Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)


Recommended Posts

When ZSJL is 15 dollars on HBO Max without additional fees and Disney charges 30 dollars for movies (i.e. Black Widow) it's a ripoff.

Again when I go to the theater it costs 18 max for a single ticket

30 > 18.

Edited by ixcuincle
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

When ZSJL is 15 dollars on HBO Max without additional fees and Disney charges 30 dollars for movies (i.e. Black Widow) it's a ripoff.

Again when I go to the theater it costs 18 max for a single ticket

30 > 18.


Everybody in your house > 1. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

When ZSJL is 15 dollars on HBO Max without additional fees and Disney charges 30 dollars for movies (i.e. Black Widow) it's a ripoff.

Again when I go to the theater it costs 18 max for a single ticket

30 > 18.

 

Marvel/Disney knows the market for their content. Wonder Woman 84 and the Justice League can't compete. Neither can Kongzilla or a anyone else right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 1:10 AM, Fergasun said:

The Avengers stipend was $1000 according to a comic in 1983, with a residence and food provided (also military so he would have housing allowances too). That calculates to $2640 per week, inflation adjusted to 2021 or $137,300 per year.   Additionally, Sam Wilson is probably an E-6 in the Air Force with basic pay of $50,000...

 

He probably keeps the stipend while blipped... but not the basic pay.  He already had been an avenger for 4 years? Now he did renounce his Avengership during Civil War, so subtract 1 year of stipend and he has expenses he has to pay for. 

 

I would say his net worth should be north of $500k, easy in straight cash.  

 

Either way, its not at all realistic, with the life insurance as well that he couldn't qualify for a loan as an avenger.  Even if he was poor, renovations at worst would be $100k and the man has no mortgage, gets paid to travel by the military and also has a generous life insurance. He could easily pay that back in 5 years.

 

I'm not sure anyone can accurately assess how personal income and finances would be handled when half the freakin' planet instantly disappears without notice lol...I'm thinking that there isn't much in the SOP that covers that situation. So in terms of storytelling everything is fair game.

 

Plus it appeared that the Avengers that remained were not exactly active in maintaining operation procedures after the blip (from what I can recall the only person who made contingency plans for having people return after being smoked off the planet was Monica's mom, but I could be wrong there...and she's not an Avenger).

Edited by Califan007
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 4:10 AM, Fergasun said:

The Avengers stipend was $1000 according to a comic in 1983, with a residence and food provided (also military so he would have housing allowances too). That calculates to $2640 per week, inflation adjusted to 2021 or $137,300 per year.   Additionally, Sam Wilson is probably an E-6 in the Air Force with basic pay of $50,000...

 

He probably keeps the stipend while blipped... but not the basic pay.  He already had been an avenger for 4 years? Now he did renounce his Avengership during Civil War, so subtract 1 year of stipend and he has expenses he has to pay for. 

 

I would say his net worth should be north of $500k, easy in straight cash.  

 

Either way, its not at all realistic, with the life insurance as well that he couldn't qualify for a loan as an avenger.  Even if he was poor, renovations at worst would be $100k and the man has no mortgage, gets paid to travel by the military and also has a generous life insurance. He could easily pay that back in 5 years.


he was an avenger for like 6 months between TWS and Civil War before he became a fugitive and had no income and had to slum it for like another year and a half until infinity war. Then he was snapped for 5 years without income. It’s not a stretch to believe he is poor or couldn’t get a loan. 
 

they’re avengers. Aside from baskin Robbins naming ice cream after them and captain America doing detention videos for school which he probably did for free, there isn’t anything saying they are doing endorsements or taking in money. 

On 3/23/2021 at 6:00 PM, Califan007 said:

Plus it appeared that the Avengers that remained were not exactly active in maintaining operation procedures after the blip (from what I can recall the only person who made contingency plans for having people return after being smoked off the planet was Monica's mom, but I could be wrong there...and she's not an Avenger)


really enjoying seeing the post-blip world in these shows. The world would descend into chaos if half its population disappeared and then even more once we somehow adjusted and then had to suddenly accommodate 3.5 billion people again. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I count six different factions tangled together in a web -- I love it! 

 

To me it is pretty clear who the

Spoiler

power broker

is.  And I think 

Spoiler

Zemo knows who it is.  It could be a ruse, but they are pointing at Sharon.

 

Spoiler

I don't want Hoskins to be dead!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This John Walker can **** right off. That last shot with the shield covered in blood was nuts. 
 

Love they way they’ve used the shows to explore characters and ideas they simply can’t during the movies 

9 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I count six different factions tangled together in a web -- I love it! 

 

To me it is pretty clear who the

  Reveal hidden contents

power broker

is.  And I think 

  Reveal hidden contents

Zemo knows who it is.  It could be a ruse, but they are pointing at Sharon.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I don't want Hoskins to be dead!!

 


seems like it’s her but that’s too obvious. It’s not Hoskins cuz it’s never who you suspect the least, thats also too obvious. Therefore the power broker is clearly Bucky, the person I most medium suspect

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really interesting perspective. I do agree that giving it some time before they make a decision but ultimately they should recast the character. Maybe it should be with an entirely new cast in a few years. As pointed out in the video, multiple superheroes have been recast over the years. Nothing wrong with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Falcon and Winter Soldier been worth investing time in? I watched the first two (actually 3) episodes and while it was entertaining enough, I didn't get caught up in it to the point that I wanted to watch more right away and have strayed from it. I didn't get caught up in the storylines very much, so I never found myself eager to see what was gonna happen next.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Has Falcon and Winter Soldier been worth investing time in? I watched the first two (actually 3) episodes and while it was entertaining enough, I didn't get caught up in it to the point that I wanted to watch more right away and have strayed from it. I didn't get caught up in the storylines very much, so I never found myself eager to see what was gonna happen next.

Yes, it's worth it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 6:24 PM, Califan007 said:

Has Falcon and Winter Soldier been worth investing time in? I watched the first two (actually 3) episodes and while it was entertaining enough, I didn't get caught up in it to the point that I wanted to watch more right away and have strayed from it. I didn't get caught up in the storylines very much, so I never found myself eager to see what was gonna happen next.


yes the last episode was great and kinda drove  home some of the ideas they touched on earlier 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have a problem with Falcon and Walker and anyone else using Cap’s shield the way Cap did without the serum. I always thought his ability to bounce that thing around all crazy and catch it was due to his super strength, agility, and reflexes not because it has some weird ass gravitational lull. It’s just weird. I’ve accepted it, because that’s what they have decided but I don’t like it. 

watching Sam throw it and basically it’s a self-flying vibranium drone. That’s always going to come back unless you throw it with some extra sauce and it gets stuck 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...