Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Stuff I didn't like much:

Reveal hidden contents

Cap using Moljnir is fun, but I don't really like it. There's too much people able to use the hammer that only Thor should. And btw, drunk Thor is fun, but it's really not in character as well. Didn't like what they did out of him much. Thor deserves better, especially the 'fat' part.

No Stan Lee in it. That's sad. I know he died prior to it, but I'm pretty sure they could have found a way. Would have been cool to see him when they're all coming back.

Spoiler

Stan Lee was in it. He was the "young" Stan Lee driving in the car when Cap and Tony ported back to the 70's. I'm forgetting his line but it was funny

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

This is close to the ending GoT should aspire to be.

1000% this. I’ve never seen a conclusion stick the landing as perfectly as this one did and it was a monumental feat wrapping up 22 movies and 20+ characters while giving each time to shine and a satisfying end to their current role in this arc. This will go down as the gold standard for movie trilogies and the fact they did it with something as vast as the MCU is truly astounding. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What mistake?

I want the car Cap was driving in this movie. good grief that was sexy 

Spoiler

When Ant-man was in the van they also showed him at 65 feet for a split second. I'm open to seeing it wrong but I don't think I did

18 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Movie you only have to see once, I dont mean that in a bad way.

True but at same time it’s very re-watchable and makes you want to go back and re-watch prior MCU movies.  

Bravo to the Russo Brothers and the screenwriters on this film.  How they wove it all together in a cohesive way is pretty incrediable.  

• Like 3

I actually think 

Spoiler

Thor’s reaction of “I knew it!” to Cap wielding Mjolnir implies that Cap always could lift it. The scene in Ultron when Cap budges it is him actually realizing that he could lift it but he’s such a good humble guy he chooses not to do it 

I never liked Cap but this movie changed my mind. He was awesome in this. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I actually think 

Reveal hidden contents

Thor’s reaction of “I knew it!” to Cap wielding Mjolnir implies that Cap always could lift it. The scene in Ultron when Cap budges it is him actually realizing that he could lift it but he’s such a good humble guy he chooses not to do it 

I never liked Cap but this movie changed my mind. He was awesome in this. 

Spoiler

Disagree. I think he was close to being fully worthy but wasn’t quite there. Fits the arc of his story with civil war then redemption from that and being completely worthy. Still, it’s one of those things I need to see again in endgame. Will be fun to watch this on DVD so I can go to specific parts. 

We really need an all inclusive post movie or show release spoiler thread. Cause this is getting annoying 😁

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Hide contents

Disagree. I think he was close to being fully worthy but wasn’t quite there. Fits the arc of his story with civil war then redemption from that and being completely worthy. Still, it’s one of those things I need to see again in endgame. Will be fun to watch this on DVD so I can go to specific parts. 

We really need an all inclusive post movie or show release spoiler thread. Cause this is getting annoying 😁

I figure after opening weekend, everything is fair game. after that, personal responsibility not to enter the thread should take over lol

If you liked any of the characters, go watch this movie. 10x better than expected or met my expectations.

Had to watch it with loud little fanboy kid next to me... my son does not know how to contain his excitement... elbows are sore... suppose part of the movie going experience.

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

Hide contents

Yeah true. I can see it both ways 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

To be honest, I liked Part 1 slightly better.  Engame was the perfect ending to a 10 year tale.  I was actually a little bored the first hour. Yes, they have to show what happened to the survivors of the Thanos Snap but still was a little boring.  Once things started to pick up, the movie got much better,

Spoiler

It was natural to see Toney Stark make the ulitmate sacrafice. He started the whole series, so it was fitting, he would die at the end.  Glad to see Cap, live out a life with Peggy. Loved Thanos meeting his ultimate demise, but getting snapped by Toney.  That scene were everyone came back to help them fight, was great.  

Spoiler

Only surprising thing was Black Widow dying.  IS there even point for her movie, evenb though we know her ulimate fate?

I'll give Endgame an A- .     Will it beat Avatar, to becomes top grossing movie?  Stay tuned.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

I'm really glad people are enjoying this one so much. I was cooler on Infinity War than most, but Endgame was so satisfying that I immediately wanted to watch them both back to back in one 5.5 hour sitting. Everything involving Thanos in that first hour blew my mind. 

• Like 2

Ok, the good things about this movie have already been said.  I thought it was really great.  It brought together an arc of some 20 movies and wrapped it all up with a bow.

My good:

Spoiler

I was amazed by how well they could get everything together into a cohesive plot revolving around pretty much everyone.  I grinned ear to ear during the final fight see when everyone who has ever been in a Marvel movie showed up.  That was the cherry on top.  This was the house that Downey Jr built and I was teary eyed,  not because his character died, but that his run in Avengers was ending.  Also, fat drunk Thor was great.

