Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well they could (and I know this isn't a popular thought in the Balt PD) detain him in a reasonable manner and not take it too far.  In other cities, this type of action is known to police as "your job".

How do you do that, and what if they resist? 

Just now, mcsluggo said:

it was eroded on both sides.   

I need you to explain to me what the public, and specifically black people, did to erode trust in the black community in particular. 

Please keep in mind that the job literally puts cops in the line of fire from the worst we have to offer AND that is not specific to race at all. 

I guess what I'm asking is what black people did to deserve to be treated this way. 

• Like 2

I'm not going to generalize to the whole black community...  but there are plenty of posters on THIS board (in this thread) that are basically always willing to see every single story in the worst possible light, as soon as the barest minimum of the hint of facts have begun to come out.

...just saying.... 

3 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

I'm not going to generalize to the whole black community...  but there are plenty of posters on THIS board (in this thread) that are basically always willing to see every single story in the worst possible light, as soon as the barest minimum of the hint of facts have begun to come out.

...just saying.... 

I get that. Im saying that the police have earned it. By their own actions. It may not be right. But they earned it. As Destino said, unintended consequences. 

If you are saying that black people have earned the same kind of mentality from the police then I need you to tell me how. 

Now - thats a messed up position im putting you in. I dont really want you to answer cause then we cant be friends. Its to prove a point. Nothing the black community has done has warranted more distrust from the police than what they give any other ethnicity in this country. Nothing.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I need you to explain to me what the public, and specifically black people, did to erode trust in the black community in particular. 

#1 an entire race does not deserve to be treated badly. 

To somewhat answer your question to eroding trust a “culture” has been created by in large part an entire community of absolutely no respect, and yes no trust, no matter the circumstance. It’s a generation of watching Boyz n the hood and learning to hate every police officer the same. A generation of Blasting NWA saying F the Police and hating police departments like Fairfax County Police making them out to be the LAPD of the 70’s-90’s. From elementary school on in many cases before any police interaction happens, just playing cops and robbers its natural to have a mindset of f-12 or f these pigs. It is somewhat of a cultural war in an aspect and one entire side is not blameless. We can have the chicken or the egg argument all day long but all that’s happening is both sides of the argument are just painting with a broad brush and getting more emotional and less rational. 

I can't imagine why people might not trust police, when they shoot people for the slightest infraction, have quotas for pulling people over, and try to trick people into saying things that aren't true in order to get a result they want.  Not all police, of course, but enough to make people nervous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

To somewhat answer your question to eroding trust a “culture” has been created by in large part an entire community of absolutely no respect, and yes no trust, no matter the circumstance. It’s a generation of watching Boyz n the hood and learning to hate every police officer the same. A generation of Blasting NWA saying F the Police and hating police departments like Fairfax County Police making them out to be the LAPD of the 70’s-90’s. From elementary school on in many cases before any police interaction happens, just playing cops and robbers its natural to have a mindset of f-12 or f these pigs. It is somewhat of a cultural war in an aspect and one entire side is not blameless. We can have the chicken or the egg argument all day long but all that’s happening is both sides of the argument are just painting with a broad brush and getting more emotional and less rational. 

these aren't causes,, these are effects.

This is something that needs to be realized. Why did NWA say F the police?
what was that,, 30 years ago?Chuck d told us to fight the Power three decades ago.. the Isley Brothers told everyone way before that.

And people still feel tht way..  This is not new, not some outburst of spoiled irresponsibility. 

You want answers, you need to look for root causes and stop just plucking out responses to the problem and say they are making it worse. (making WHAT worse? There is where you start to find the answer. )

what do people do when they feel powerless in the face of injustice? When their protectors can't be trusted?

What causes those feelings for as long as they have?

In every conflict, both sides need to be willing to sit down and think..  but in all conflict ONE side needs to do more self reflection and understand what their behavior may be doing or has done to cause these reactions.

Unfortunately, the standard powers that be have abused their power when it comes to people of color. racism has ruled this country for as long time down where the rubber meets the road. 

that said, i think the fact that everything is visible now makes it easier for various groups to establish narratives. as we ALL must say in these comments for fear of being taken to task by a tunnel visioned fool,,  not all police are like this. In fact, they are probaly a distinct minority./

But it doesn't matter. Because so long as they keep being protected, then there won't be trust.. because ll too oftn when it comes to that blue line, there isn't any justice when the worst happens. 

Why is there such distrust and anger towards the police that a whole generation has grown up being fed nothing but hatred and contempt for them?

There's your question. You just need to have the balls to ask it and accept the answers.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Llevron. Antagonizing. 

