Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

11 hours ago, Destino said:

Hell no.  He shot Linda just to save some time, and then tried to unleash a global genocide.  He deserved worse than he got.  Black Panther should have pushed him off the rail and let him die in the dark. 

Black Panther too nice...

Image result for i never freeze

Still a boss, but its true.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Season 3 of Daredevil drops tomorrow, its sitting around 95% on rotten tomatoes

i need something good after I forced myself to finish Iron Fist

With Kingpin and Bullsye I can't see how it will go wrong.

I still have 1/2 JJS2 and IFS2 to watch first. ?

Edited by The Evil Genius

Luke Cage the show made a lot of ****ing terrible choices to end the second season and deserved to be canceled.  The character ran it's course as a solo vehicle and the show rapidly and incomprehensibly jumped the shark.  It was always skating on thin ice with it's many, many contrivances.  It was propped up by the strength of some of it's compelling villains and support characters, and Mike Colter's easy likability.  Deciding that Luke Cage should dump Claire Temple and become the villain for... reasons... was just god awful.  Alfre Woodard's entire character arc was ****ing absurd.  She's very talented but that **** just didn't work.

Iron Fist was awful starting with episode one and desperately needed to be canceled and taken out of Scott Buck's incompetent hands.

At this point, it only really makes sense to tell their stories as a Heroes for Hire buddy cop show.  That's the only way you can make them compelling and likable again.  Too many horrible choices have been made and their canon is all kinds of ****ed up.  Netflix just needs to reset them and turn them into a procedural.

A Knight-Wing Daughters of the Dragons show is the logical companion and foil for a Heroes for Hire show.  It'd be fun and fresh and compulsively watchable.

I don't really have strong thoughts and opinions on continuing Daredevil and Punisher yet.  They've been good enough to let play out as originally intended.

I don't really have an interest in a Jessica Jones & Hellcat tandem show.  I really like Krysten Ritter and Jessica Jones but Hellcat is just the ****ing worst.  Don't care about or enjoy watching Malcolm or Jerry Hogarth either.  That's a flawed show with a compelling star and an awful supporting cast.

Just finished Daredevil Season 3.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bcb65657167654b2e

Spoiler

Though I kept expecting Bullseye to kill off Karen since he didn't get to kill off Elektra in Season 2.

Oh & a FU to FOX for them not allowing the word adamantium to be used. 

LOVED the nod to Gladiator in that fight scene.

Speaking of fight scenes, the prison hallway fight was awesome.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Luke Cage the show made a lot of ****ing terrible choices to end the second season and deserved to be canceled.  The character ran it's course as a solo vehicle and the show rapidly and incomprehensibly jumped the shark.  It was always skating on thin ice with it's many, many contrivances.  It was propped up by the strength of some of it's compelling villains and support characters, and Mike Colter's easy likability.  Deciding that Luke Cage should dump Claire Temple and become the villain for... reasons... was just god awful.  Alfre Woodard's entire character arc was ****ing absurd.  She's very talented but that **** just didn't work.

Iron Fist was awful starting with episode one and desperately needed to be canceled and taken out of Scott Buck's incompetent hands.

At this point, it only really makes sense to tell their stories as a Heroes for Hire buddy cop show.  That's the only way you can make them compelling and likable again.  Too many horrible choices have been made and their canon is all kinds of ****ed up.  Netflix just needs to reset them and turn them into a procedural.

A Knight-Wing Daughters of the Dragons show is the logical companion and foil for a Heroes for Hire show.  It'd be fun and fresh and compulsively watchable.

I don't really have strong thoughts and opinions on continuing Daredevil and Punisher yet.  They've been good enough to let play out as originally intended.

I don't really have an interest in a Jessica Jones & Hellcat tandem show.  I really like Krysten Ritter and Jessica Jones but Hellcat is just the ****ing worst.  Don't care about or enjoy watching Malcolm or Jerry Hogarth either.  That's a flawed show with a compelling star and an awful supporting cast.

Luke Cage was a heck of lot more compelling than Iron Fist. I was yawning at the actor who played Danny Rand for the entire 2 seasons. The only reason I watched season two at all was because I'm a Marvel comic devotee. Anyway, I wouldn't lump Cage in with Fist. LC was much better.

Jessica Jones Season One was (IMO) the far and away best season of all the Netflix Marvel shows... and JJ Season Two was the far and away worst. They just blew a great thing all to crap. That mother-daughter storyline stunk up my whole house.

Punisher was better as a storyline on Daredevil but his own show was solid.

The Defenders did not live up to it's collective cast. Maybe my hopes were too high. Maybe they focused on Iron Fist too much.

