BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

So I was asked, "Why do I have to see the movie immediately? Why can't you see it a week later or another time? Why do you HAVE to see it opening weekend?" Well, some jerk just messaged me on Reddit and told me what happens in the end of the movie. Without me asking at all. He is just messaging random people who post on /r/marvelstudios and just sending this SPOILER. 

 

It's people like this who make me go to theater showings at 6 PM tomorrow just to be some of the first to watch it in the US just so people don't FREAKING SPOIL OTHERS

 

WHAT A CLOWN MOVE 

 

Reading Reddit is like sticking your head in a gas station toilet.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not able to go under Friday night or Saturday morning at the earliest, so I'm totally screwed as far as spoilers go. My hardcore MCU fan wife is going 2 AM Friday morning. 

 

Thing is, I pretty much know what's going to happen anyways. They don't drag this on for 11 years to kill everyone and let Thanos win. I'm sure one or two Avengers will permanently die (almost certainly Cap, possibly Iron Man) and it will be bittersweet, but in general things will work out. 

Edited by Bacon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bacon said:

They don't drag this on for 11 years to kill everyone and let Thanos win

Well, everyone knows that.

Hollywood rarely let evil wins in the end besides a few specific movies. But that does not happen in Disney's world.

 

That part is given. And the plot of the movie is not here. Scenario is quite simple in all of it and things are well driven. And even if you see them coming, it's still great to see because it's really, really great acting.

 

Big thumbs up to Jeremy Renner, guy is just awesome. Hawkeye/Ronin is not a main character, but I still thinks he steals the show each time he's on.

 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I'm sure one or two Avengers will permanently die (almost certainly Cap, possibly Iron Man) and it will be bittersweet, but in general things will work out.

I went into the movie with a short list of characters of 3/4 I expected to die. Both Cap and Iron Man were on the short list, though I rated both them as highly doubtful. And I'll leave it at that to not spoil the movie, because it's freaking worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bacon said:

I'm not able to go under Friday night or Saturday morning at the earliest, so I'm totally screwed as far as spoilers go. My hardcore MCU fan wife is going 2 AM Friday morning. 

 

Thing is, I pretty much know what's going to happen anyways. They don't drag this on for 11 years to kill everyone and let Thanos win. I'm sure one or two Avengers will permanently die (almost certainly Cap, possibly Iron Man) and it will be bittersweet, but in general things will work out. 

 

Really?  You don't think they'll just kill off 3/4 of everybody, and turn the MCU into a zombie apocalypse movie, from here on out?  

 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bacon said:

I'm not able to go under Friday night or Saturday morning at the earliest, so I'm totally screwed as far as spoilers go. My hardcore MCU fan wife is going 2 AM Friday morning. 

 

Thing is, I pretty much know what's going to happen anyways. They don't drag this on for 11 years to kill everyone and let Thanos win. I'm sure one or two Avengers will permanently die (almost certainly Cap, possibly Iron Man) and it will be bittersweet, but in general things will work out. 

 

That's basically every finale.  Nobody went into Return of the Jedi thinking "I think Darth Vader might take this one". lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother and I are seeing it tonight at 7. I haven't done a thursday night showing since F&F7....tonight's crowd is going to be bonkers. I'm expecting to miss a lot of spoken lines lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drove to the theater today and they were selling stuff early before the 6 pm airtime. Avengers funko, avengers beanie babies, Avengers, the movie! 

 

Got a T shirt for 15 dollars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I drove to the theater today and they were selling stuff early before the 6 pm airtime. Avengers funko, avengers beanie babies, Avengers, the movie! 

 

Got a T shirt for 15 dollars. 

 

Any Avengers lunch boxes or placemats?  (Movie reference.)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Leaving work early to go stand in line. Showing is at 6. cant wait. Opening night crowds are the best 

 

Over here the seating is reserved and they have great recliners. Gonna go eat dinner near the theater then go on in around 5 or 5:30. With the reserved seating you can show up anytime now. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

 

Over here the seating is reserved and they have great recliners. Gonna go eat dinner near the theater then go on in around 5 or 5:30. With the reserved seating you can show up anytime now. :)

 

Im grabbing lunch now but I won’t be eating or drinking anything else until I leave the theater. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my ticket for a matinee tomorrow at the fancy seat and craft beer theater. Adulting is cool sometimes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Leaving work early to go stand in line. Showing is at 6. cant wait. Opening night crowds are the best 

**** all that. I got reserved seating like a week ago. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, justice98 said:

 

That's basically every finale.  Nobody went into Return of the Jedi thinking "I think Darth Vader might take this one". lol

 

Exactly, most finales are pretty predictable lol

 

What I don't want to hear about before I see it are all the running jokes. People ran Goose into the ground before I could see Captain Marvel. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

**** all that. I got reserved seating like a week ago. 

 

Yeah I’d love to but the Lynchburg VA Regal isn’t quite up to modern luxuries like that. 

10 minutes ago, Bacon said:

People ran Goose into the ground before I could see Captain Marvel. 

 

Goose is adorable and hilarious and you watch your god damn mouth. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Yeah I’d love to but the Lynchburg VA Regal isn’t quite up to modern luxuries like that. 

 

Goose is adorable and hilarious and you watch your god damn mouth. 

do you mean to tell me yall do not have recliners there

 

watching movies without recliners is not worth it! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bacon said:

 

Exactly, most finales are pretty predictable lol

 

What I don't want to hear about before I see it are all the running jokes. People ran Goose into the ground before I could see Captain Marvel. 

 

Most are, but look at LOTR Return of the King.  Everyone knew Frodo was going to complete his journey and destroy the ring in Mt Doom.  However Peter Jackson was able to make it exciting, emotional, inspiring and even though you knew how it would end the stakes felt high.  That's why it's considered one of the best if not the best finale film.  I'm hoping Endgame can do the same.   

Edited by drowland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Yeah I’d love to but the Lynchburg VA Regal isn’t quite up to modern luxuries like that. 

 

Goose is adorable and hilarious and you watch your god damn mouth. 

 

Goose rules but I knew to look out for him the whole movie and that's lame. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

saw bootleg endgame last night

 

did not expect the shazam cameo

 

heck of a crossover

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so we had a rather raucous theater that cheered and laughed a lot. Good to hear.

Spoiler
This movie wrapped everything up in a neat little package. Very, very well done. I would recommend everyone just see this movie as soon as possible. There was not really very much to complain about.

And the bathroom? NOT AN ISSUE. You don't even notice any bodily functions throughout the movie. You are just sitting there watching what's going on. You don't have any urges. You don't have a sense of time or "how much longer is this gonna go, I'm so bored" because from the start, the movie just tells a wonderful story from start to finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.