Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grantland: Snyder Stays Silent: Why Washington’s Quiet Offseason Provides a Welcome Change in D.C.

MattFancy

Patience is a virtue that ought to be taught to everyone as a kid, as long as respect and frustration.

This aside, I'm wondering now, if finally, the Albert Haynesworth story is not the best thing that ever happened to us and put and end to our misery.

Sure we've seen bad seasons since then, but we haven't been doing splash moves in FA since then. It have cost so much to Danny in terms of money and respect all over the place that somehow he said "enough is enough!". The Shanahan era was a good move, that backfired, but at least a try in the right direction. Bruce/Jay/Scott might be the second and the one that lifts us toward greatness once again.

I tend to gauge how people do things, to how I would do things, which creates quite the curve. I've become very patient and understanding over the years.

Kool, understood and that's an admirable trait.  Maybe I just get rankled because Snyder did not show that same patience and understanding then.  I know he's expressed remorse for how he acted back then, but I get skeptical about how easy it is for a tiger to change its proverbial stripes.  It seems like the organization has recently been moving gradually in the right direction......we'll see what transpires.

The Shanahan era was a good move, that backfired, but at least a try in the right direction. Bruce/Jay/Scott might be the second and the one that lifts us toward greatness once again.

I was optimistic about Shanny but it seemed it was another example of Snyder's "coach-centric" thinking at the expense of the player personnel aspect to the organization. That said, seems like even if you hit on the good GM, you still need an effective coach to bring you over the top. 

I'm not ready to rate Jay Gruden as a bust yet. And frankly I won't care much about W-L this year. Heart and passion from the players will be a great indicator of it.

I've seen too many games these last year where we just didn't seem to show up ont sundays, not caring about what was going on, only playing for a quarter or two... Can't stand this anymore.

Archived