Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Why does Grant Fat Paulsen sounds like he's choking on his fat neck almost every time he starts a new sentence?

Thats weghtist. Or neckist. Dunno which one, just add an ist to it tho

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Why does Grant Fat Paulsen sounds like he's choking on his fat neck almost every time he starts a new sentence?

It's actually the sound of his own self-satisfaction and the love of his own opinion.

• Haha 4

The Junkies are great for what they are, and build their own little universe. 

Grant and Danny are annoying. 

Dukes' show is pretty good. He's more fun when he's talking about popular topics than straight sports.  Also worlds better without LaVar. LaVar was unlistenable. The quantity of words he needed to get a simple question out was infuriating.  

• Like 3

On 6/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, Warhead36 said:

Darrell Green isn't even in the same universe as Ovechkin or even Scherzer for that matter.

Yeah, don't agree. The biggest team in the area with the player who came up the biggest in the biggest moments while being here for 20 seasons. The punt return against Chicago. The Int in the Superbowl. The chasing down of HOF RBs. 

We've complained about Max in the playoffs. OV in the playoffs. Darrell Green was elite in the playoffs. 

• Like 3

Who was better than Darrel Green during most of his career? Deion (as more of a cover corner and return threat?) I was born in '88and dont know the 80's,  but I cant think of many people in the early portion of the 90's that were better. Max was always in Kershaw's shadow for awhile, and im not a hockey guy, but it seemed like that guy Bing Crosby in Pittsburgh had Ovechkins number for awhile too.

Push

Edited by Mr. Sinister

On 6/24/2019 at 5:10 PM, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Yeah, don't agree. The biggest team in the area with the player who came up the biggest in the biggest moments while being here for 20 seasons. The punt return against Chicago. The Int in the Superbowl. The chasing down of HOF RBs. 

We've complained about Max in the playoffs. OV in the playoffs. Darrell Green was elite in the playoffs. 

lolol. Ovie is a point per game player in the playoffs.

You are dellusional if you think Darrell freaking Green is as impactful an NFL player as Ovie is an NHL player. Ovie might be the greatest goal scorer EVER. I can't believe this is still an argument. The Redskin indoctrination among certain people in this town is insane.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

lolol. Ovie is a point per game player in the playoffs.

You are dellusional if you think Darrell freaking Green is as impactful an NFL player as Ovie is an NHL player. Ovie might be the greatest goal scorer EVER. I can't believe this is still an argument. The Redskin indoctrination among certain people in this town is insane.

I'd argue Scherzer over Green as well. I don't recall Green being considered the best at his position for 5-6 years in a row? Plus having the top CB in the NFL would be akin to the top Shortstop. Having the best pitcher in MLB is like having the best QB in the NFL. Scherzer is the best pitcher in MLB.

Not to take anything away from Green, but Max and Ovie are tops in their leagues.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Unrelated. Just read on Twitter that UnWise Mike is a guest host on 980 today. 

Not going to tune in to that nonsense. 

I saw back to back tweets a while back: one attacking the Redskins name, the other defending Mike Tyson after his rape conviction.

30 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I saw back to back tweets a while back: one attacking the Redskins name, the other defending Mike Tyson after his rape conviction.

Usually when 980 has a replacement host midday, they are better than the usual. Knoche, Smokin' Al, Smoot. 

This was a bad choice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Don't you mean G&D? That's what cool guy G is calling the show these days. 

Or should I say "Bob" since they still do that stupid "hey Bob" bit they have been doing for 5 years straight?  It's almost as bad as their whole "winning off the field" bit that was funny for about 2 weeks after Bruce said that.

• Haha 3

UnWise Mike ( I forgot about this. I can't believe it's still working. 😂🤣

I think I've finally admitted to myself that the Junkies and Galdi work well together. Even during this dead period, they've at least kept me entertained...

Edited by CrypticVillain
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Galdi deserves a full time prime slot, not that 6 AM non sense they saddle him with. Let him take over for B Mitch in the 1 PM slot.

While fine alone. I think he would be better partnered with someone. Not an ex-Athlete though. He gets too analytical for somebody like that.

The saddest thing is that so many of these guest hosts on 980 are better than their regular shows. Not just when they have someone fill in for Doc because that's always better than him.

But Smoot is hilarious when teamed with someone. And through all his talk you can tell he knows X's and O's. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Galdi deserves a full time prime slot, not that 6 AM non sense they saddle him with. Let him take over for B Mitch in the 1 PM slot.

The morning drive slot is one of the premier time slots.  It’s mornkng drive, evening drive, then mid-day.  

I do think he could use a cohost to play off of.  I like Smoot, but only in small doses.  

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Ugh, Chris Russell is in for the Junks and going off about team celebrations. I feel like I've been transported to 1992. No wonder this lunatic doesn't have a full time show.

I don’t listen to 106.7, but I thought he did have a full time show? Maybe on the weekends?

On 7/1/2019 at 4:28 PM, @SkinsGoldPants said:

While I appreciate your spirit. No way anything since Larry Michael's little 980 show could be worse than Wise being all Smug. 

Redskins lunch with Bram and Larry was actually really good because cynical Bram countered homer Larry and made fun of him mercilessly. When Bram left the whole thing became nauseating.   

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Redskins lunch with Bram and Larry was actually really good because cynical Bram countered homer Larry and made fun of him mercilessly. When Bram left the whole thing became nauseating.   

I meant the Larry solo show. The one where before playing Indy he said he'd take Jason Campbell over Peyton Manning because Manning was due for an injury. Or, when he would question people who doubting Vinny as "Dallas Spies".

As fun as it is to rail on DC sports guys, I do feel bad for them (a little.... maybe a smidge...microscopic fiber.... somethings there, definitely).

If I had yo cover all these suckass teams for decades, I'd probably be muttering t

myself incoherently, biting at random people, and living in a dark boiler room too