Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 4/28/2019 at 4:35 PM, StillUnknown said:

its truly remarkable

not only are they commercial successes, but critically as well. There needs to be classes on this

I'm very interested to see what comes next.

It's the greatest film franchise and the greatest achievement in cinematic history.  Nothing even really comes close to the scope and difficulty of what they pulled off.  Not even LOTR.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 10:38 AM, The Evil Genius said:
  Hide contents

fat Thor is the Thor I never realized the Marvel movie universe needed. Also...understand the ending but hate that basically CA sold out. He went against everything he stood for...and erased his love's kids and grandkids from the present in doing so (according to the time travel rules of the movie). Edit...and he abandons Bucky (allows him to be tortured by the Russians, allows Hydra to infiltrate Shield, etc..), things he knows all about so that  he can live peacefully and happily with Peggy in 1945.

Spoiler

Where in the canon does it say Peggy had kids?  It's also not clear which year he returns to her in is it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Where in the canon does it say Peggy had kids?  It's also not clear which year he returns to her in is it?

It was mentioned in Winter Soldier (through a documentary about her at the Smithsonian that CA watches) that she had a son and daughter. CA allegedly saved the soldier in WWII who would later become her husband.

We also find out that Sharon is Peggy's great niece.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

It was mentioned in Winter Soldier (through a documentary about her at the Smithsonian that CA watches) that she had a son and daughter. CA allegedly saved the soldier in WWII who would later become her husband.

We also find out that Sharon is Peggy's great niece.

I think Sharon is descended from Peggy's brother Michael.  Agent Carter ended without her being in a relationship, but it did hint that a future romance arc between her and Sousa was in the plans if the show had been renewed.  But a Smithsonian exhibit feels like pretty weak canon since it could have been wrong and it wasn't a full biography.  We also don't know when Steve found her.  Steve could have simply jumped to a point after she got divorced.

And quite frankly, if Captain America comes back from the future and wants his woman back, you give her back.

What if her mysterious, unnamed husband has been future Cap all along? Cap saved himself during the War. He knows present him is stuck in the ice -- no one is looking for him. By the time all the events occur when he is discovered, future cap has aged. I can't remember if this would fit with their scenes.

After saving the Universe he deserves to be a bit selfish, even if it is in an alternate timeline -- and he jumps back to the main timeline.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 7:38 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Nothing like people getting triggered over girl power. 😁

How about all the other times in every movie it's just the male characters protecting the women and children?

As for the movie..

Reveal hidden contents

fat Thor is the Thor I never realized the Marvel movie universe needed. Also...understand the ending but hate that basically CA sold out. He went against everything he stood for...and erased his love's kids and grandkids from the present in doing so (according to the time travel rules of the movie). Edit...and he abandons Bucky (allows him to be tortured by the Russians, allows Hydra to infiltrate Shield, etc..), things he knows all about so that  he can live peacefully and happily with Peggy in 1945.

Spoiler

Re Cap - Whose to say that he wasn't her husband all along and that she just kept quite when she met the younger version in the 21st century (Obviously he would have explained the circumstances to her.

28 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Now that alternate timelines/realities are invented, there's really no sense in trying to explain anything.  Every answer can just be "it's an alternate reality".

That's why I hate time travel as a storytelling device. Its lazy and creates messy plot holes.

With that said, I thought Endgame pulled it off as well as you could hope.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:23 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

I liked the show but really didn't like Season 2's storyline; which I think led to lower ratings.

The second season wasn't as good as the first, but the show had some nice eye candy to look at. Maybe the show will get a second life on Disney+. 

9 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I just want dr. Doom in the mcu

Same. It's the only  logical step, imo. Tom Holland is certainly capable of being that dude going forward (wasn't Spider-Man one of the leaders of the Avengers at one point?).

Thi s one seems damn good, but I always thought Mysterio was a jaded, failed showman/magician, not a interstellar time travelling alien. I guess I can accept this

Edited by Mr. Sinister

On 5/1/2019 at 11:34 AM, justice98 said:

Now that alternate timelines/realities are invented, there's really no sense in trying to explain anything.  Every answer can just be "it's an alternate reality".

I don't like premise for new spidey movie with Mysterio because of it

Just saw it.   While I'd say it was pretty darn good, I can't get past the time travel paradox wrt Thanos being killed in the future.  The thing was, there was extensive discussion between Antman and War Machine amongst others, about the "rules" of time travel.  And then the film proceed totally violate all those rules anyway.   

Lazy, because they could have sent Thanos along with anyone else who needed to go "back into the past" so that the present was at least consistent. 

On 4/30/2019 at 7:36 PM, LLandryistheshiz said:

4EF2489B-106E-4E70-8546-0FAABB4927CA.jpeg

Ironically Robert Downey Jr. could have easily played Ironman in the 90s, as well.  Along with SLJ playing Nick Fury.

I'd also throw Val Kilmer in there somewhere

• Like 1

Alternate realities are the entire point of the Comics at this point as far as im concerned. Im so glad they found a way to do this in the MCU. Honestly would have been disappointed had they not. 

Now all my favorite, obscure and ridiculous comics are possible. Lets go Zombie avengers 🤯

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

So I've seen Zoe Saldana as a blue Avatar, a green Zen-Whoberis, and in her natural state and I have to say they all work well.😉

Shes fine in all colors. On this im sure the world can agree. 

• Like 2