Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alright ES, is the dress blue and black or white and gold?

Springfield

i think if you see it as white and gold, as i do, you recognize that the white isnt literally white, rather, your mind is adjusting for shade.

but if you see it as blue and black, you recognize (one would hope) that its not literally black as pictured, but youre adjusting for shade.

it seems that how you perceive the 'white/blue' determines how you see the 'gold/black', because i can recognize that the white appears to have blue tint. but i dont see black in the gold. 

The dress in the picture above is indeed black and blue.

The colors in the photo are white and gold. True story.

the colors in the photo arent white and gold, they are actually blue-ish and brown-ish, as per post #21 :)

It's white and gold. The photo has poor lighting, adding a blue-ish hue to the white portions and darkening the gold portions.

its apparently black and blue, but i see it the way you do. 

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/explained-why-people-cant-agree-on-the-color-of-112191281639.html

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

Some are claiming it has to do with pigment blindness (as an aside I see white and gold).

Also, if you can't see the number on the below image, you are likely red-green color blind.

7a722b10bde5f45ed044f84555027037d6d7daa2

I heard people talking about this on the radio...why is this such a big deal?  I clicked on the picture and it looks black and blue to me, but who gives a crap?

honestly, the more i think about it, the more it freaks me out a bit.

i showed the pic to several people i work with. two of them say 'blue and black' as if it werent even a question. then we look at each other like we have horns growing out of our foreheads or something. 

part of me says 'if i cant tell the real color of the dress- and still cant even after seeing the actual dress- it makes me wonder what the hell else i'm missing.

Archived