Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

20 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Black Panther 2: It will be wildly successful at the Box Office, though we all know the reason why.

Wow dude, why?

I know why, which may be more than you knowing why (based on how you presented this), but do you really know why? 

I think that they knew why, but not to the full extent why? 

So I’m guessing that you knowing why is really based on them knowing why, but not really why, which makes your knowing why really not much of a knowing why?

😛

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Complete opposite. Sharing those moments with a packed house that stands and collectively loses their **** when Cap wields mjolnir or when Thor shows up in wakanda in infinity war make it so much more memorable. I can see the movie as many times as I want. I can probably only have that experience once (definitely only once with clean Spider-Man PJs. They’re soiled afterwards for sure) with a movie. I’m going to take it.  

Totally agree with you.  I'm a very reserved person so it's fun for me when I'm in a theater of people who are demonstrable and emotionally invested.  It breaks the ice.  Sometimes I like going to an obscure matinee and getting a theater to myself, but a lively crowd is definitely a key part of a great theater experience.  To this day I still remember how the crowd reacted when Haldir and the elven reinforcements showed up at Helm's Deep in The Two Towers.  That wasn't in the book so it was a twist that caught even the book nerds by surprise and the reaction was awesome.

20 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh I know why, but i'm trying to turn over a new leaf and be (relatively) nice ☺

Pfft. I'm an outrageous dick, and my life is better for it! Join the Eat **** and Die Club!

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Crowd I was watching it with lost it at "Avengers... Assemble!" when they all poured out of Strange's portals

Been waiting for that line since I was a youngin

When Thanos ships started shooting at the sky, I turned to my wife with a giddy smile and said "Oh...here she comes"

Captain Marvel is badass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Totally agree with you.  I'm a very reserved person so it's fun for me when I'm in a theater of people who are demonstrable and emotionally invested.  It breaks the ice.  Sometimes I like going to an obscure matinee and getting a theater to myself, but a lively crowd is definitely a key part of a great theater experience.  To this day I still remember how the crowd reacted when Haldir and the elven reinforcements showed up at Helm's Deep in The Two Towers.  That wasn't in the book so it was a twist that caught even the book nerds by surprise and the reaction was awesome.

Yeah it’s almost like a sporting event just having that tangible camaraderie of people with such a strong mutual interest in something that’s right in front of you and going thru the ups and downs together. 

Im like you, I’ll go to a movie by myself and have an amazing time. But then there are certain movies where I really appreciate a rocking crowd being part of the experience . If I miss a line here or there I’m ok with it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Pfft. I'm an outrageous dick, and my life is better for it! Join the Eat **** and Die Club!

Pretty sure I created that club back in the day :ols:

Every post  could have the Vegeta theme song playing in the background after he just blew up an innocent fishing village or something. That was years ago though. Nowadays I'd much rather just joan on people (unless its politics, where the old me is still firing Final Flashes and Galick Guns). 👍

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Between the two films, thor dropping into wakanda got the largest response from the theatres i went to

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Me too that’s the loudest I’ve ever heard a theater. 

But now, knowing that his arrival still meant defeat, I don't get nearly as excited when I re-watch it. 

Anyone else have that feeling when seeing Infinity War again?  Yeah, this is cool, but it's all for naught.

I know this may sound like a troll job, and maybe it's just me.

3 minutes ago, First Colony said:

But now, knowing that his arrival still meant defeat, I don't get nearly as excited when I re-watch it. 

Anyone else have that feeling when seeing Infinity War again?  Yeah, this is cool, but it's all for naught.

I know this may sound like a troll job, and maybe it's just me.

You'll never recapture the emotion of that first viewing.  But one of the benefits of re-watching is finding new layers of depth in the story.  I've rewatched the LoTR movies a hundred times, and I still find new things that fascinate and awe me.  So much goes into making these epic movies.

• Like 4

I know what you mean.  True thrills.  Actually it took me multiple viewings to get fully invested in the characters and story and feel the range of emotion many of the scenes portray.  The death speeches are a good example.  I didn't appreciate them at first but now I do.  Boromir's and Theoden's speeches are incredible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I know I'm late to the game, but I finally watched Endgame.

