extreme excessive force, and the cops shouldn't go to jail.

The video is from pretty far away so it is possible that there is some small missing important detail or that there is something else going on outside of the phone's video window that can't be seen.

But you can't shoot a guy because he's not allowing you to arrest him.

Edited by PeterMP

But you can't shoot a guy because he's not allowing you to arrest him.

Wanna bet?

add

a violent felon that has resisted less than lethal force and refuses to comply is on borrowed time.

kinda curios why the cop is backing up at the time of the shooting?

Edited by twa

well at least you aren't in a rush to draw a conclusion and make your contribution to the thread. I mean we usually know exactly what happened the day of the incident right?

I clearly and specifically stipulated and even gave examples of things that might have happened that would have mitigated the situation and would affect my opinion.

Wanna bet?

add

a violent felon that has resisted less than lethal force and refuses to comply is on borrowed time.

kinda curios why the cop is backing up at the time of the shooting?

Okay, clearly they can shoot him because they did.

There is also no evidence that he's a felon, and really not much evidence (presented at this time) that he was/is violent.

I certainly don't want cops showing up to a scene where it appears that some people have been injured and assuming that a specific person did it, and then having that being a contributing factor to them shooting said person.

If the person isn't being a threat, cops shouldn't shoot somebody.

Edited by PeterMP

Okay, clearly they can shoot him because they did.

There is also no evidence that he's a felon, and really not much evidence (presented at this time) that he was/is violent.

I certainly don't want cops showing up to a scene where it appears that some people have been injured and assuming that a specific person did it, and then having that being a contributing factor to them shooting said person.

If the person isn't being a threat, cops shouldn't shoot somebody.

he committed a felony in front of the cops and was clearly uncooperative.

they are not required to put themselves at risk

both cops shot him in reaction to something after trying less than lethal methods ....not a threat obviously looks different to the folk there.

add

http://www.chron.com/news/local/article/Recording-deputy-shooting-San-Antonio-video-6478986.php

suicide by cop

Edited by twa

further info on Bexar shooting

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Bexar-police-shooting-San-Antonio-hands-up-6481111.php

According to the sources, Flores emerged from the house, and tried to stab one deputy, but he blocked the knife with a Plexiglass shield. 

"He would have stabbed the deputy if he did not have that shield," said one of the sources. 

The other deputy tried to use a Taser on Flores, but the probes didn't completely strike him.

At one point, Flores tried to get back in the house, then into a personal car and also in a BCSO squad car, but couldn't.

The second video, shot by one of Flores' neighbors from inside a nearby home, shows more of the confrontation than the initial video and is "much closer and much clearer," said one source.

"You can hear them (the neighbors recording the second video), saying, 'Why aren't they shooting him?'" that source said. 

I clearly and specifically stipulated and even gave examples of things that might have happened that would have mitigated the situation and would affect my opinion.

Well maybe you could consider giving it a few minutes to see if anything comes out regarding you clear stipulations before you drop a couple more names in the old fire some cops thread. Who knows. ..they may have even behaved properly?

"You can hear them (the neighbors recording the second video), saying, 'Why aren't they shooting him?'" that source said. 

I don't know if you have noticed over the years. I certainly need some clarity on the situation regarding these type of things and typically agree with your stance in most instances including this one. To clarify, some of your opinions are off the rails, yet your stance has mostly been clear without the circle jerk type of thing that you try to do from time to time.

This response is about Texas.

Of course that is how they presented it.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/23/police-investigator-cops-beat-me-up.html

CHICAGO — A man who investigates the Chicago Police Department for a living was beaten by officers once they discovered what he did, according to a lawsuit filed in federal court.

George Roberts is a supervisor at the Independent Police Review Authority, the agency responsible for investigating claims of police misconduct and officer-involved shootings. On New Year’s Day 2015, Roberts was pulled over after he left a bar. One of six officers who stopped Roberts found his IPRA identification badge.

Immediately afterwards, the police dashcam recording the traffic stop cuts to black;

More at link.

From that link:

For implying an innocent woman would die, allowing another officer to punch her in the face, then talking about hiding the evidence, IPRA recommended a 25-day suspension for Di Pasquale and an eight-day suspension for the officer who punched Klyzek.

Children in grade school are held to higher standards than Chicago police officers.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

WATCH: Road-raging motorcyclist points gun at car — and Georgia cops let him go

An angry motorcyclist who threatened another driver with a gun on a Georgia highway Sunday was allowed by the police to go free.

Gun-waving-road-rage-motorcyclist-via-sc

According to Atlanta’s CBS Channel 46, a former police officer who filmed what appeared to be a clear case of road rage now wants to know why the gun-waving man wasn’t charged.

The witness told Channel 46 that the motorcyclist was placing himself and the lives of everyone around him in danger.

“Drawing a firearm, in just about every case, should be an absolute last resort. It seems like it was this guy’s first resort,” he said.

The witness followed the cyclist, filming him with his dashboard camera while calling 911.

When police caught up with the motorcyclist, they briefly detained him, then removed his handcuffs and let him go.

“This guy is college-age. We know what just happened in Oregon. How do you not take a firearm out of the hand of a guy who’s going to behave this way- who’s going to act this reckless?” said the former cop.

When the witness asked why deputies from the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office didn’t arrest the motorcyclist, they offered vague excuses about the people in the other car not being in town on the court date.

“If I commit aggravated assault, if I point a weapon at people and threaten their lives on a public highway in broad daylight, and I don’t even go to jail? I don’t even get a ticket? They didn’t even hang a citation on this guy. What do I have to do to get arrested in Coweta County?” the witness asked.

Click on the link for the full article and video

• 3 weeks later...

Ex-cop sentenced to year in jail for pulling over a woman and asking to lick her feet

HOUSTON (October 25, 2015) — A suburban Houston school district police officer who pulled over a female motorist and then asked to lick her feet has been sentenced to one year in jail.

Patrick Quinn, a 27-year-old former Cypress-Fairbanks school district police officer, pleaded guilty to official oppression. He was sentenced on Wednesday in Houston.

According to court documents, Quinn stopped the woman in August 2014 and found marijuana paraphernalia but told her he had a foot fetish and would release her if she let him lick her feet or give him her underwear. Investigators say he then changed his mind and let her go.

Click on the link for the full article