BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

Recommended Posts

Saw Spider Man yesterday. Enjoyed it a lot, but was hoping to see more of a teaser into the Sinister Six.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Far From Home has its flaws, the Mysterio info dump probably being the worse, but there is so much I love about the film

 

not one of MCU's best, but its one of my favorites

 

the mid-credit scene sets things up nicely moving forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:o

 

I had no idea this was in production. Its like theyre listening to my thoughts. I wanted them to do this in particular. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Marvel about to get all my money, and I'm ok with this

 

 

no details, but they mentioned that Fantastic Four & X-Men are in development

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

 

 

 

It still needs to be rated R, Disney have the balls to do that???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marvel went HAM today.  I wonder what's left for D23.

 

Not enthused about Natalie Portman as female Thor, but whatever.  Figured they were gonna do it, but her character just does nothing for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thor Love and Thunder sounds great and that logo is a thing of beauty. With Waititi writing and directing, Portman will be in good hands.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahershala Ali as Blade? Sign me the **** up right now. Those were my favorite movies as a Kid and he is my favorite actor right now. I’m so hype 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these Marvel announcements are terrible. Just terrible. I mean "Thor: Love and Thunder"? What, Chris Hemsworth as a NASCAR driver? 

The only one that has me mildly interested is the Silver Surfer movie, but that is still ways off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Mournblade said:

All these Marvel announcements are terrible. Just terrible. I mean "Thor: Love and Thunder"? What, Chris Hemsworth as a NASCAR driver? 

 

Actually, I never realized how much I want a Days of Thunder remake with Thor as Cruise’s character. It’s his post-thanos post-Asgard existential crisis trying to find thrills etc 

 

Sign me up. Pitch this to marvel 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The MCU hasn't had a real clunker, but they're bound to have one sooner or later. Will one of these be it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Actually, I never realized how much I want a Days of Thunder remake with Thor as Cruise’s character. It’s his post-thanos post-Asgard existential crisis trying to find thrills etc 

 

Sign me up. Pitch this to marvel 

 

Product placement opportunities. Maybe Stanley can be his sponsor?  Both a hammer and a Stan Lee reference. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The MCU hasn't had a real clunker, but they're bound to have one sooner or later. Will one of these be it?

 

The first couple of Thors and iron man 3 are probably my least favorite so far. I think it really helps that while Marvel has to set an overarching plot structure for their world, they still give directors some freedom to present the movie in a unique way. The clunkers have to happen at some point based solely on the odds, but they're built to withstand a few at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

 

The first couple of Thors and iron man 3 are probably my least favorite so far. I think it really helps that while Marvel has to set an overarching plot structure for their world, they still give directors some freedom to present the movie in a unique way. The clunkers have to happen at some point based solely on the odds, but they're built to withstand a few at this point

 

it's been a string of hits since they ousted Ike Perlmutter and turned everything over to Kevin Feige.  Feige is a genius IMO, and he did a great job changing the Marvel Studios culture to a more upbeat and artistic and creative one.  He's quite good at picking directors and working with them and creating the space for them to bring their voice and talent to the table.  It feels like the toxicity is gone and the filmmakers are genuinely happy to be working there, and I think that makes a big difference in the work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

The MCU hasn't had a real clunker, but they're bound to have one sooner or later. Will one of these be it?

 

My fear are these Disney+ shows might produce one.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

 

My fear are these Disney+ shows might produce one.  

 

WandaVision sounds kinda dumb. The others could be cool: Loki especially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justice98 said:

 

My fear are these Disney+ shows might produce one.  

 

My fear is they might start turning away their broader audience by combining the movies and the shows on Disney + into the same universe.  I lot of people who enjoy the movies didn't watch Agent's of Shield, Daredevil, Peggy Carter etc.  I know some of those shows referenced the movies, but the movies stayed clear of the TV shows so it didn't matter.  Now that Feige has control of the TV shows that's going to change.  I think people will feel like they have to keep up with all these shows to understand what's being built up to in the movies and will walk away because they don't have time for all that.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, drowland said:

 

My fear is they might start turning away their broader audience by combining the movies and the shows on Disney + into the same universe.  I lot of people who enjoy the movies didn't watch Agent's of Shield, Daredevil, Peggy Carter etc.  I know some of those shows referenced the movies, but the movies stayed clear of the TV shows so it didn't matter.  Now that Feige has control of the TV shows that's going to change.  I think people will feel like they have to keep up with all these shows to understand what's being built up to in the movies and will walk away because they don't have time for all that.  

 

 

If I had to guess, I would guess the shows will keep the connections to a minimum.  Like, people will know they exist in the same universe, but nothing significant will occur that the movies have to really account for. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

good because the day i have to watch 30 hours of daredevil and 20 hours of jessica jones to know what's going on in the next avengers movie is the day i check out 

 

Need to put that threat on a postcard and send it to Mickey Mouse himself, too real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.