Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

I have more objection to the decision than the methods, she resisted, ergo more force is needed.

using force tends to be brutal.....I'm sure his jurisdiction wishes he had made better choices :lol:

So you're saying you think he didn't have the power to detain her and made a bad decision thinking he did. I kinda think he did have that power.  Gotta keep order and it was starting to get a little disordered. 

As to the method, I'm smaller than that cop and if my niece were to get uppity, who's the same size as the girl, and I absolutely had to, I would 'detain' her with a whole lot less force.  Or my sister would righteously kick my ass. Cops should think of all 100lb 14 year old girls in bikinis as their niece, it would save a lot trouble all the way around.  ;)

Cops should think of all 100lb 14 year old girls in bikinis as their niece, it would save a lot trouble all the way around.  ;)

Or their own daughters. I'm sure he wouldn't want his little girl being tosses around by a grown man while wearing a bikini.

answer my question and I'll answer yours

Cops the power to do just about anything, that power is meant to be checked by reviewing their judgment after the fact.  Citizens do not have the right to forcefully resist just about any officer action (outside of the extreme).  A cop could detain that girl on nothing more than his instincts telling him she was up to something and she, nor anyone else, has the right to use any force to intervene.  

Does that answer your question?

So you're saying you think he didn't have the power to detain her and made a bad decision thinking he did. I kinda think he did have that power.  Gotta keep order and it was starting to get a little disordered. 

he had the power and legal justification, I think his choice was a relatively needless escalation of the tensions though.

yes and yes would have been simpler , and I agree review /accountability controls it if applied.

to answer yours:

no she was not walking away and had remained in that area for quite some time jawing and walking.

Or their own daughters. I'm sure he wouldn't want his little girl being tosses around by a grown man while wearing a bikini.

I teach mine respect for authority....but I think she could take him,

One thing I noticed in the McKinnney video is how absolutely irate the officer is.  He is out of control and let his anger get the best of him.  He's running around like a madman yelling at everyone, while the other officers keep calm and separate the crowd.  

• Like 1

Cops the power to do just about anything, that power is meant to be checked by reviewing their judgment after the fact.  Citizens do not have the right to forcefully resist just about any officer action (outside of the extreme).  A cop could detain that girl on nothing more than his instincts telling him she was up to something and she, nor anyone else, has the right to use any force to intervene.  

He cannot legally detain her based on a "hunch" or his "instincts". In order to lawfully detain someone a police officer has to have "specific and articulable facts" that show the person in question has or is committing a crime. I don't see her committing a crime there. It is NOT a crime to stand around and watch what police officers are doing, as long as you're not right up in their face and actively interfering with them. It also isn't illegal to say mean things to cops either. That's just straight up first amendment there. If he can't handle some kid jawing at him without letting his emotions and frustrations get the better of him and then getting violent then he doesn't belong in that uniform.

Notice that he gave absolutely no reason for detaining her. Fact of the matter is he was unhinged and emotional and pissed off and he lashed out at a bunch of kids...going so far as to throw a 14 year old girl in a bathing suit to the ground and then put his whole weight on her back for 5 minutes.

There really is no excuse for his actions.

I hope her parents file a lawsuit, I hope they win, and I hope every single penny of the settlement comes out of his paychecks.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

Umm, I do think she was walking away when he pursued her and dragged her to the ground. She was walking away and talking about she was going to tell her mother about how he was speaking to her.

Well that's what she gets for being a tattle-tale. Snitches get stitches!
  • Like 5

Umm, I do think she was walking away when he pursued her and dragged her to the ground. She was walking away and talking about she was going to tell her mother about how he was speaking to her. 

People with no legs move faster than that.,odd ya can hear her if she left.

People with no legs move faster than that.,odd ya can hear her if she left.

Again, it doesnt matter. That is a public area, the police have no authority to say you cant be there, she didnt have to leave. Now with a cop like that it would have been wiser to leave as he was obviously not in control, but doesnt mean he had a right to do that to her.

Again, it doesnt matter. That is a public area, the police have no authority to say you cant be there, she didnt have to leave.

keep repeating it , it will still be wrong

TWA, i myself am not arguing that the kids should not have obeyed his orders, they should have.

But as alphabet skins (abdc) said, his ego was out of control, and the situation should NOT have gotten to the point where he was putting his hands on a little girl.

Watching the video again, the girl who was tackled and roughed up was a good 15 feet from him. He rushed her, went after her, to grab her and put her down.

It should never had escalated to that point of tackling those kids, but his ego/anger led to that. He just as easily could've ignored the smart-ass remarks (heavens to betsy a 13 year old gets an attitude), and just yelled at everybody to go home until they dispursed.

Thank god for camera phones, cuz this dickhead could've said anything he wanted to explain the 13 year old girls bruises, but the camera tells the truth. Just like that guy,shot in the back by a cop in SC, and the recorder Whindleton the fence caught the cop placing something near his dead body.

I'm not an angry black man, but I am terrified of police. It shouldn't be that way.

• Like 1

Im open to being shown via the law how I am wrong. Im not stuck on one viewpoint, Im just going off of what I see written in the law. If I am overlooking a law or reading it wrong I want to know what it is.

http://wp.upagainstthelaw.org/interactions-with-law-enforcement/

• Order to Disperse: A police officer can order a “disorderly” group to leave an area, even in a place where they have a right or permit to be, if those officers reasonably expect the group’s presence will result in substantial harm or serious inconvenience, or annoyance or alarm. If you hear an officer give an order to disperse, you may (and likely will) be arrested if you do not obey.

https://www.justia.com/criminal/docs/calcrim/2600/2686.html

• Order to Disperse: A police officer can order a “disorderly” group to leave an area, even in a place where they have a right or permit to be, if those officers reasonably expect the group’s presence will result in substantial harm or serious inconvenience, or annoyance or alarm. If you hear an officer give an order to disperse, you may (and likely will) be arrested if you do not obey.

Great, thank you for correcting me.

That's absurd KAO.

The man was handcuffed, and the one cop pointed right at the camera...saying they are right there basically.

There hasn't been any support at all for these guys with the public.  But there also hasn't been any outcry of racial motives.  I'll be curious to hear their explanation come the trial.  

Edited by KAOSkins

There hasn't been any support at all for these guys with the public.  But there also hasn't been any outcry of racial motives.  I'll be curious to hear their explanation come the trial.

That does rather surprise me. The lack of people trying to justify the officers actions.

A sign that things are getting a little better?

Ehh. While Order to Disperse is a valid law, does this really pass muster in terms of the necessity for such an order? The key word there is "reasonably". Did the officer have a good reason to believe that a group of teenagers in bathing suits was a physical threat to himself or the public (though I do love that they threw "annoyance" in there as a catch all...pretty stupid)? This isn't some mob or riot; its a group of kids at a pool party and there was a fight.

The other officers clearly didn't think it was necessary as they were just standing around talking to people calmly. I think the only reason he was yelling at people to get out of there is he was pissed and frustrated and he let his emotions go (as evidenced by him standing around and cursing at kids...top notch professionalism there) and wanted to lash out.