Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 9/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Gotta say, the guy that plays Joker on Gotham could give Ledger a run for his money. Dude is just killing it. Have no idea how I'd never seen or heard of him until now.

That’s Ian from Shameless. ;)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

As good as Marvel has been, they can't escape being anything more than very well done superhero movies.

TDK and probably Joker as well were so good that they transcended that, going from superhero movie to fantastical, gritty crime drama.

I dont think they're trying to.  They're trying to do something very specific and focused, which is why they're so successful at it. 

DC is all over the place and will land the critically acclaimed one every once in a while.  I mean, it's been 11-12 years since TDK and Joker.  Not a hit rate that suggests a correlation in quality.

At any rate, I'm just not all that interested in a Joker origin story (or whatever they wanna describe it as).  

Edited by justice98

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

At any rate, I'm just not all that interested in a Joker origin story (or whatever they wanna describe it as).  

the director said they're not really following any source material. Could make it difficult when it makes money and DC tries to shoehorn it into whats left of their movie universe

https://screenrant.com/joker-movie-no-comic-book-inspiration/

“We didn’t follow anything from the comic-books, which people are gonna be mad about. We just wrote our own version of where a guy like Joker might come from. That’s what was interesting to me. We’re not even doing Joker, but the story of becoming Joker. It’s about this man.”

so essentially they're just borrowing the name and fame

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I dont think they're trying to.

I was replying to fanboy when he asked if Marvel should be perturbed.

But they aren't (to answer you). They don't need to, and frankly, I don't think they could if they tried. Only Batman's world can tap into that imo. He's a fully fleshed out and traumatized character with an army of unique, storied villains set in a world not too powered up that it totally shatters comprehension.

That was my point. I feel like Marvel's only character that comes close is Spider-Man. And... Well...

Edited by Mr. Sinister

On 9/2/2019 at 4:10 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah but 

Reveal hidden contents

The way that ends is ****ing whack 

Holy crap, you weren't kidding.... 

Spoiler

Turned my dude into some Frieza meets Willard switcheroo tomfoolery

What kind of scary ass **** is this? First the Eagles loss and now this 😔

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Holy crap, you weren't kidding.... 

Hide contents

Turned my dude into some Frieza meets Willard switcheroo tomfoolery

What kind of scary ass **** is this? First the Eagles loss and now this 😔

Yeah I don’t know what they were going for with that and why they couldn’t just keep it more straightforward. That last minute impractical switch just killed the buildup and character for me

Hmm, this sounds pretty big. I don't really want to watch all these shows though, to understand the tv version of Crisis.

Think I might get back on Gotham this weekend, after wtf-ing at that Joker scenario. Still wanna see how it all unfolds with him, Gordon/Barbara (I mean i assume they have to get back together at some point to conceive Barbara Gordon/Batwoman) and Bruce Wayne.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hmm, this sounds pretty big. I don't really want to watch all these shows though, to understand the tv version of Crisis.

Think I might get back on Gotham this weekend, after wtf-ing at that Joker scenario. Still wanna see how it all unfolds with him, Gordon/Barbara (I mean i assume they have to get back together at some point to conceive Barbara Gordon/Batwoman) and Bruce Wayne.

What the hell kind of magnitude of crisis does it take 3 Supermans (Supermen? That doesn’t sound right) to defeat?

Why wouldnt they just run **** while everybody else just sits back and plays Mahjong. Like thanks Flash. Glad you could get the pizza picked up and back here so quickly, we really worked up a hunger stopping everything for you guys. 

The necessity of the JL is already hard to fathom with Superman being there making everyone else pointless. This is just making that worse 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

43 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What the hell kind of magnitude of crisis does it take 3 Supermans (Supermen? That doesn’t sound right) to defeat?

Why wouldnt they just run **** while everybody else just sits back and plays Mahjong. Like thanks Flash. Glad you could get the pizza picked up and back here so quickly, we really worked up a hunger stopping everything for you guys. 

The necessity of the JL is already hard to fathom with Superman being there making everyone else pointless. This is just making that worse 

I assume you never read the "Crisis On Infinite Earths" mini-series?

If not I don't want to give it away...

At this point, I'm wondering if they're going to secretly work Dean Cain's Superman in as well. 

And a Captain Carrot & His Amazing Zoo Crew cameo would be hilarious since MARVEL used Spider-Ham for Into The SpiderVerse. :ols:  

15422670.jpg

• Like 2