• Blog Entries

    • By Destino in ES Coverage
         1
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

      Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   
       
      My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  
       
      Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  
       
      Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 
       
      The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  
       
      The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 
       
      1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.
       
      Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  
       
      Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?
       
      2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

      Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

      The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 
       
      3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 
       
      I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

      4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 
       
      Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 
       
      TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 
       
      The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 
       
      End of Game.
       
      Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:
       
      1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.

       
       
       
       
       
       
       

       
       

       
       
       
       
       
BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It was incredible. A love letter to the franchise and characters and a perfect swan song for this 22 movie universe. 

 

There were surprises, laughs, tears and wow moments. It was everything one could hope for. 

 

It went in some expected ways and has several twists that make even the predictable parts fun and refreshing. It was a blast. 

 

It has imo the single best moment of any marvel movie. Actually I think it has two of them. Just absolute badass

 

i can’t praise it enough. I would never want to be responsible for wrapping this story up but it is an absolute grand slam 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Spoiler

“I am iron man” was how the first Marvel movie ended and the official start to the universe. What a perfect bookend. I got chills from that. 

 

In addition to Cap wielding Mjolnir and all the snapped hero’s arriving on the field at the end with Avengers Assemble...easily the 3 best moments of any Marvel movie. 

 

Honestly the only two things that bothered me were: 

 

Spoiler

What happened to 2014 Gammorah? Did she go back to her time or was she snapped as part off Thanos crew? It’s never explained.

 

 Thanos was crazy overpowered at the end. The hero’s somewhat held their own on Titan with Thanos having 4 infinity stones already and now he was taking on Cap with hammer Iron Man and Thor with Stormbreaker  3 v 1 with no stones and still whipping their asses. I didn’t get that but oh well. The final battle is just jaw dropping and everything it could possible be. Every hero gets shine and it has all 3 of those perfect moments above. 

 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Yeah I’d love to but the Lynchburg VA Regal isn’t quite up to modern luxuries like that. . 

 

Theater not in fandango? Damn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be watching it now -- but for Son of Fergasun having important stuff tomorrow. I could have profited $20 selling my tickets, but sold at face value to friends and refunded to theater a couple hours before showtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What stood out to me most was how vastly improved the acting was over Infinity War. Evans and ScarJo were waaaaaaay better here after sleepwalking through Infinity War. Ruffalo and RDJ put in some of their best work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:
  Hide contents

“I am iron man” was how the first Marvel movie ended and the official start to the universe. What a perfect bookend. I got chills from that. 

 

In addition to Cap wielding Mjolnir and all the snapped hero’s arriving on the field at the end with Avengers Assemble...easily the 3 best moments of any Marvel movie. 

 

Honestly the only two things that bothered me were: 

 

  Hide contents

What happened to 2014 Gammorah? Did she go back to her time or was she snapped as part off Thanos crew? It’s never explained.

 

 Thanos was crazy overpowered at the end. The hero’s somewhat held their own on Titan with Thanos having 4 infinity stones already and now he was taking on Cap with hammer Iron Man and Thor with Stormbreaker  3 v 1 with no stones and still whipping their asses. I didn’t get that but oh well. The final battle is just jaw dropping and everything it could possible be. Every hero gets shine and it has all 3 of those perfect moments above. 

 

Spoiler

Honestly, it just makes me want to see Guardians that much more...

 

 

I try not to succumb to the pressure of being a prisoner of the moment... I really hate calling things a classic prematurely... But I was at the Hoffman Center at 2:15 in the morning watching a movie and it was EASILY worth it.

 

They took what they did in Infinity War and took it to a higher level. It was a three hour movie and everything flowed perfectly from start to finish.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its the kind of movie that really needs to be seen in a packed theatre

 

That kind of environment enhances the greatness of this film

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

What stood out to me most was how vastly improved the acting was over Infinity War. Evans and ScarJo were waaaaaaay better here after sleepwalking through Infinity War. Ruffalo and RDJ put in some of their best work. 

 

Agreed, the cast fluctuated comedy and drama with ease on this one. A couple of Renner's line were forced, but nothing distracting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It was incredible. A love letter to the franchise and characters and a perfect swan song for this 22 movie universe. 

 

There were surprises, laughs, tears and wow moments. It was everything one could hope for. 

 

It went in some expected ways and has several twists that make even the predictable parts fun and refreshing. It was a blast. 

 

It has imo the single best moment of any marvel movie. Actually I think it has two of them. Just absolute badass

 

i can’t praise it enough. I would never want to be responsible for wrapping this story up but it is an absolute grand slam 

 

Finally I can discuss it without spoiling everyone :)

Spoiler

I really loved the fact that they managed to bring almost everyone in the movie, from Robert Redford to Rene Russo, Jon Favreau, Hayley Atwell, and everyone else.

