Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/bernie-sanders-calls-for-resignations-chicago-police-216437#ixzz3tS9CAsO5

Sanders calls for Chicago resignations in police shooting case

Bernie Sanders stopped just short of calling on Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel to resign, saying instead that any official who knew that the videotape of a police officer shooting a black teenager was being withheld should be out of a job.

"Any official who helped suppress the videotape of Laquan McDonald's murder should be held accountable," Sanders said in a statement. "And any elected official with knowledge that the tape was being suppressed or improperly withheld should resign. No one should be shielded by power or position."

While Sanders did not mention Emanuel by name, the mayor — a longtime Clinton ally who also served as President Barack Obama's first chief of staff — has been at the center of the swirling controversy.

A staffer in both of the last two Democratic White Houses, Emanuel has been a divisive figure in Chicago, narrowly winning re-election earlier this year. But, at the center of this national controversy, he has also found himself the subject of a political tug-of-war.

Republicans, for example, have been eager to tie him to national Democrats in recent days.

Hillary Clinton has declined to call for Emanuel's resignation in the wake of the revelations, but her campaign has urged a review of the Chicago Police Department by the Justice Department. Sanders joined that call with his statement on Friday.

Edited by visionary

Sooo, anyone remember when twa said that he didn't really care if cops were a part of white supremacist groups as long as it didn't affect their on the job performance? 

So you are saying they are Lincoln impersonators?  ;)

Crooked cops are unacceptable no matter their beliefs or associations.

and SPLC sucks as a source. :P

So you are saying they are Lincoln impersonators?  ;)

Crooked cops are unacceptable no matter their beliefs or associations.

and SPLC sucks as a source. :P

It should not go unnoticed that crooked cops, while being "unacceptable", and known to be unacceptable by members of that same department, were still allowed to continue with criminal activities and were subsequently promoted for it. They were rewarded for being criminals. When you have that type of scum at the head of Homeland Security in the state of Alabama, how can you trust the statistics of when they claim so many minorities are committing crimes. The books are cooked.  

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-race-chicago-lynch-idUSKBN0TQ1FM20151208?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter

DOJ to examine Chicago police; no charges in second shooting

The U.S. Justice Department said on Monday it will investigate Chicago's police department following protests over the 2014 police shooting death of a black teenager, on the same day local prosecutors said they would not seek charges in another police shooting case.

U.S. authorities will look at the department's use of force, including deadly force, among other issues, U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch said at a news briefing.

"Our goal in this investigation ... is not to focus on individuals but to improve systems," the United States' top law enforcement official said.

She said federal officials would be investigating "constitutional violations" in one of the nation's largest police departments.

Lynch's announcement came after almost two weeks of protests in Chicago following the release of a 2014 police squad car dashboard video showing police officer Jason Van Dyke emptying his gun into 17-year-old Laquan McDonald, shooting him 16 times. Van Dyke, who is white, was charged late last month with first-degree murder.

High-profile killings of black men at the hands of mainly white police officers in U.S. cities have prompted a national debate and protests about the use of excessive force by police.

Two hours after Lynch's briefing, Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez gave a detailed presentation to reporters explaining why she would not seek charges in another 2014 police shooting death of a black man.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/12/11/former-oklahoma-police-officer-found-guilty-serial-rape/77138186/

Oklahoma police officer found guilty of multiple rapes

A former Oklahoma City police officer has been convicted of sexually assaulting women he preyed upon in a low-income neighborhood he patrolled.

A jury convicted Daniel Holtzclaw of four charges of first-degree rape and 14 other counts. He sobbed while hearing the verdicts Thursday, his 29th birthday. He could spend the rest of his life in prison, based on the jury’s recommendation he serve 263 years.

. . .

• Like 1

http://gawker.com/california-cop-guns-down-man-crawling-from-car-wreckage-1747954638

That one made me feel sick to my stomach watching the video.  Be sure your sound is turned on so you can hear the officer say "I have a male in the car refusing to get out" immediately after shooting him as he tried to climb out of the car.  The man survived though he may be paralyzed forever. 

The District Attorney has decided the Thanksgiving shooting, vividly captured in this newly release footage, was an “accidental shooting,” despite showing what very clearly appears to be the officer involved raising his weapon, firing, and then calmly holstering it.

Accidental.

• Like 1

http://gawker.com/california-cop-guns-down-man-crawling-from-car-wreckage-1747954638

That one made me feel sick to my stomach watching the video.  Be sure your sound is turned on so you can hear the officer say "I have a male in the car refusing to get out" immediately after shooting him as he tried to climb out of the car.  The man survived though he may be paralyzed forever. 

Accidental.

What the ****.

Also, he said after shooting the guy the driver wont get out of the car? No ****? What the ****.... Also, apparently he didnt tell anyone that he had fired his gun or the guy had been shot until the gunshot wound was found. How is this guy not getting charged??

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

That DA should be canned along with the cop.  I mean, really?  There's about 3 seconds from the arrival to the shot, and the policeman had to aim really high to hit the guy.

Butte County taxpayers should be totally FURIOUS.  They're going to be paying for that, and it's messed up as hell.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 1

Accidental.

That may be the worst one yet.  Not only for the shooting, but his immediate lying afterward.  And all that on camera, yet the DA passes on doing anything.  He should be ****canned too.  Sickening.   Paradise, California, my ass.

Edited by Dan T.

I hope the FBI or some oversight agency looks into that Paradise, CA shooting. That fatass cop damn near executed that dude, then tried to hide his actions. He gets off scot free? Accidental? Bull****!

The length of this thread is shocking.

It'd be nice if dumb**** cops weren't going around beating/raping/shooting people and acting in a criminal fashion, as that would make this thread shorter.

I hope the FBI or some oversight agency looks into that Paradise, CA shooting. That fatass cop damn near executed that dude, then tried to hide his actions. He gets off scot free? Accidental? Bull****!

It'd be nice if dumb**** cops weren't going around beating/raping/shooting people and acting in a criminal fashion, as that would make this thread shorter.

Completely agree. We could start holding a couple accountable. That'd be a start. Local cops used to beat the **** out of my friends and I. This **** has been going on forever.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

Jordan alleged his rejection from the police force was discrimination. He sued the city, saying his civil rights were violated because he was denied equal protection under the law.

But the U.S. District Court found that New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy.” In a ruling dated Aug. 23, the 2nd Circuit agreed. The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

Jordan has worked as a prison guard since he took the test.

• Like 1