Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

Listening to Squeaky Loverro try his damnedest to keep controversy going is ridiculously funny.

I think Sheehan almost popped him one a few minutes ago.

~Bang

For all the talk about culture issues and how bad the product is....the irony is totally lost on the guys who work for a radio station owned by a group that also is part of the team. 980 and the Redskins are the same thing. Only difference is that one is complaining about the other.

Imagine if they had to talk about their own ratings, how that is dropping.....and took calls on that. I'd like to hear Loverro talk about who is to blame for that. What needs to be done. Maybe Kevin could bring in Shanny to fix it. Hire Rex or Beck to be the station GM.

• Like 2

For all the talk about culture issues and how bad the product is....the irony is totally lost on the guys who work for a radio station owned by a group that also is part of the team. 980 and the Redskins are the same thing. Only difference is that one is complaining about the other.

Imagine if they had to talk about their own ratings, how that is dropping.....and took calls on that. I'd like to hear Loverro talk about who is to blame for that. What needs to be done. Maybe Kevin could bring in Shanny to fix it. Hire Rex or Beck to be the station GM.

I'd love for someone to flame them on that, but the station would just hang up before things got good

Grant must be super excited about this Cousins news Lirl. He thinks Cousins is a NFL hall of famer, what a Mook

Not really. I'll explain more...

Listening to Squeaky Loverro try his damnedest to keep controversy going is ridiculously funny.

I think Sheehan almost popped him one a few minutes ago.

~Bang

Yeah, I heard that lol.

Out of the four radio hosts that I listened to at lunch, that bamma was the only one saying dumb stuff. I think the other three were genuinely relieved that the decision was made, but was still maybe a little sympathetic for RG3 and think there's no way he should be on this team. They were actually using common sense to me. But Thom was on some BS for real lol

• Like 1

Classless 980 plays goodbye music to Griffin on the MMQB show. Sheehan, to his credit said it was mean but didn't object to much. Reid seemed to not have a problem with it. And Pollin outright said,"so what? I don't have my jersey on today."

The amount glee they exuded in discussing how Griffin was done is just disgusting. This is the sports radio personalities in this town at their worst. They love to rip people down and dance on their grave.

Just low class nasty bull**** by everyone of them.

Go pop into the RG3 thread for more of the same.  From Redskins fans. It's sad.

The amount glee they exuded in discussing how Griffin was done is just disgusting. This is the sports radio personalities in this town at their worst. They love to rip people down and dance on their grave.

No joke.  I get it - they all want to jump in on the dumb drama talk, because it equals ratings.  But the JOY that they have coming through their voices over the air when they are bashing the Redskins character du jour (RG3, Snyder, DJax, Bruce, etc) is just too much.  Hell, the junkies had a mock RG3 career funeral awhile back on air, and chuckle about it.

Haven't listened to local sports talk radio in spell - happily avoiding it after rescent events now!

It's like they're willingly open to listening to this crap they hate so much. They act like there are no other options. Everyone has a smart phone. Everyone can get podcasts.

I just discovered a podcast called The History of England.

There are 160 episodes in the archive....and it's only up to 1445. I may never have to listen to anything else ever again......

For you guys who wonder why I continue to listen, I guess I'm a glutoon for punishment. What can I say? I'm a Skins fan. 

Regardless, I have a huge issue with people who are unprofessional and abuse their position. So it irks me that they call situations they are major contributors to a circus or drama, when they are instigators. It irks me when the majority of them know less than any of us in this thread about football, yet look down on callers who say something foolish. I also can't stand them trying to drum up controversy out of thin air(Loverro) or taking out their personal beefs with a player or executive every time they open their mouth(Reid).  I will continue to complain about how poorly they do their jobs and continue to blow them up on twitter because they deserve it and more.  

• Like 3

You do realize that you aren't required to listen to these shows, correct?

I hear the kids are very into The Spotfiy these days.

yes, i do, and i use Spotify quite a bit, thanks.

But, i do like the Redskins, and being as it IS nearly the start of the season, using DC sports talk radio to try and find discussions of one of my favorite things in the world is not really that unusual, especially when there's SO much happening. 

(I am also aware that I am not required to like the Redskins,, but i do, so.. listening to discussions of the San Diego chargers and such isn't really the same thing.)

Podcasts are alright, but honestly, a lot of them are hard to listen to. The hosts typically aren't personable, the production lacks,  and the chemistry is weak. After a little while it just buzzes in my ear.

Is there a thread to complain about people who complain about the things they use in threads devoted to those things?

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 5

Dude

I tried to be like yall and listen to local DC radio like one of the cool kids

The second i drive up 95 the reception craps out and I can't hear anything lol

Was listening to man cave and them I get reception issues and have to turn it off. They were talking about how the fans are dumb and the football people know what they're doing. Then all of a sudden static.

I can't get the fan up there either.

Walking out of the TV, they had ESPN on the TV with Chris Carter on Mike/Mike talking about the Skins. I thought two things.

#1. How is Chris Carter not suspended right now for his NFL Rookie comments?

#2. Opinions = Assholes. We all got them. Being a former player and current jerk doesn't make you any more qualified than my grandmother who passed almost 5 years ago. 

Give me stats, other examples of this type of thing, break it down with commonsense. Not emotion.

"griffin ran off the coaching staff that gave him the best chance to be successful"- kevn sheehan.

ok. while i'm perfectly fine with griffin being difficult or even uncoachable, lets not forget a couple of things here. first, mike picked him. second, mike shanahan made more than enough mistakes- outside of picking this guy- to warrant being fired. 

lets not pretend that this team was a competent QB away from being good under mike shanahan. 

typical sheehan revisionist history, lips firmly planted on mikes tanned rear end. 

Sheehan seems to forget that in 3 of Mike's 4 years here, we had a losing record. And not just barely a losing record, we were awful. Zorn levels of awful. Oh and in 2 of those year's Griffin wasn't here to take the blame.

You're right though, it's amazing how often history gets rewritten around here.

• Like 2

Sheehan seems to forget that in 3 of Mike's 4 years here, we had a losing record. And not just barely a losing record, we were awful. Zorn levels of awful. Oh and in 2 of those year's Griffin wasn't here to take the blame.

Yep. Its so sad. Even Loverro would sigh when he did that defending Shanny move.

Not only that, but if you believe this version that Sheehan and Shanahan are pushing, the two QBs he was "forced to acquire" (McNabb and Griffin), were much better than the one he hand picked. That would be John Beck, quite possibly the worst QB in the history of this franchise. This was the Shanahan QB of choice. Based on that, I'd say he was done a favor by having to play McNabb and Griffin.