It was really, really a freaking pleasure to see them all be part of the movie. Some kind of way to say thank you all.

 

That was joyful.

 

The other moment that got me excited was when peter parker got hits while carrying the glove and all of a sudden you see every woman heroes stepping in front of him like "don't touch my kid asshole!". Really great. And Tom Holland is another genius in this moment.

 

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:
  Hide contents

“I am iron man” was how the first Marvel movie ended and the official start to the universe. What a perfect bookend. I got chills from that. 

 

In addition to Cap wielding Mjolnir and all the snapped hero’s arriving on the field at the end with Avengers Assemble...easily the 3 best moments of any Marvel movie. 

 

Honestly the only two things that bothered me were: 

 

  Hide contents

What happened to 2014 Gammorah? Did she go back to her time or was she snapped as part off Thanos crew? It’s never explained.

 

 Thanos was crazy overpowered at the end. The hero’s somewhat held their own on Titan with Thanos having 4 infinity stones already and now he was taking on Cap with hammer Iron Man and Thor with Stormbreaker  3 v 1 with no stones and still whipping their asses. I didn’t get that but oh well. The final battle is just jaw dropping and everything it could possible be. Every hero gets shine and it has all 3 of those perfect moments above. 

 

 

I do have some small theories about it:

Spoiler

2014 Gamorrah is completly dead, as Dr. Hulk said, he tried to get Natasha back, but couldn't. So she's not coming back from the second snap.

 

Still, I'm wondering, since Cap supposedly bring back the sould gem to Vormyr, the rule is still one soul for one soul no? Maybe he got the opportunity to get her back at this moment. Plus the meeting with Red Skull must be priceless.

 

Stuff I didn't like much:

Spoiler

Cap using Moljnir is fun, but I don't really like it. There's too much people able to use the hammer that only Thor should. And btw, drunk Thor is fun, but it's really not in character as well. Didn't like what they did out of him much. Thor deserves better, especially the 'fat' part.

 

No Stan Lee in it. That's sad. I know he died prior to it, but I'm pretty sure they could have found a way. Would have been cool to see him when they're all coming back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently some show (GMA?) is interviewing Jerremy Renner this weekend.  Just saw a commercial for it.  

 

Q:  What happens, at the end.  

 

A:  The end credits.  

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I really loved the fact that they managed to bring almost everyone in the movie, from Robert Redford to Rene Russo, Jon Favreau, Hayley Atwell, and everyone else.

It was really, really a freaking pleasure to see them all be part of the movie. Some kind of way to say thank you all.

 

That was joyful.

 

The other moment that got me excited was when peter parker got hits while carrying the glove and all of a sudden you see every woman heroes stepping in front of him like "don't touch my kid asshole!". Really great. And Tom Holland is another genius in this moment.

 

 

 

Stuff I didn't like much:

  Reveal hidden contents

Cap using Moljnir is fun, but I don't really like it. There's too much people able to use the hammer that only Thor should. And btw, drunk Thor is fun, but it's really not in character as well. Didn't like what they did out of him much. Thor deserves better, especially the 'fat' part.

 

No Stan Lee in it. That's sad. I know he died prior to it, but I'm pretty sure they could have found a way. Would have been cool to see him when they're all coming back.

 

 

Spoiler

Stan Lee had a cameo, when tony and cap traveled back in time

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Google "Thanos" and click on the infinity gauntlet.

And you can do it twice :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Outstanding movie. I am still defragging and digesting from last night. Just massive emotional beats and moments we've all been waiting for. The audience went bonkers at you-know-what and it was glorious. Expertly handled characters. And that last scene...going into the credits...simply cinematic, narrative, and character GOLD.

Edited by Metalhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

 

Finally I can discuss it without spoiling everyone :)

  Hide contents

I really loved the fact that they managed to bring almost everyone in the movie, from Robert Redford to Rene Russo, Jon Favreau, Hayley Atwell, and everyone else.

It was really, really a freaking pleasure to see them all be part of the movie. Some kind of way to say thank you all.

 

That was joyful.

 

The other moment that got me excited was when peter parker got hits while carrying the glove and all of a sudden you see every woman heroes stepping in front of him like "don't touch my kid asshole!". Really great. And Tom Holland is another genius in this moment.

 

 

I do have some small theories about it:

  Hide contents

2014 Gamorrah is completly dead, as Dr. Hulk said, he tried to get Natasha back, but couldn't. So she's not coming back from the second snap.

 

Still, I'm wondering, since Cap supposedly bring back the sould gem to Vormyr, the rule is still one soul for one soul no? Maybe he got the opportunity to get her back at this moment. Plus the meeting with Red Skull must be priceless.