Short story; don't like large crowd reactions, totally ruins the experience for me. I can imagine all the "wooooing" and clapping at every character entrance to the point where you can't hear the dialogue. (I assume when Rogers wielded Mjolnir, everyone clapped so hard they missed Thor saying "I knew it" right after. Just pisses me of, quite frankly

But wow, what a movie. That was peak MCU right there. I'm worried they will never get to that point of anticipation/hype/interest ever again. 

I can understand that.  I like being in a packed theater sharing a communal experience, up to a point.  But there's a line where it becomes too much.  Infinity War was the most fun I've had in a theater watching a movie.  But I saw it twice, the first was a morning showing on a weekday and I had the second showing 2 weeks later, so I suspect the audience responses were probably more muted.  I dont do opening weekend craziness if I can help it.

But I had to see Endgame in IMAX.  I'll spring for a premium theater to not sit amongst the unwashed masses.  lol  They tend to be an older, more reserved, well behaved crowd.  But they still popped for all the big spots.  I think Cap wielding Mjolnir got the biggest one.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey two questions. 

1. I watched captain marvel today (really liked it), but based on the fact that I've always learned of her as the mutant who hated / couldn't deal with her powers and Mystique tricks Rogue into taking her powers, was there a new comic or series that this new Captain Marvel is based off? I like how they tied in the Cree but found it interesting, if not incomplete. 

2. Also have been reading about (mainly Wikipedia articles and tvtropes) House of M (or is it House of Mutants) where Wanda Maximoff destroys the mutant gene or something. I was wondering if there's a book (like novel/non comic) that's a good telling of this story. I'd ask the save thing about the Phoenix stuff but I've found some good fan fiction there. 

On 9/13/2019 at 8:42 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

You'll never recapture the emotion of that first viewing.  But one of the benefits of re-watching is finding new layers of depth in the story.  I've rewatched the LoTR movies a hundred times, and I still find new things that fascinate and awe me.  So much goes into making these epic movies.

After watching the Boys, and Thor Ragnorak (again), I finally realized Karl Urban was in the LoTR movies.

7 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Hey two questions. 

1. I watched captain marvel today (really liked it), but based on the fact that I've always learned of her as the mutant who hated / couldn't deal with her powers and Mystique tricks Rogue into taking her powers, was there a new comic or series that this new Captain Marvel is based off? I like how they tied in the Cree but found it interesting, if not incomplete. 

Captain Marvel's not a mutant.

She's a Human-Kree hybrid.

I think you're confusing Marvel's backstory with Rogue's.

• 1 month later...

Currently watching Daredevil season 3 for the first time, about halfway through. My mind is blown. A+ story, directing, screen writing and acting. 

I will be shocked if Disney+ doesn't find a home for this gritty corner of the Marvel universe in the coming years. 

Edited by KevinthePRF
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, KevinthePRF said:

Currently watching Daredevil season 3 for the first time, about halfway through. My mind is blown. A+ story, directing, screen writing and acting. 

I will be shocked if Disney+ doesn't find a home for this gritty corner of the Marvel universe in the coming years. 

Chances are it could be a part of the MCU, but not with this ensemble, which sucks, considering I've been hearing about a Punisher movie in the works from Marvel, with Berenthal.

Htf can you find a home for his gump ass, and not DD? It makes me incredibly sad.

58 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Chances are it could be a part of the MCU, but not with this ensemble, which sucks, considering I've been hearing about a Punisher movie in the works from Marvel, with Berenthal.

Htf can you find a home for his gump ass, and not DD? It makes me incredibly sad.

they need to make that right immediately. Charlie Cox is Daredevil, Vincent D'Onofrio is Kingpin. I will not accept any other actors in those roles

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

they need to make that right immediately. Charlie Cox is Daredevil, Vincent D'Onofrio is Kingpin. I will not accept any other actors in those roles

And Finn Jones is the Immortal Iron Fist. Just watch the 1st season, he says it about 128 times an episode...Immortal Iron fist...something, something, defeating The Hand...something something something...

But yes, Charlie Cox was awesome as Daredevil. D'Onofrio was amazing as Kingpin--if they recast him for any reason in the MCU they are making a huge mistake. I also really liked Shane the Punisher. Jessica Jones was entertaining, however, I really did not like Luke Cage or Iron Fist.