Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Without a doubt. I often feel guilty that I expect this kind of thing to be done by a white cop (not saying I expect a white cop to do this, but that if it were happening and I didnt know any better that I assume a white cop). I feel even more guilty that it makes me more upset when its a black cop doing it. Like my mind goes to what about society makes this man hate us and himself so much that he feels he has to say stuff like that while doing something to messed up. And I have thought about this alot. I know black dudes that really honestly hate black people. I even have tried to examine where they get this stuff from and I think I know but stiil. Its all so messed up man. I wish this wasnt happening in America 

I feel guilty about all of that. Its all so messed up. 

The way the issue is framed highlights the racism aspect of the issue and it can make it seem almost like it's the only thing going on.  That's why when we see stories like this people make certain assumptions, like you have.  The issue has been framed as a racism problem, when I think anyone that really looks into it should quickly realize that there's an abuse of power problem and a racism problem.  They can work together, but they exist independently as well. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Naw you are right. I didnt listen to the clip until you posted this. 

I do this often if yall cant tell. Just read Cop tases girl - says this is why there are no grocery stores in the hood. Assumed the worst. 

His voice, more than his words, leads me to believe there is zero hate in his heart for this girl. Just disappointment. 

Yeah after listening to it, he sounded like he honestly didn't want to have to hurt her. I'd think he likely has a somewhat complex perspective on the black community since he's a part of it himself (I checked and he is) but also interacts with it on a daily basis as a LE officer...which means he probably spends most of his time dealing with the uglier aspects. I would think that, even if a person knows intellectually and/or experientially that a decent amount of it is a byproduct of social and poverty factors, after experiencing it over and over again nonstop it can be frustrating...especially if it's a situation where they have a personal interest in trying to help it improve.

I feel like we got sidetracked with the race of the cop when I think more importantly he's tasing 11 year olds.

Like, okay, kids are annoying but society still has an unwritten "don't tase children" policy he broke.

Also, that Dallas situation is nuts.  It's so terrible.  Like you're just sitting at home, a cop walks in, and poof, that's it.  That's nuts.

18 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Amber Guyger is lying about the wrong apartment bs. You can’t enter that place without a keyfob. This looks like murder.

This has been my expectation all along.  Even if she is given the benefit of the doubt (and no reason she should be) and you believe that she innocently went to the wrong apartment, and the door happened to be unlocked, and she walked in initially thinking it was her apartment, shouldn't she have noticed IT WASN'T HER CRAP IN THERE?????  

This sounds like a murder, probably premeditated, with a really crappy "excuse" for a defense.

21 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This is Botham Shem Jean’s cousin visiting the apartment building.

Amber Guyger is lying about the wrong apartment bs. You can’t enter that place without a keyfob. This looks like murder.

Do the doors automatically lock?  Whether it’s key fobs or normal keys, you can’t get into someone else’s place without having the right one if the door is locked.  So the only way she could have entered the wrong apartment accidentally is if the door was left unlocked (or she somehow had his key fob). 

The whole story sounds like nonsense to me unless she was incredibly drunk.  Even if she did somehow accidentally enter the apartment, she wouldn’t also accidentally confuse the interior of that apartment with her own.  No one sober is that oblivious.  There are YouTube videos and news stories that pop up from time to time of drunks wandering into the wrong house and falling asleep so we know it does happen.  So was she insanely drunk or high?  Did the cops even test her for drugs and alcohol at the scene?  

7 hours ago, Chew said:

If a black guy shot a white woman dead and claimed it was an accident because he walked into the wrong apartment, he'd only be charged with manslaughter....... 

Right?

Right. And there's absolutely no way that Fox, Breitbart, Daily Caller, Free Republic, Red State, etc would be running blaring headlines about it for the next month. Double that if he happened to also be an undocumented immigrant.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Miss me with that. So the lights were off and he ignored your commands? Who the hell would follow the command of some rando breaking into your house?

Right.  What the ****?

My man was chilling at home in his drawls and a t-shirt, some burglar breaks into his house (as far as knew) and we're talking about this guy not following an intruder's commands?! 

Granted I know she's trying to save her own ass with that ridiculousness, but.... "bish, please." 

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Right.  What the ****?

My man was chilling at home in his drawls and a t-shirt, some burglar breaks into his house (as far as knew) and we're talking about this guy not following an intruder's commands?! 

Granted I know she's trying to save her own ass with that ridiculousness, but.... "bish, please." 

i'm sure she's getting coached up at this point. just saying whatever she can to minimize her consequences

history has conditioned me to expect it to work too

19 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

unless someone demonstrates some motive for murder.. it HAS to be manslaughter... right?

the question is whether she can squeeze in enough benefit of the doubt to wiggle it down to "just plain accident"

I think it depends on the situation. IIRC 2nd degree murder can have a motive but without the premeditation that would bring it to 1st degree (like a racially motivated killing but without any specific planning for that victim). I believe manslaughter tends to be a situation where there wasn't malice in the killing or it was a "crime of passion". But it seems a little murky. 

If I recall correctly one of the criticisms of the prosecution against George Zimmerman is that they tried for 2nd degree murder when it was difficult to prove that he did it with a specific motive and that was one of the reasons he got off.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 1