Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

So I'm watching Black Lightning right now (season 3). Its interesting to see it develop, and how its changed from Season 1. But the more interesting news is that PainKiller (villain in Black Lightning) is getting his own spinoff show on CW.

https://thegrio.com/2020/11/12/cw-black-lightning-painkiller-akil/

The article kinda tells me some of what happens in season 3 so I'm a bit sad I read it but I like that the show is getting a Lightningverse. I know that Black Lightning was in the Crisis on Infinite Earths, so he's in Arrowverse. It'll be interesting to see if this new show plays in. I also wonder about is comic origins and how much of this is TV writers inspired vs comics inspired. 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:22 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

@TK or anybody else, looking to start a big CW several month long watch of most of the DC stuff. Not watching Smallville, but stuff like Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, Black Lightning, Batwoman, etc.

I know some of these crossover, so what order should I watch them in?

So I just did this. Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, Black Lightning. 

I think they're somewhat meant to be watched in order (like time wise) but I was able to get away with just watching one show for 2 or 3 seasons at a time and then switching to another. There are a lot of crossovers and thats the only real time its confusing. But I watched Flash S1 first (thats what introduced me) then went back and watched Arrow S1, then probably 3 more seasons of Flash then 3 or 4 more of Arrow, then all of Supergirl, then Black Lightning came along towards the end. Its kinda disjoint from all of this but still a (distant) part. 

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/11/16/a-new-wonder-girl-series-may-be-coming-to-the-cw

[quote]

A New Wonder Girl Series May be Coming to The CW

Yara Flor may not be a name many DC fans are familiar with now…but that could change very soon.

Announced initially as a core part of DC Future State, the massive line-wide 2021 comic book event that will change the direction of the DC Universe, Yara will soon be making waves on the comic book page in a miniseries written and drawn by Joëlle Jones, but it appears the new hero isn’t stopping there. Deadline announced today that The CW is developing a new Wonder Girl live-action series that will feature Yara Flor from Queen of South executive producer Dailyn Rodriguez and Berlandi Productions.

[/quote]

• Thanks 1

Black Lightening is it’s own thing. They just wanted all their shows in Crisis.

It’s time to end the older shows. Supergirl is ending next year. Flash needs to end also.

They already have a new crop. Superman & Lois, Stargirl, Batwoman, Swamp Thing to their place.

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Black Lightening is it’s own thing. They just wanted all their shows in Crisis.

It’s time to end the older shows. Supergirl is ending next year. Flash needs to end also.

They already have a new crop. Superman & Lois, Stargirl, Batwoman, Swamp Thing to their place.

I wouldn't have a problem with most of the older shows ending because its been a good reign but I really enjoy the Flash still. I don't want them to just make up plotlines and I'll admit that I haven't liked every concept or every season, but its the most entertaining to me. Honestly I feel like after Flash, its Black Lightning, then Arrow then Legends of Tomorrow then Supergirl. I'm curious to see how these new shows are and how Crisis changes things, but honestly Crisis would be a great place to end the shows. Since Flash is continuing I guess Arrowverse will stay for a while. I wonder if these new shows are in that verse as well. 

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I wouldn't have a problem with most of the older shows ending because its been a good reign but I really enjoy the Flash still. I don't want them to just make up plotlines and I'll admit that I haven't liked every concept or every season, but its the most entertaining to me. Honestly I feel like after Flash, its Black Lightning, then Arrow then Legends of Tomorrow then Supergirl. I'm curious to see how these new shows are and how Crisis changes things, but honestly Crisis would be a great place to end the shows. Since Flash is continuing I guess Arrowverse will stay for a while. I wonder if these new shows are in that verse as well. 

Superman & Lois spun off from Supergirl; so pretty sure it's in that universe.  Batwoman is in that universe. 

Stargirl which aired this summer, don't know what universe she's in but it was really good.   No clue, if Swamp Thing is in that universe.  I think it's doing good, so it will get a second season on CW.    Legends of Tomorrow is just a funny, silly show.  Probably, should end that one also.

FYI

Swamp Thing originally ran on the DC Comics app along with Titans. Titans is now accessible through HBO Max, with a third season on the way. Swamp Thing however was cancelled after one season while it was still on the DC app. They've re-run it on CW because CW needed programing during the shutdown. I haven't seen or heard anything about the CW or HBO Max reviving it for a second season.

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's my fault. Every time I watch something,  or commit to watching something,  its cancelled. My bad, fellas

Do NOT ****ing watch The Mandalorian. 

:table2:

• Haha 3

It’s hard to get excited about DC.

I am excited about WW84 and if Aquaman ever releases another movie... and I’m intrigued by anything Batman... but they need to really reset their films. Dont aim for Avengers... aim for individual successes that tie in to one another in subtle ways and then go for the team ups. Let Justice League happen organically. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He has all of ours 

#ProtectTheChild

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

It’s hard to get excited about DC.

I am excited about WW84 and if Aquaman ever releases another movie... and I’m intrigued by anything Batman... but they need to really reset their films. Dont aim for Avengers... aim for individual successes that tie in to one another in subtle ways and then go for the team ups. Let Justice League happen organically. 

agree it’s what they should have done from day 1 but they wanted to cut straight to the Avengers which never would have worked if we had gotten Iron Man and then then brought Captain America and Thor into Iron Man 2. And that was pretty much the entire setup 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1

Batman, Jason Todd, Nightwing and Batgirl in one 3 movie arc would work. But I agree, they shot themselves in the foot going for the Avengers. 

It takes strong actors to pill that off. You cant just give roles like the Flash and Cyborg to uninspiring cats. That's the only reason most of Marvels characters work. They nail down the casting.  Otherwise no one would care about Tony Stark, and other characters.  Iron Man was a B team Superhero in post 90's Marvel Comics.

DC can do this.