 

Stuff I didn't like much:

  Hide contents

Cap using Moljnir is fun, but I don't really like it. There's too much people able to use the hammer that only Thor should. And btw, drunk Thor is fun, but it's really not in character as well. Didn't like what they did out of him much. Thor deserves better, especially the 'fat' part.

 

No Stan Lee in it. That's sad. I know he died prior to it, but I'm pretty sure they could have found a way. Would have been cool to see him when they're all coming back.

 

 

Spoiler

I think you missed it, he was there. I'm not going to tell you which scene (Unless you want me too), but when you watch it again, you're going to go, "Oh!" lol

 

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Then I missed it damn!

I didn't see StillUnknown's reply... But yes. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

 

Finally I can discuss it without spoiling everyone :)

  Hide contents

I really loved the fact that they managed to bring almost everyone in the movie, from Robert Redford to Rene Russo, Jon Favreau, Hayley Atwell, and everyone else.

It was really, really a freaking pleasure to see them all be part of the movie. Some kind of way to say thank you all.

 

That was joyful.

 

The other moment that got me excited was when peter parker got hits while carrying the glove and all of a sudden you see every woman heroes stepping in front of him like "don't touch my kid asshole!". Really great. And Tom Holland is another genius in this moment.

 

 

I do have some small theories about it:

  Reveal hidden contents

2014 Gamorrah is completly dead, as Dr. Hulk said, he tried to get Natasha back, but couldn't. So she's not coming back from the second snap.

 

Still, I'm wondering, since Cap supposedly bring back the sould gem to Vormyr, the rule is still one soul for one soul no? Maybe he got the opportunity to get her back at this moment. Plus the meeting with Red Skull must be priceless.

 

Stuff I didn't like much:

  Reveal hidden contents

Cap using Moljnir is fun, but I don't really like it. There's too much people able to use the hammer that only Thor should. And btw, drunk Thor is fun, but it's really not in character as well. Didn't like what they did out of him much. Thor deserves better, especially the 'fat' part.

 

No Stan Lee in it. That's sad. I know he died prior to it, but I'm pretty sure they could have found a way. Would have been cool to see him when they're all coming back.

 

 

Spoiler

Well only like 3 people have ever used Mjolnir in the comics and Cap was one of them. Apparently during battle his warrior spirit made him worthy in the comics. I thought it was an incredible moment and fit the moment and character. Plus I like thinking that he was finally worthy since he wasn’t hiding the guilt of Tony’s parents death while also making this sacrificial stand to bring back billions of people in the universe. It was his time 

 

I also loved fat Thor. I thought it fit his character. He’s lost everything. He showed that in Infinity War he was pretty much broken. Then he has a chance to defeat Thanos and doesn’t kill him, he failed and cost billions, tens of billions of not more lives across the galaxy. The movie did a good job showing he blamed himself for it. He lost himself. 

 

Stan Lee is the guy in the guy when they go back to the 70s that screams out the window about love or peace lol. 

 

Spoiler

Also, I understand why 2014 Gamorah didn’t come back if she was snapped, it just never showed her being snapped. The last we saw of her she was looking at Star Lord kinda grossed out that he was her future boyfriend and then she’s gone. I think she was likely snapped since Stark probably snapped thanos and everyone he brought with him which would have included her. 

 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Its the kind of movie that really needs to be seen in a packed theatre

 

That kind of environment enhances the greatness of this film

 

Yeah, definitely agree. It’s just an experience being there with others all seeing it for the first time.  People standing up screaming and cheering at parts. So much fun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Yeah, definitely agree. It’s just an experience being there with others all seeing it for the first time.  People standing up screaming and cheering at parts. So much fun 

 

I disagree. The theater I was in just now wasn’t crowded at all so I could have watery eyes and no one would notice.

 

Movie was truly epic. My only complaint for now is the music right after the opening scene when they show the Marvel Comics sign didn’t fit at all. Was really odd. One other thing, I swear Ant-man was in two places at once (not intentional) but I’d have to see it again to confirm. 

 

This is close to the ending GoT should aspire to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Aside from my one musical complaint, the music for this movie is fantastic.

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I can confirm the ant-man mistake at the end. I laughed at it. 

 

I was like wait, did I just see that?? 

 

Oh, I generally agree with your criticisms of the movie. 

Edited by Hersh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lookee here, Nerds!  2019 Hyundai Kona Stark Industries Edition hit the showroom this week.  PM me and I’ll make ya a great deal!

 

750e3359-5610-415b-a9b5-c49911043619-jpe

5e3ec0e8-8c52-4bf9-9e5e-292c6e9730d1-jpe

94bfae71-f712-4ecb-b863-525ac5f2b0c9-jpe

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.