Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

" Everyone "

Coach Williams

NOTE: spurrier in college ran the ball 56% of the time beacuse he was always winning.....now with a inconsistant team he if FORCED to throw.....

I know about 200 threads of venting people are about to be posted and everyone is calling for spurriers head......but In the first 4 games we protected, and we executed the fun 'n gun( kind-of).

So rather than scream at spurrier for doing something wrong why don't we all take a peek at players..esp. our O-line. Why is it the first 4 games we play fine then we fall apart...spurrier didn't change his system over night and he didn't tell the o-line not to block.....the players simply have lost their heart to play....

I am a strong advocate of " blame the coach"...in high school and down but in NFL good coaches can only do so much..if the players are train their whole lives to run/block/catch/throw/ect... they shouldn't mess up and blame the coach nor the fans...if spurrier says run up the middle and all the players on offense do their jobs it should be a touchdown........coachs can excite and motovate ( parcells) but the heart on the field is what seperates the players. If our players know the system and still don't want to play hard in the games then it reflects the players lack of heart not the coaches....spurrier day in and day out trains them to do their jobs...

EX: If trotter misses a tackle it's his lack of heart not the coach....and if it is the coaches fault he didn't want to hit him then lets blame Andy Reid for teaching this probowl LB its OK not to tackle. and fassell for armstead.....heck lets blame herm. edwards every time coles drops a pass too!....why not he coached him !

Does anyone see what I'm geting at? The system was the same last year and this year the same again and we only show flashes once a game.....by now if spurrier says run we should run if he says pass...then we should PROTECT and pass.....

coaches in this situation can never be blamed because this team has shown that this system works if EXECUTED properly....and anyone who thinks spurrier is to blame rather than the o-line is a fool......

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

coaches in this situation can never be blamed because this team has shown that this system works if EXECUTED properly....and anyone who thinks spurrier is to blame rather than the o-line is a fool......

Earth to King Brice. Every football play is inherently designed to work if executed correctly. On offense and defense.

And if you really want to argue that point.... than no coach in the history of football can be accountable for wins and losses. Because technically they never touch the field.

But if you understand sport and coaching... you would appreciate the fact that coaches and managers have to evaluate talent and put people in a position that puts the team or company in a position to succeed. Good coaches and managers do.

I suppose when a company has to layoff thousands of employees... it's really the assembly line workers at fault for the lack of sales right?

Get your sh!t straight. It's ultimately the people with power that have the ability to change things for better or worse.

We hear every day how the talent level of the NFL. How different the NFL is between college. How everyone in the NFL is good. Which ultimately implies the disparity in talent between the majority of teams is minimal.

Therefore, the difference between winning and losing has a lot more to do with coaching than you believe.

so, what happens if the Redskins and Spurrier part ways and a guy comes in that wants to run the ball and use play action with Ramsey's arm to take the play downfield on the opposition? :)

what happens if as a result of that change in philosophy the linemen play better as they are suited to a run first scheme, Ramsey stays upright because he is only throwing the ball 20 times a game instead of 40, and the defense is on the field for only 45-50 plays a game instead of 70?

you would consider that person a pretty good coach wouldn't you?

why?

because he uses his personnel suited to their abilities.

now the trick is to find such a coach because the Danny has done enough to scare most competent candidates away.

Here's one example of a play designed to fail that I mentioned in an earlier thread. I've seen this happen a couple of times, and it occured yesterday with Rock Cartright. He executes a play action fake to the right side, then is responsible for peeling back to the left to pick up a blitz. If he executes the fake properly, he's too far out of position to get out to the left to make the block (which is what happened. Sack on Ramsey.) Now I'm not a football genius, but there seems to be something inherently wrong with the design of that play. Rock is set up to fail by the play's design.

I don't know Wicked, I'd have to see it again, but my recollection was that the PLAY put him out of position - he gives Ramsey the handoff target going right, and immediately has to peel back to the left to get the block. The fake itself puts him out of position to the right side between the guard and tackle slots, and he's got to get back 3 slots to get his block. Of course, even if he's in position there's no guarantee he makes the block - he matadored Roy Williams right through on at least one other play. . .

Archived