I bet you could make a list easily of dumb ass stuff that black folks do to earn it.

You just don't want to because you would rather blame someone else for the behavior and circumstances that blacks have largely placed themselves in. 

21 minutes ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

To somewhat answer your question to eroding trust a “culture” has been created by in large part an entire community of absolutely no respect, and yes no trust, no matter the circumstance.

So I assume you are black and have grown up with your parents telling you not to respect (im assuming you mean) the police and not trust them, right? Or are you just another white guy who learned everything he knows about black people from Straight outta compten and applied said lessons to literally an entire community? 

Anyone who is black can tell you how asinine it is to suggest that we grow up being taught **** the police. More than anything else this shows your incredible ignorance. 

It’s a generation of watching Boyz n the hood and learning to hate every police officer the same. A generation of Blasting NWA saying F the Police and hating police departments like Fairfax County Police making them out to be the LAPD of the 70’s-90’s. From elementary school on in many cases before any police interaction happens, just playing cops and robbers its natural to have a mindset of f-12 or f these pigs.

So you are telling me that from elementary school on, black kids are taught to hate the police. I just want to make sure I got your bull**** right before I rip into it. 

it is somewhat of a cultural war in an aspect and one entire side is not blameless. We can have the chicken or the egg argument all day long but all that’s happening is both sides of the argument are just painting with a broad brush and getting more emotional and less rational. 

No. the entire black community is blameless. I have never seen boys in the hood or ever listened to a NWA CD straight through. You have no idea what you are talking about. Literally, no idea.  

You could make a list for every race, but that shouldn't be a primary factor in living or dying when interacting with police.  What happened to don't judge by color of skin but by content of character?

38 minutes ago, visionary said:

I can't imagine why people might not trust police, when they shoot people for the slightest infraction, have quotas for pulling people over, and try to trick people into saying things that aren't true in order to get a result they want.  Not all police, of course, but enough to make people nervous.

To back you up but in a more innocent tone, you put them in a conflict of intrest when they know you've broken the law.  For their sake, I don't bother.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I bet you could make a list easily of dumb ass stuff that black folks do to earn it.

To earn what? Being brutalized by police? Naw I cant. If you can please get started. I expect this from you so you wont hurt my feelings at all. 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You could make a list for every race, but that shouldn't be a primary factor in living or dying when interacting with police.  What happened to don't judge by color of skin but by content of character?

**** that. Black people earned it apparently. 

50 minutes ago, visionary said:

you (and many) generalize across the  entire entire US criminal justice system based on specific anecdotal incidents in a way that would (correctly) appalling if similar generalizations were made across the black community generally, or the  black lives matter community more narrowly based on incidences and rhetoric of a few.

we need to have at least the same standards of fairness...right? 

23 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Llevron. Antagonizing. 

You just don't want to because you would rather blame someone else for the behavior and circumstances that blacks have largely placed themselves in. 

this is just the sort of generalization that i would hope to avoid...on both sides

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Llevron said:

To earn what? Being brutalized by police? Naw I cant. If you can please get started. I expect this from you so you wont hurt my feelings at all. 

**** that. Black people earned it apparently. 

It's annoying AF and ignores history.  Black people have been demonized since they brought us on the boat, and now because of the 80s crack epidemic they're all the sudden right about our entire race?  It's f'n BS to the highest degree.

Edited by Renegade7

12 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

you (and many) generalize across the  entire entire US criminal justice system based on specific anecdotal incidents in a way that would (correctly) appalling if similar generalizations were made across the black community generally, or the  black lives matter community more narrowly based on incidences and rhetoric of a few.

we need to have at least the same standards of fairness...right? 

I think you're missing the point.   Mistrust in the police is earned and understandable and based on consistent experience and evidence (not based on some imaginary tv show/movie/rap nonsense), especially due to their position of authority over people. 

Of course we shouldn't judge all police by the worst ones, but is it any wonder why when someone gets pulled over, or going through a metal detector, that they might be nervous or afraid something might go wrong?

Edited by visionary

My post painted with a broad brush and I somewhat regret that. I still feel a culture is in place...(not race necessarily, more so of a hip hop culture) yes to breed disrespect with no personal warrant other then group identity. 

Im coming from the stand point of putting my self in both sides shoes. I have actually experienced police brutality more than 3 times and testified against it in court. If you are interested send a pm and we can take the discussion further. 

Levern do you want to make ignorant assumptions and make this about a white guy who doesn’t understand your plight? So you can obliterate my post... have fun. 

You post with with a lot of emotion and come at posters you have absolutely no clue of their character but you take posts on a message board and label. It’s funny it’s the exact thing that has you so upset in the first place being judged because of group identity. That is ironic. 

