Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It was incredible. A love letter to the franchise and characters and a perfect swan song for this 22 movie universe. 

There were surprises, laughs, tears and wow moments. It was everything one could hope for. 

It went in some expected ways and has several twists that make even the predictable parts fun and refreshing. It was a blast. 

It has imo the single best moment of any marvel movie. Actually I think it has two of them. Just absolute badass

i can’t praise it enough. I would never want to be responsible for wrapping this story up but it is an absolute grand slam 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3

Spoiler

“I am iron man” was how the first Marvel movie ended and the official start to the universe. What a perfect bookend. I got chills from that. 

In addition to Cap wielding Mjolnir and all the snapped hero’s arriving on the field at the end with Avengers Assemble...easily the 3 best moments of any Marvel movie. 

Honestly the only two things that bothered me were: 

Spoiler

What happened to 2014 Gammorah? Did she go back to her time or was she snapped as part off Thanos crew? It’s never explained.

Thanos was crazy overpowered at the end. The hero’s somewhat held their own on Titan with Thanos having 4 infinity stones already and now he was taking on Cap with hammer Iron Man and Thor with Stormbreaker  3 v 1 with no stones and still whipping their asses. I didn’t get that but oh well. The final battle is just jaw dropping and everything it could possible be. Every hero gets shine and it has all 3 of those perfect moments above. 

What stood out to me most was how vastly improved the acting was over Infinity War. Evans and ScarJo were waaaaaaay better here after sleepwalking through Infinity War. Ruffalo and RDJ put in some of their best work. 

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:
  Hide contents

“I am iron man” was how the first Marvel movie ended and the official start to the universe. What a perfect bookend. I got chills from that. 

In addition to Cap wielding Mjolnir and all the snapped hero’s arriving on the field at the end with Avengers Assemble...easily the 3 best moments of any Marvel movie. 

Hide contents

What happened to 2014 Gammorah? Did she go back to her time or was she snapped as part off Thanos crew? It’s never explained.

Thanos was crazy overpowered at the end. The hero’s somewhat held their own on Titan with Thanos having 4 infinity stones already and now he was taking on Cap with hammer Iron Man and Thor with Stormbreaker  3 v 1 with no stones and still whipping their asses. I didn’t get that but oh well. The final battle is just jaw dropping and everything it could possible be. Every hero gets shine and it has all 3 of those perfect moments above. 

Spoiler

Honestly, it just makes me want to see Guardians that much more...

I try not to succumb to the pressure of being a prisoner of the moment... I really hate calling things a classic prematurely... But I was at the Hoffman Center at 2:15 in the morning watching a movie and it was EASILY worth it.

They took what they did in Infinity War and took it to a higher level. It was a three hour movie and everything flowed perfectly from start to finish.

• Like 3

Its the kind of movie that really needs to be seen in a packed theatre

That kind of environment enhances the greatness of this film

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

What stood out to me most was how vastly improved the acting was over Infinity War. Evans and ScarJo were waaaaaaay better here after sleepwalking through Infinity War. Ruffalo and RDJ put in some of their best work. 

Agreed, the cast fluctuated comedy and drama with ease on this one. A couple of Renner's line were forced, but nothing distracting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It was incredible. A love letter to the franchise and characters and a perfect swan song for this 22 movie universe. 

There were surprises, laughs, tears and wow moments. It was everything one could hope for. 

It went in some expected ways and has several twists that make even the predictable parts fun and refreshing. It was a blast. 

It has imo the single best moment of any marvel movie. Actually I think it has two of them. Just absolute badass

i can’t praise it enough. I would never want to be responsible for wrapping this story up but it is an absolute grand slam 

Finally I can discuss it without spoiling everyone :)

Spoiler

I really loved the fact that they managed to bring almost everyone in the movie, from Robert Redford to Rene Russo, Jon Favreau, Hayley Atwell, and everyone else.

It was really, really a freaking pleasure to see them all be part of the movie. Some kind of way to say thank you all.

That was joyful.

The other moment that got me excited was when peter parker got hits while carrying the glove and all of a sudden you see every woman heroes stepping in front of him like "don't touch my kid asshole!". Really great. And Tom Holland is another genius in this moment.

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

I do have some small theories about it:

Spoiler

2014 Gamorrah is completly dead, as Dr. Hulk said, he tried to get Natasha back, but couldn't. So she's not coming back from the second snap.

Still, I'm wondering, since Cap supposedly bring back the sould gem to Vormyr, the rule is still one soul for one soul no? Maybe he got the opportunity to get her back at this moment. Plus the meeting with Red Skull must be priceless.

