Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 2 weeks later...

Watched some Bale as Batman over the weekend, and it's kind of crazy how much better Affleck was as Batman than Bale.  And dont get me wrong, I liked Bale at the time.  Just now there's something new to compare him to.

Hardy as Bane looked imposing and intimidating cuz he was standing next to Christian Bale, who's not very big.  Affleck woulda hulked and towered over Tom Hardy.  I dont think I woulda bought the Affleck DCEU Batman getting his ass kicked by that version of Bane.  

Not to mention, the fight choreography in the Nolan movies doesnt hold up.  It was so basic and not very fluid.  Bale's action stuff was not particularly convincing in hindsight.

Yeah Affleck as Batman and Wonder Woman I had zero problem with. Everything else is a problem.

I loved Bale too but I wholly believe that if Batfleck had been given his own movies and not a superhero universe mashup, he would've slaughtered the box office. That Batman, sans the Justice League team captain nonsense, felt closer to the comic book/cartoon Batman that I grew up with.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Watched some Bale as Batman over the weekend, and it's kind of crazy how much better Affleck was as Batman than Bale.  And dont get me wrong, I liked Bale at the time.  Just now there's something new to compare him to.

Hardy as Bane looked imposing and intimidating cuz he was standing next to Christian Bale, who's not very big.  Affleck woulda hulked and towered over Tom Hardy.  I dont think I woulda bought the Affleck DCEU Batman getting his ass kicked by that version of Bane.  

Not to mention, the fight choreography in the Nolan movies doesnt hold up.  It was so basic and not very fluid.  Bale's action stuff was not particularly convincing in hindsight.

Thank you.

I'm in complete agreement....but apparently, we're in the minority..

The Nolan trilogy is a fantastic Batman story that borrows from the comics for ideas but is entirely independent and should be treated as such. 

Its really the tale of the salvation of a city and of one man that refuses to give up on the people of that city. It simply involves Batman but honestly all of the movies have a “Batman problem” in that he is barely in them going by screen time. I view them differently and don’t even view them as comic book movies. They are dramas and character studies first and foremost that just happen to feature characters from comic books. In that regard, Bale was great as Batman because he wasn’t supposed to be the comic book Batman. But damn, was he a phenomenal Wayne

While that trilogy was incredible, the character Batman from it pales in comparison to a true comic book interpretation like what Affleck portrayed. He is the true Batman literally jumped off the pages and it’s unfortunate that he was saddled with the JL stuff rather than just getting his own standalone stories that could have been outstanding. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3

Honestly I think the villains more than anything else really made the trilogy as well. I mean everyone will remember Ledger as Joker and Hardy as Bane to a lesser extent, but man, even the next crew down, Rhaas Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Two Face, Falcone. They all felt alive and unique.

I actually didn't mind Harley Quinn in SS, but Killer Croc and Joker were just so sadly done in my mind that I just sort of blanked on Robbie's portrayal of her.

I'd settle for Netflix or something. I'd love to see a Bats on the small screen in a non gump WB, full on immersive Dark dingy Gotham grit epic tv show

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The DC Universe is making its big promotional push during San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - and along with the release of the first Titans trailer, we also got a first look at the actual details of DC's new streaming service - including the all-important detail of how much it costs.

Here's the breakdown:

• A year-long subscription for DC Universe will run you $74.99, plus whatever sales tax is applicable in your state.
  • If you want to take it slow, you can do a monthly subscription, it will cost you $7.99 a month.
  •  

The monthly subscription ultimately comes out to be about $95 a year - probably closer to $100 when you factor in taxes in a lot of states. It's a good play for DC/Warner Bros. either way, but the real measure will be seeing if there is enough brand power left in DC Entertainment to generate a healthy amount of annual subscriptions, up front. The next measure will be seeing what the drop-off rate is in monthly subscribers in a six month to year-long span.

You can read the full details of the DC Universe service in the press release below - let us know in the comments what you think about the pricing.

DC UNIVERSE DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE
NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER

First DC UNIVERSE Original - Titans 
Releases First Trailer to Celebrate Pre-Order Launch!

Annual Memberships On Sale for $74.99
Pre-Order by July 22, 2018 for a Chance to Win
Two Tickets to the Highly Anticipated Aquaman Premiere

Batman Beyond,
Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and 
Justice League the Animated Series
Join Digital Service Line Up

Pre-Order available at DCUNIVERSE.com
as well as at DC Booth at SDCC

Fans looking to experience the first-of-its-kind digital subscription service that is DC UNIVERSE are one step closer today. Slated for release in fall 2018, fans in the United States can now pre-order DC UNIVERSE at DCUNIVERSE.com for the yearly membership fee of $74.99 (plus tax, if applicable in your state). Monthly memberships will be available at launch for $7.99 a month.

To celebrate today’s pre-order availability, DC UNIVERSE and Warner Bros. Television released a first-look at the upcoming exclusive original series Titans with the trailer premiere.The highly-anticipated series will debut on the digital service in the fall of 2018. In addition, more fan-favorite DC library content has been confirmed for the DC UNIVERSE line-up, including Batman Beyond (1999), Justice League the animated series (2001-04) and Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2008-11).

As an added pre-order bonus, DC UNIVERSE is offering The Aquaman Premiere Sweepstakes*. Fans who pre-order between Thursday, July 19 (9:30 a.m. PT) and Sunday, July 22 (5 p.m. PT) will be automatically entered for a chance to win two tickets to the U.S. premiere of the Warner Bros. Pictures film Aquaman in December 2018.

Comic-Con attendees who visit the DC booth #1915 and pre-order, will receive an exclusive collectible t-shirt. Fans can also visit the DC UNIVERSE Experience at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter to immerse themselves in content from the upcoming service and literally walk through the new originals, beloved classics and iconic comics.

2COMMENTS

Fans who pre-order a yearly membership before the service’s launch in fall 2018 will get an additional three months of DC UNIVERSE for free. Annual memberships will go live with product availability in the fall.

DC UNIVERSE will be available in fall 2018 as a direct-to-consumer digital service, backed by Warner Bros. Digital Networks and built by Warner Bros. Digital Labs. Fans who sign up for memberships will enjoy new original live-action and animated series, classic TV series and films, a curated selection of comic books, breaking news, an expansive encyclopedia, and access to exclusive merchandise. Additional fan features include opportunities to connect with others in the DC community, earn premium rewards and participate in sweepstakes and contests.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous U.S. or DC who are 18 or older. Sweepstakes begins 7/19/18 at 9:30:00 a.m. PT and ends 7/22/18 at 5:00:00 p.m. PT. Limit 1 entry per person. For Official Rules, including odds and prize details, visit AquamanSweeps.com. Sponsor: DC UNIVERSE.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They need to add all DC movies and Batman The Animated Series for it even to be considered worthwhile. 

I think that's where they're heading. It may be that some of those properties streaming rights on other networks/apps/appworks? are close to expiring & they'll add them at that point. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bromjer said:

I'm not a big fan of her acting skills.

Same. She's basically played the same character in every role I've seen her in. This will be a big step up for in terms of being the main focus of an entire show. If she can't be convincing it's all going to fall apart. 

• 3 weeks later...