Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Pretty sure Luthor started out with hair in the comics or at least a wig. Can't remember which. So this is fine if it's sort of his beginning and being how young he is, it makes sense. I like the boy genius tech super billionaire Luthor they've come up with.

I also loved Man of Steel though. I don't get the hate for it. It had some flaws but it was still the best Superman movie to me.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/ben-affleck-geoff-johns-batman-dc-entertainment-warner-bros-comic-con-1201472921/  
Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Stand-Alone ‘Batman’ Film: Comic Con

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s one for theComic-Con crowd to gnaw on. I’m told that Ben Affleck is teaming up withGeoff Johns to co-write a stand-aloneBatman movie that Affleck will direct and star in after he completes his longstanding plan to helm his scripted adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novelLive By Night. Johns has about as much comic cred as anybody around. He’s DC Comics’ chief creative officer and has written some of its best remembered comic book series including Green Lantern, Aquaman, Batman, Justice League, The Flashand Superman. He also has written TV series superhero transfers Smallville, Arrowand The Flash, as well as the Supergirl project with Greg Berlanti for CBS.

My studio sources tell me that Affleck and Johns are well in synch and have more than found their rhythm. In fact, they are likely to turn in a script before the end of the summer, prior to Affleck going off to direct Live By Night in November.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.adweek.com/galleycat/falk-hentschel-to-play-hawkman-on-legends-of-tomorrow/108005/

Falk Hentschel to Play Hawkman On Legends of Tomorrow

Falk Hentschel has been cast in the Legends of Tomorrow TV show.

Hentschel will take on the role ofHawkman (a.k.a. Carter Hall).

Here’s more from Deadline: “Carter Hall is the latest reincarnation of an Egyptian Prince who is fated to reincarnate throughout time along with his soulmate, Kendra Saunders (Ciara Renée). Like Kendra, Carter can access the powers of the Hawk God, Horus, transforming him into the winged warrior known as ‘Hawkman.'”

The CW plans to air the first episode in 2016.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/seth-grahame-smith-flash-director-829170

'The Flash' Movie Finds Its Director (Exclusive)

Seth Grahame-Smith is in negotiations to direct and write The Flash, Warner Bros.' comic book movie based on the iconic DC Entertainment scarlet speedster super hero, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The movie project has a treatment from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the Lego Movie duo that were also eyeing it as a possible directing vehicle.

Instead, the busy duo is headed to a galaxy far, far away (in this case just down the street to Disney) to tackle the Han Solo Star Wars movie, thus instigating a new search for a helmer.

Flash already has a release date – March 3, 2018 – and an actor who portrays the classic hero known as "the fastest man alive" – Ezra Miller. Miller’s Flash, aka. Barry Allen, is due to be introduced in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and then more prominently in Justice League Part 1, which will be released in the summer of 2017.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...