Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

its truly remarkable

not only are they commercial successes, but critically as well. There needs to be classes on this

I'm very interested to see what comes next.

To me what they do so well is just overall production value. Everything just LOOKS really good. Compare that with DC where its all super dark and edgy, it literally hurts my eyes to watch. Marvel movies are just really aesthetically pleasing.

It’s also a perfect balance of staying true to the source material while making changes that can help appeal to non comic book readers. They grounded it just enough while keeping the characters who they are and the comic booky ness of it all. 

And its perfectly cast. They couldn’t have dreamed of a better group to bank on than they way Downey, Evans, Hemsworth etc panned out. Even the new cast like Black Panther and Spiderman have been home runs. 

And of course, it doesn’t hurt to have an actual cohesive plan and vision mapped out ahead of time for what you want 

• Like 2

So I have a queation

Spoiler

When I learned there would be time travel in this movie I figured Cap’s end would be returning to Peggy in 40s which I thought was proper.

Now with the time travel rules they laid out (which are still a little confusing) would the Cap from that period still be frozen in ice?  I assume when future Cap showed up they’d end the search for him in the artic.  But if they decided to bring Cap back in future films could they just go get his frozen body and start the fish out water thing all over again.  

Or I guess they have a time machine now and could just go get him.  The time travel rules are still messing with me, lol.

4 hours ago, drowland said:

So I have a queation

Hide contents

When I learned there would be time travel in this movie I figured Cap’s end would be returning to Peggy in 40s which I thought was proper.

Now with the time travel rules they laid out (which are still a little confusing) would the Cap from that period still be frozen in ice?  I assume when future Cap showed up they’d end the search for him in the artic.  But if they decided to bring Cap back in future films could they just go get his frozen body and start the fish out water thing all over again.  

Or I guess they have a time machine now and could just go get him.  The time travel rules are still messing with me, lol.

Way overthinking it. Just be entertained cause none of it would otherwise make sense. Like how could Thanos had snapped his fingers if 2014 Thanos when forward in time and was killed. There is no Thanos now 

Saw it, loved it, rewatched it. 👍 👍

Two things:

Giving Thor the Big Lebowski treatment was genius lol...they even basically put him in a bathrobe when he traveled back in time and saw his mom

How old was Scott's daughter supposed to be? I thought only 5 years passed but she looked like she went from 9 years old to being a sophomore in college lol

So the more I think about this movie the more it starts to slide down my list of Marvel movies.

Completely predictable.  While it has its moments of greatness, there is nothing that leaves you mindblown like Thanos snapping his fingers, or entering Wakanda, or Thor and Hulk teaming up, or the peppy craziness of the first Guardians movie, or Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit to escape from a terrorist encampment.

I don’t think Endgame is in my top 5 at all.

They built everything up to this and that’s what we got, a movie that wrapped everything up in a nice, neat package, just as you’d like.  With nary a speed bump in the way.

Was it predictable how Thanos discovered the plot to get the stones? I don’t read the comics so I didn't know what was coming. 

There was definitely some totally unnecessary stuff like Captain Marvel needing help and all the women characters showed up. Captain Marvel had it by herself. She could have destroyed that entire army. 

Having said that, it’s tough to top Ironman or individual movies when more time can be dedicated to a couple of characters in those movies. 

Edited by Hersh

I thought the absolute hellstorm of missiles was an incredible scene, didn't exactly see that coming. Usually they don't go the obvious 'blow it all up' route in scenarios like that, even though it's the obvious thing to do. (The fact that nobody died, though, was predictable)

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The whole "we got this" #girlpower scene was so cringey. One of the few bad parts in what was an otherwise epic film.

All dudes say this, but my wife and every other girl I saw in the theater loved that moment... I think it's just something that we can't relate to. It's made for a wide audience, and a 10 second scene like that can have a massive effect on the perception of the marvel universe in the minds of casual fans like my wife and others. 

• Like 4

Nothing like people getting triggered over girl power. 😁

How about all the other times in every movie it's just the male characters protecting the women and children?

As for the movie..

fat Thor is the Thor I never realized the Marvel movie universe needed. Also...understand the ending but hate that basically CA sold out. He went against everything he stood for...and erased his love's kids and grandkids from the present in doing so (according to the time travel rules of the movie). Edit...and he abandons Bucky (allows him to be tortured by the Russians, allows Hydra to infiltrate Shield, etc..), things he knows all about so that  he can live peacefully and happily with Peggy in 1945.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

I thought the absolute hellstorm of missiles was an incredible scene, didn't exactly see that coming. Usually they don't go the obvious 'blow it all up' route in scenarios like that, even though it's the obvious thing to do. (The fact that nobody died, though, was predictable)

All dudes say this, but my wife and every other girl I saw in the theater loved that moment... I think it's just something that we can't relate to. It's made for a wide audience, and a 10 second scene like that can have a massive effect on the perception of the marvel universe in the minds of casual fans like my wife and others. 

They werent even injured that bad.  lol

But yeah, the only people that seem to have an issue with the girl power scene are men, for the most part.  That was kinda predictable.  I didnt mind it though, I thought it was kinda cool, personally.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2

Nothing really notable to add (saw it Thursday), but I highly enjoyed it overall. Like some have mentioned, it certainly was awesome, but I wasn't necessarily blown away by anything in particular. After thinking about it more, I'm OK with that. It's a marvelous conclusion (sort of) to this epic journey we've been on for 11 years now. Bravo!

The women power moment would have been better to me if they weren’t lining up to protect Captain Marvel as if she needed it. That was my only issue with that. All of them gathering was otherwise awesome 

Edited by Hersh

47 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The women power moment would have been better to me if they weren’t lining up to protect Captain Marvel as if she needed it. That was my only issue with that. All of them gathering was otherwise awesome 

Seriously lol... when Peter said what he said to her, I thought "Did you NOT see what she just did there a minute ago????"

• Like 1

It's pretty clear they're going to do an all women team up movie at some point.  Tessa Thompson said in an interview after Ragnrok that they approached Feige about it.  There's a lot in this movie I think has deeper meaning other then just an easter egg.  People think the earthquake under the ocean that Widow was asking Okoye about early in the movie is going to have something to do with Namor.