My not so good:

Spoiler

The movie was predictable.  While I get that they had to show the desperation brought on by the snap, I felt that the first hour dragged a bit.  Thanos was weaksauce in this movie and kept getting the short end of the stick.  I was hoping to be shocked by something that happened.  Black Widow or whatever she was dying was a shock, but I didn’t really care for her character anyhow.  They wrapped this movie up too tight.  While I was left speechless after Infinity War, I just left after this.  I was satisfied but was hoping to be mind blown like after the last one.  The girl power scene at the end was lame as ****.  Hawkeye was kinda silly, just meh.  Captain Marvel is too powerful and kinda bland, never saw her stand-alone movie but I bet that was a big bag of OK.

Edited by Springfield

Spoiler

They completely disgraced captain America at the end. Go back in time and abandons his duties for a women? Sits there and lets the world unravel to evil while he chases love?  Literally everything captain America stood for was pissed on. Plus you erase falcon to make another captain America?  It was so unnatural especially with Loki right there of it had to be done. Better off killing Captain America though

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/avengers-endgame-that-last-captain-america-scene-makes-no-sense-peggy/amp/

7 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:
  Hide contents

They completely disgraced captain America at the end. Go back in time and abandons his duties for a women? Sits there and lets the world unravel to evil while he chases love?  Literally everything captain America stood for was pissed on. Plus you erase falcon to make another captain America?  It was so unnatural especially with Loki right there of it had to be done. Better off killing Captain America though

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/avengers-endgame-that-last-captain-america-scene-makes-no-sense-peggy/amp/

Spoiler

I mean Cap did do his job in putting all the Infinity stones back, I suppose.

I do think that the social justice was rather ham fisted into this one.  Between the girl power scene and the new POC Cap, it’s obvious what Marvel wants to do.

The new Avengers will be younger, darker and more female.  I have absolutely no problem with that at all, IF it works.  If it’s amateur hour then I think it’ll be lame.  Time will tell and I’ll remain optimistic.

Spoiler

I hope this works. But Cap going to past and getting married should alter the future and ****. So that in itself should of changed a lot of **** like the whole hydra stuff etc. 

However, since Bruce bought everyone back who died 5 years ago. Shouldn’t everyone who didn’t die be 5 years older. Like at peters high school, some of those kids shouldn’t be there anymore but it’s a movie so whatever. 

Saw it last night. 

Spoiler

So I had a great time watching it, first thing I thought it was a little drawn out to start. I was ready for **** to go down. I didn’t like the fat Thor, it was funny at first but then got old. I liked the Thor from Infinity war that comes into Wakanda, that was super badass. I was kinda upset there was no other battles than the big one at the end, I was hoping for more “single fights” like infinity war had but I guess they couldn’t really do that I guess. The final battle was just a couple punches from him, her then on to another avenger. I also really wanted to see Hulk go full beast mode on Thanos and I never really liked Captain America that much until this movie, he was awesome.  Overall I think they did a good job, especially with only a year after the last movie. Infinity war just left me so stunned I guess that’s why I just had more fun seeing IW over this one. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I hope this works. But Cap going to past and getting married should alter the future and ****. So that in itself should of changed a lot of **** like the whole hydra stuff etc. 

However, since Bruce bought everyone back who died 5 years ago. Shouldn’t everyone who didn’t die be 5 years older. Like at peters high school, some of those kids shouldn’t be there anymore but it’s a movie so whatever. 

They explained in the movie it doesn’t work like Back to the Future rules. It’s not going to change the future because that past just becomes the past for your future self. All the events still happen the same. 

The Ancient One said that taking the stones could split their reality but when Hulk said they’d return them to the exact same moments in time, the reality would stay the same. 

As for Parker, I just assume his friend was also snapped and they were reuniting. They probably will need to explain that in the far from home movie.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

Hide contents

I mean Cap did do his job in putting all the Infinity stones back, I suppose.

I do think that the social justice was rather ham fisted into this one.  Between the girl power scene and the new POC Cap, it’s obvious what Marvel wants to do.

The new Avengers will be younger, darker and more female.  I have absolutely no problem with that at all, IF it works.  If it’s amateur hour then I think it’ll be lame.  Time will tell and I’ll remain optimistic.

Spoiler

Sam becomes Captain America for a while in the comics, so they didnt pull that out of thin air just to make a point.

I actually thought the Russo brother being gay was more purposeful than anything.

Edited by justice98