We are all indviduals and need to focus on how we can come up with solutions. Mob mentalities are not solutions. Provocative posts are not solutions. 

Police brutality is unjustifiable but you ask a question about why police might not trust a certain community ......... want to elaborate more but have to run .... not coming at you but bringing a different point of reference. 

Praise be!

peace to all!

8 minutes ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

You post with with a lot of emotion and come at posters you have absolutely no clue of their character but you take posts on a message board and label. It’s funny it’s the exact thing that has you so upset in the first place being judged because of group identity. That is ironic. 

We are all indviduals and need to focus on how we can come up with solutions. Mob mentalities are not solutions. Provocative posts are not solutions. 

Fun story. Im judging you buy the very post you said you regret. The post in which you said

1 hour ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

eroding trust a “culture” has been created by in large part an entire community of absolutely no respect, and yes no trust, no matter the circumstance. It’s a generation of watching Boyz n the hood and learning to hate every police officer the same. A generation of Blasting NWA saying F the Police and hating police departments like Fairfax County Police making them out to be the LAPD of the 70’s-90’s. From elementary school on in many cases before any police interaction happens, just playing cops and robbers its natural to have a mindset of f-12 or f these pigs. 

Im judging you by what you give me. You hit submit on that ****. Not me. Not some other white guy. Not a cop. You. And im judging you not anyone else. 

That there is the difference homie. If you dont understand that then it makes sense why you dont understand the conversation. 

I think its funny yall think my posts are so provocative. But we got a few cats in here saying black people deserve it and im wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's annoying AF and ignores history.  Black people have been demonized since they brought us on the boat, and now because of the 80s cracking epidemic they're all the sudden right about our entire race?  It's f'n BS to the highest degree.

They know its bull. Thats why they wont back it up. And thats why im asking them. 

Edited by Llevron

Judging "the police" as a whole by the actions a small but noticeable amount of their actions is no more fair than judging the black community the same way.  Both are wrong.  There are bad cops.  There are bad black people.  But you cant judge them all based off that.

Except Baltimore.  I think that whole damn group is corrupt. 

• Like 1

I wish I could agree that it wasn't close to 50/50 in regards to police, but there's a huge chunk that is truly f'd up and another huge chunk that consistently looks the other way claiming to be good cops.  It is not small, wish it was, but it is not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Judging "the police" as a whole by the actions a small but noticeable amount of their actions is no more fair than judging the black community the same way.  Both are wrong.  There are bad cops.  There are bad black people.  But you cant judge them all based off that.

Black people are not equivalent to police.  I don't think this is an analogy that works.

If you want to say Black Lives Matter, I think that makes more sense and would be a more legitimate comparison.  

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Black people are not equivalent to police.  I don't think this is an analogy that works.

If you want to say Black Lives Matter, I think that makes more sense and would be a more legitimate comparison.  

Use whatever comparisons you want.  Point being, judging a whole group on the actions of a portion of them is wrong.  

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Use whatever comparisons you want.  Point being, judging a whole group on the actions of a portion of them is wrong.  

I'm not sure it is wrong.  Is it wrong to assume people of a group will all be the same and act the same, yeah.  Is it wrong to be suspicious of people of a group because of previous interactions or instances of bad behavior by others of that group...maybe.  But is it inevitable and understandable, yep.  Of course it is.  If a cop's friend or partner was beaten to death by Black Lives Matter members, how would he feel if he sees a group full of them coming towards them?  If a man's wife was shot by a cop for not getting her wallet out fast enough, do you think he might be nervous when he sees a police car pulling up or even driving by?

I don't think the most viral incidents themselves are what erodes public trust.  People can accept bad things happen in this world, people from bad areas more readily accept this than most.  There's more to this than some bad apples doing a few bad things.  One problem is that there's a perceived total absence of justice.  We hear about civil settlements and people being released from prison, sometimes decades later, but we don't see the police officers that wrongfully killed or hurt people jailed.  We don't see police officers that terrified or brutalized a false confession out of someone punished adequately either.  That more than the incidents themselves erode trust.  The absence of justice is what moves this issue from a few bad cops to, not just all cops, but to the entire justice system.  

Another problem is that what people imagine the rules are for police, and what they are in reality as applied, seem to be worlds apart.  There is no video of a police incident that isn't filled with some variation of "you can't do that" both in the video and in comment sections.  Most of the time cops can indeed do that.  I suspect most people would define police brutality and resisting arrest wildly differently than the law and police officers.  That sort of disconnect is a major problem.   

• Like 6