Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

5 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I’m going to need to dive deeper into this one because the article does not seem to match the tweet.  The tweet reads “1 in 5 have put racist/bigoted posts on Facebook”. The article however reads:

The project sought to compile posts, comments, and other public activity that could undermine public trust in the police and reinforce the views of critics, especially in minority communities, that the police are not there to protect them.

Of the pages of officers whom the Plain View researchers could positively identify, about 1 in 5 of the current officers, and 2 in 5 of the retired officers, made public posts or comments that met that threshold — typically by displaying bias, applauding violence, scoffing at due process, or using dehumanizing language.

That is not at all the same thing.  Then looking at the examples I find this:

“Just another savage that needs to be exterminated,” wrote Booker Smith Jr., a Dallas police sergeant, about a homicide at a Dollar General store. “Execute all involved,” he wrote separately about a group of teens who were accused of killing a 6-year-old. (One defendant pleaded guilty to aiding in the kidnapping. The alleged shooter and another defendant’s trials are scheduled for later this year.)

I’m not deeply troubled by police officers thinking of murderers as savages, nor do I find myself upset that a police officer might want those accused of killing a six year old child, executed.  I too would want them executed if found guilty.  

That said there are plenty of troubling examples of racism, so i will make my world a little less bright by rummaging through what they’ve turned up.  

TN police arrest kids ages 6-10 yrs old at school for not stepping in to stop a fight off-property

tn3_copy.jpg?1461086876

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2016/04/19/1517378/-TN-police-arrest-kids-ages-6-10-yrs-old-at-school-for-not-stepping-in-to-stop-a-fight-off-property?detail=facebook

These young children were arrested at school not for participating in the fight, but for not stopping it. The alleged fight happened in the backyard of a house on Riviera Drive during a game of pickup basketball a few weeks ago.

@BenningRoadSkin you do realize that study was conducted with the explicit purpose of finding racist cops. The study had a conclusion before it “developed” its data.  I’m highly suspect of its methodology.  I’m not sure if the conclusion represents reality or not but the researchers were not objective.

A person who kills a 6 year is a savage. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2019 at 1:04 PM, Gamebreaker said:

Why hold children to a standard you don't even hold adults to? 

Gotta keep that pipeline full.

19 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

@BenningRoadSkin you do realize that study was conducted with the explicit purpose of finding racist cops. The study had a conclusion before it “developed” its data.  I’m highly suspect of its methodology.  I’m not sure if the conclusion represents reality or not but the researchers were not objective.

A person who kills a 6 year is a savage. 

I don’t think anyone would argue the point but that’s just a convenient distractor. The real issue is whether this thug uses the same language and attitude when dealing with criminals of other racial/ethnic backgrounds. Let’s just say it’s highly unlikely.

I haven’t had time to read the article yet but it does sound like the title of the article misrepresents the results of the “research” which seems to suffer from sampling/selection bias. However, the more troubling and telling part is that few of them were fired. Think about that for a second. People who have the power and discretion to stop someone simply because they want to and execute them on the spot for little or no reason are allowed to retain this kind of power after being outed as racists.

FTP and the so-called justice system.🙄 All I want for Xmas this year is a few pairs of those socks Kaep was rockin.

• Like 1

IMO it doesn't really matter who you are if you are not wealthy and connected, you can get your ass kicked for yoks just about anywhere for any (or even no) reason

Intentional abusive behavior bordering on outright torture

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/investigations/county-jail/video-shows-jailers-hit-pepper-spray-restrained-woman

And what in the unholy hell is this about?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/07/us/army-vet-dies-in-custody-organs-missing/index.html

If anything, it's getting worse, more blatant, more intentional, **** the bodycam, turn it off and go crazy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LD0506 said:

IMO it doesn't really matter who you are if you are not wealthy and connected, you can get your ass kicked for yoks just about anywhere for any (or even no) reason

Agreed. I've long said that race/class aside, you can get your ass whipped or be shot if you catch the wrong cop on the wrong day and say the wrong thing. What's different is that upper/middle-class whites aren't profiled and hence are less likely to be stopped in the first place to allow this kind of behavior to happen more often.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Intentional abusive behavior bordering on outright torture

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/investigations/county-jail/video-shows-jailers-hit-pepper-spray-restrained-woman

And what in the unholy hell is this about?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/07/us/army-vet-dies-in-custody-organs-missing/index.html

If anything, it's getting worse, more blatant, more intentional, **** the bodycam, turn it off and go crazy

Been going on for a while. Just new(s) to some.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Been going on for a while. Just new(s) to some.

Been goin on forever, and yeah, a lot of it nowadays is the effect that tech has in getting it seen (cell phones, body cams, etc) but it also seems like it is ramping up, as if there is a faction recruited in the last two decades that seems intent on being the Punisher, not just police.

A Tow Truck Driver Repossessed an NYPD Officer's Car. Then, He Ended up in Handcuffs.

Jose Rodriguez has been a repo man for three years.

"It gets crazy sometimes," he said.

But he said he experienced nothing as crazy as what happened May 30, when he was driving near the 120th Precinct stationhouse and came across a Nissan Maxima wanted by the bank because of three missed payments.

He said he logged the Maxima into his tracking system, lifted it onto his tow truck and was about to walk into the stationhouse to notify police when a green pickup pulled in front of him.

"I was stopped by one officer over there, saying, 'Hey, that's a police officer's car,' with a police sergeant that was off-duty that I didn't know — with him completely blocking me in. He told me, what I'm doing? 'You got to drop the car,'" Rodriguez recalled, standing near the scene of the incident.

Rodriguez said the Nissan's owner showed up, offering to make his back payments.

But the repo man said he told them it wasn't that easy: once a car is on the tow truck and logged in, it's the bank's property.

