Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Okay, maybe I need a reminder, but why is Netflix jumping ship on marvel again?

Disney starting up it's own streaming service probably cemented it.

The fact is times have changed on the digital landscape and Marvel shows on Netflix are costly to make, even with New York’s generous tax credits, which had an extra clause added to accommodate the series. When the initial deal with Marvel/Disney was made by Netflix five years ago, the company, desperate to gain big draw content, laid out big bucks for the series – which it never owned. Now the situation is very different, which Netflix awash in new series and returning series that it holds the keys too.

I think the mind blowing stuff was for everything leading up to this point over the last decade. Most trilogies tend to end somberly and and in a sort of a reflective, searching manner, with one last gigantic battle/confrontation.

I think that was a great trailer. They want the audience to truly know how badly the Avengers were beaten, and that it may not even be resolved in the standard cheesy everyone saves the day kinda way. People will be changed forever.

I think it was brilliant. When it gets closer to popcorn and adrenaline season, I think you will see the action  trailers.

• Like 4

So open speculation and conjecture moment:

1. How do we guess Tony gets saved?  Presuming this is early in the movie.  Captain Marvel saves him, the leftover Asgardians (Korg, Valkyrie, etc) pick him up, something else?

My guess is Captain Marvel, because that would kill 2 birds with one stone.

2.  Kinda curious how Ronin is going to be all that useful in this.  My guess is, he gets his moment early, then becomes typical Hawkeye window dressing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, justice98 said:

So open speculation and conjecture moment:

1. How do we guess Tony gets saved?  Presuming this is early in the movie.  Captain Marvel saves him, the leftover Asgardians (Korg, Valkyrie, etc) pick him up, something else?

My guess is Captain Marvel, because that would kill 2 birds with one stone.

2.  Kinda curious how Ronin is going to be all that useful in this.  My guess is, he gets his moment early, then becomes typical Hawkeye window dressing.

1. It will end up being Rescue. It's already been leaked Paltrow was in front of a green screen and fitted for her iron suit. Plus..what you see flying across the sky is not the same thing Stark is floating around in. He's floating in the Guardians ship. I think that's Rescue.

2. We will find out about Ronin in Capt. Marvel I'm sure.

• Like 1

Does Ant Man and the Wasp have any tie in to Endgame? I might have to see that movie.  

I never saw Thor Ragnarok so when IW started and Thor and Loki and Hulk were all in that ship and Thanos was on it I was like "What" 

Edited by ixcuincle

10 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Does Ant Man and the Wasp have any tie in to Endgame? I might have to see that movie.  

I never saw Thor Ragnarok so when IW started and Thor and Loki and Hulk were all in that ship and Thanos was on it I was like "What" 

It kinda does.  It kind of introduces elements that are said to play a big part of Endgame.  

And it explains where Ant Man has been when Endgame comes on.  So that scene at the end makes sense after you've seen Ant-Man and the Wasp.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Trailer didn't show much. I'm guessing the movie is still in post production. Next few trailers will show more I'm sure.

I still dont think they'll show too much.  All those dusted people probably wont be in the marketing.  So they've got to be clever in crafting trailers only showing the surviving people.  The limited scenes have more to do with not revealing anything, IMO.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

1. It will end up being Rescue. It's already been leaked Paltrow was in front of a green screen and fitted for her iron suit. Plus..what you see flying across the sky is not the same thing Stark is floating around in. He's floating in the Guardians ship. I think that's Rescue. 

Really?  That's going to be cool.  I'm looking forward to seeing that.  Good emotional resolution to their story arc too.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I think the fact that Ronin is introduced means his wife and kids got dusted.

None of the other Avengers except for Scott Lang have a family with kids.  Hawkeye is the every man perspective of the Avengers, and his loss will add the emotional weight necessary to make the agony of the results of the snap real.  That's not nothing.

One other thing I notice in the trailer is that the decayed A in the Avengers logo gets put back together as "Avengers Endgame" materializes over top of it.  I don't think they're trying to hide that this move is going to be about humpty-dumptying the universe and bringing everybody back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Really?  That's going to be cool.  I'm looking forward to seeing that.  Good emotional resolution to their story arc too.

It could all be a smokescreen. But my bet is the last thing Pepper is trying to say to Stark is she's getting the suit, and that in fact we see Rescue going to get him.

it makes sense that she would play a bigger role this film.

How many skrulls are they going to retcon into the MCU in order to undo bad choices they made?

Make Mandarin a friggin joke?  JK he was a Skrull!

Just now, Xameil said:

It could all be a smokescreen. But my bet is the last thing Pepper is trying to say to Stark is she's getting the suit, and that in fact we see Rescue going to get him.

it makes sense that she would play a bigger role this film.

Kind of wondering where Nebula is in this story line.  She was with Tony on Titan post-snap.

15 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

How many skrulls are they going to retcon into the MCU in order to undo bad choices they made?

Make Mandarin a friggin joke?  JK he was a Skrull!

Kind of wondering where Nebula is in this story line.  She was with Tony on Titan post-snap.

I found that curious as well