Stuff I didn't like much:

Spoiler

Cap using Moljnir is fun, but I don't really like it. There's too much people able to use the hammer that only Thor should. And btw, drunk Thor is fun, but it's really not in character as well. Didn't like what they did out of him much. Thor deserves better, especially the 'fat' part.

No Stan Lee in it. That's sad. I know he died prior to it, but I'm pretty sure they could have found a way. Would have been cool to see him when they're all coming back.

7 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Reveal hidden contents

I really loved the fact that they managed to bring almost everyone in the movie, from Robert Redford to Rene Russo, Jon Favreau, Hayley Atwell, and everyone else.

It was really, really a freaking pleasure to see them all be part of the movie. Some kind of way to say thank you all.

That was joyful.

The other moment that got me excited was when peter parker got hits while carrying the glove and all of a sudden you see every woman heroes stepping in front of him like "don't touch my kid asshole!". Really great. And Tom Holland is another genius in this moment.

Reveal hidden contents

Cap using Moljnir is fun, but I don't really like it. There's too much people able to use the hammer that only Thor should. And btw, drunk Thor is fun, but it's really not in character as well. Didn't like what they did out of him much. Thor deserves better, especially the 'fat' part.

No Stan Lee in it. That's sad. I know he died prior to it, but I'm pretty sure they could have found a way. Would have been cool to see him when they're all coming back.

Spoiler

Stan Lee had a cameo, when tony and cap traveled back in time

• Like 2

Outstanding movie. I am still defragging and digesting from last night. Just massive emotional beats and moments we've all been waiting for. The audience went bonkers at you-know-what and it was glorious. Expertly handled characters. And that last scene...going into the credits...simply cinematic, narrative, and character GOLD.

Edited by Metalhead

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Hide contents

That was joyful.

Hide contents

2014 Gamorrah is completly dead, as Dr. Hulk said, he tried to get Natasha back, but couldn't. So she's not coming back from the second snap.

Still, I'm wondering, since Cap supposedly bring back the sould gem to Vormyr, the rule is still one soul for one soul no? Maybe he got the opportunity to get her back at this moment. Plus the meeting with Red Skull must be priceless.

Hide contents

Spoiler

I think you missed it, he was there. I'm not going to tell you which scene (Unless you want me too), but when you watch it again, you're going to go, "Oh!" lol

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Then I missed it damn!

I didn't see StillUnknown's reply... But yes. :(

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Hide contents

That was joyful.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Well only like 3 people have ever used Mjolnir in the comics and Cap was one of them. Apparently during battle his warrior spirit made him worthy in the comics. I thought it was an incredible moment and fit the moment and character. Plus I like thinking that he was finally worthy since he wasn’t hiding the guilt of Tony’s parents death while also making this sacrificial stand to bring back billions of people in the universe. It was his time 

I also loved fat Thor. I thought it fit his character. He’s lost everything. He showed that in Infinity War he was pretty much broken. Then he has a chance to defeat Thanos and doesn’t kill him, he failed and cost billions, tens of billions of not more lives across the galaxy. The movie did a good job showing he blamed himself for it. He lost himself. 

Stan Lee is the guy in the guy when they go back to the 70s that screams out the window about love or peace lol. 

Spoiler

Also, I understand why 2014 Gamorah didn’t come back if she was snapped, it just never showed her being snapped. The last we saw of her she was looking at Star Lord kinda grossed out that he was her future boyfriend and then she’s gone. I think she was likely snapped since Stark probably snapped thanos and everyone he brought with him which would have included her. 

4 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Its the kind of movie that really needs to be seen in a packed theatre

That kind of environment enhances the greatness of this film

Yeah, definitely agree. It’s just an experience being there with others all seeing it for the first time.  People standing up screaming and cheering at parts. So much fun 

27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah, definitely agree. It’s just an experience being there with others all seeing it for the first time.  People standing up screaming and cheering at parts. So much fun 

I disagree. The theater I was in just now wasn’t crowded at all so I could have watery eyes and no one would notice.

Movie was truly epic. My only complaint for now is the music right after the opening scene when they show the Marvel Comics sign didn’t fit at all. Was really odd. One other thing, I swear Ant-man was in two places at once (not intentional) but I’d have to see it again to confirm. 

This is close to the ending GoT should aspire to be.

• Like 1

Aside from my one musical complaint, the music for this movie is fantastic.

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I can confirm the ant-man mistake at the end. I laughed at it. 

I was like wait, did I just see that?? 

Oh, I generally agree with your criticisms of the movie. 

Edited by Hersh