Rodriguez said police then surrounded him, accused him of auto theft, and arrested him for possession of stolen property — a felony.

"This is totally wrong. This should have never happened," said Rodriguez's boss, Anthony Destefano.

Rodriguez said one officer reached into his truck to take his surveillance cameras, but not before one of the cameras snapped a photo. The officer's hand and face can be seen in the background. Rodriguez says he has the image because the camera immediately sent it to the cloud.

The repo man said the officers removed the Nissan from his tow truck, drove it away, and took him into custody, where he spent more than 20 hours in jail.

"This is a repossession, a legal repossession, from the banks, with a court order," Destefano said.

When he appeared in court, the felony charge disappeared, replaced by misdemeanor charges of falsifying documents and possession of police scanners, allegations he denies.

But his truck has still not been released. It was still sitting on Richmond Terrace, immobilized by a boot, eight days after the May 30 incident. And he's still waiting for the return of everything taken from him, including his phone, laptop, iPad, and cameras.

"The only reason why this happened was because this was a police officer's car. That's the only reason why," Rodriguez said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Independent review underway after Utah police officer pulled gun on 10-year-old boy

A Utah officer who pulled his gun on a 10-year-old boy during a pursuit of armed suspects will continue to work amid an independent review of the incident, police said Monday. The unidentified officer is still employed with the agency and authorities are not looking to terminate him, Woods Cross Police Chief Chad Soffe said.

"Our policy does not require an investigation when an officer draws but does not discharge his firearm. But we want to learn from this," Soffe said in a statement sent to CBS News. "To be totally transparent and to alleviate some of the concerns that have been brought up, we are going to ask the Davis County Attorney's office to provide an independent review."

Soffe defended the officer's actions and said he mistook the boy for a potential suspect, but used good judgment overall. Responding officers received mixed reports of the suspects' race and ethnicity including that they were black, Hispanic or Polynesian, he said.

The officer's actions drew criticism after Jerri Hrubes said the white Woods Cross police officer pulled his gun on her son, DJ, who is black, while he was playing on his grandmother's front lawn Thursday, according to CBS Utah affiliate KUTV. The station said police had been searching for a suspect who fled following a police pursuit and reports of a shooting.

She has said her son didn't have any toys or objects in his hands. The officer told DJ to put his hands in the air and get on the ground and told him not to ask questions. After Jerri Hrubes confronted the officer, he got in his car and left, she said.

Click on the link for the full aricle

In the dim light of the Baltimore Police Department’s downtown nerve center, Sgt. Wayne Jenkins’ eyes darted from screen to screen, taking in the surveillance images. Seething frustration was spilling into the streets that afternoon in 2015. On the city’s west side, officers were being pelted with bricks; some were hurt.

Jenkins rushed off to join them. Near Druid Hill Park, amid the shouting, sirens and buzzing choppers overhead, he commandeered a state prison department van and helped pull injured officers inside. He ordered a detective to drive them to the hospital and joined the front lines.

Hours later, in a quiet waterfront neighborhood 15 miles east of downtown, a drug-dealing bail bondsman was roused from his sleep. His supplier needed to offload two garbage bags of pharmaceutical drugs — stolen from people who had themselves looted pharmacies.

It was Jenkins, fresh off his heroics in West Baltimore. He popped the trunk and carried the drugs into the garage. The bondsman would take care of selling them, then split the profits with the police sergeant.

Wayne Jenkins was living a double life.

Follow-up:

'Expert' Says It Was 'Reasonable' for Cops to Fire 55 Bullets at a Man Sleeping in His Car  Michael Harriot

An extensive report by a former police apologist officer has surprisingly absolved California police officers of any wrongdoing in a police shooting, concluding that it was reasonable for multiple officers to open fire on a man who fell asleep in his car.

On Feb. 9, a Vallejo, Calif., Taco Bell employee called 911 and informed an operator that there was a man slumped over in his car in the fast-food restaurant’s drive-thru, according to The Guardian. Responding officers say they noticed a gun on 20-year-old Willie McCoy’s lap and decided not to move his car. After determining that the doors to the vehicle were locked, officials say the sleeping rapper, known as “Willie Bo,” woke up and would not comply with their verbal commands to put his hands up. According to a press release, when McCoy started moving his hands towards the gun on his lap, police fired multiple rounds into the car, killing McCoy.

“They killed him in his sleep,” said McCoy’s cousin, David Harrison, after the family was allowed to view the police footage. “He scratched his arm in his sleep…and they murdered him. There is no justification.”

After the shooting, the Vallejo city attorney spent hundreds of thousands of pennies on an investigation, hiring ex-cop and “consultant” David Blake for $8,000 to produce a 51-page report justifying the killing because of “chaos caused by the sounds of gunfire, debris, and weapons mounted lights reflecting off the shattered windshield.” Blake essentially concluded that the cops were wrong at every step, but only because they were frightened and incompetent and...you know how crazy it can get when all of your friends and coworkers are having target practice at someone who’s not shooting back, right?

The report notes that six officers fired a total of 55 shots. One officer (Colin Eaton) initially “believed” he fired four or five rounds before it was revealed he fired 14. One other officer fired 12 rounds and two others fired 13 each. Blake excuses this overkill by explaining that the cops showed restraint by not emptying their clips, which—and I swear he wrote this—“indicates a level of self-control.”

Click on the link for the full article

On 6/14/2019 at 2:45 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

That’s a goddamn disgrace.  ^^^^

Prison guards shouldn’t treat inmates that way.  It’s unconscionable for police to behave that way, especially knowing that any misstep on the part of the people they are intentionally terrifying could justify police shooting them.  They are ramping up the stress and fear, which could at any point trigger an essentially involuntary panic response from anyone involved.  

That was a family with children present for crying out loud.  Disgrace is right.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1