Started DD Season Three last night. This show has been the most consistently good so far so I'm expecting to enjoy. Kingpin is incredible to watch.

Edited by Chachie

41 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Superhero fatigue has officially begun...

You may have a point. People came out in droves for Avengers 3 and they'll be back for Avengers 4 because they feel they have to complete the run but it will be interesting to see if the mainstream public carries on with Captain Marvel and the next phase. I know I will, as will the other faithful comic geeks but we may see a steep drop in the interest of the general public.

• Like 1

I think people shouldnt assume quality or viewership was the reason Luie Cage got cancelled.  From everything I've read, Marvel and Netflix just couldnt come to a deal, which implies Netflix was interested in bringing it back.  Had nothing to do with people liking or not liking the show, or the relative quality of season 2 specifically.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 3

All the Marvel shows will be eventually cancelled from Netflix.  Eventually, you will see a subset of Disney's streaming service and have a Marvel streaming service. It will structured so you can't have one but have to get both.  Marvel Streaming will be for Marvel of course but the stuff, they can't show on Disney.

u- watch and see if I end up being right on this.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 8:58 PM, Renegade7 said:

That's not how I judge movies nor the average person's opinion on what post-Avengers 4 will look like. 

But suggesting fatigue has set in, when all evidence available is to the contrary.  The last 5 movies were GOTG 2, Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War, and Ant Man and the Wasp.  All five were enormous hits, and generally well received entries, so where is this fatigue you speak of?  

The idea fatigue "may" set in, in the future, is a different point than what you were making.  You were saying it's here now.

And that's the movie side, the TV side is really a separate animal.  We don't know what the relative popularity of the Netflix shows are because Netflix doesnt release that data.  It's not like TV where you can just check the ratings numbers yourself.  Cant assume that just because Iron Fist and Luke Cage got canceled, that it's due to superhero fatigue.  

10 hours ago, justice98 said:

But suggesting fatigue has set in, when all evidence available is to the contrary.  The last 5 movies were GOTG 2, Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War, and Ant Man and the Wasp.  All five were enormous hits, and generally well received entries, so where is this fatigue you speak of?  

The idea fatigue "may" set in, in the future, is a different point than what you were making.  You were saying it's here now.

And that's the movie side, the TV side is really a separate animal.  We don't know what the relative popularity of the Netflix shows are because Netflix doesnt release that data.  It's not like TV where you can just check the ratings numbers yourself.  Cant assume that just because Iron Fist and Luke Cage got canceled, that it's due to superhero fatigue.  

You talk to people about this or you just look at the surface of it from a money standpoint?  Post Avengers 4 feels like uncharted territory to a lot fans in know, what we had has built up that, what's the build up after that to?

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=marvelcomics.htm

Check out the highest grossing Marvel movies.  Infinity war and Black Panther aren't shocking, but outside that only one movie in the top 10 has been made in the last two years.  Will they make money, sure, but will they be making as much as they did leading up to this point? I don't think so.

Man.  I can't stress enough just how good season 3 is.  It's the finest season of television that Netflix's Marvel people have made.  This is gripping and inspired work.  Compelling characters and story lines everywhere.  Fantastic and tense action scenes that are beautifully shot.  I don't even really know where to begin to start in breaking down how good this is.  Every actor kills it.  Every choice the writers made was excellent.  Amazing pace of story telling.  Wow.  I love it.

There's no Marvel fatigue from me.  If they keep making work like this, I will always watch.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

You talk to people about this or you just look at the surface of it from a money standpoint?  Post Avengers 4 feels like uncharted territory to a lot fans in know, what we had has built up that, what's the build up after that to?

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=marvelcomics.htm

Check out the highest grossing Marvel movies.  Infinity war and Black Panther aren't shocking, but outside that only one movie in the top 10 has been made in the last two years.  Will they make money, sure, but will they be making as much as they did leading up to this point? I don't think so.

Uncharted territory and fatigue arent the same thing.  The people I know are excited to see where things are going.  I dont know anybody that's just "after Avengers 4, it's all over, I'm tired of it, I'm out. Not interested in any new stories." Yeah, I dont know those people, in real life or online.

And it's not totally uncharted.  You're still gonna get BP, you're still gonna get another GOTG, another Spiderman, whatever Captain Marvel's gonna do in the 2 movies next year.

Not to mention all the characters from the Fox deal which we havent even mentioned.  That's gonna be a whole new level of interest when they start getting incorporated in the MCU in a few years.

But you cant say "outside that" like they dont count.  lol  And the 2 year timeframe is rather arbitrary.  Because just out are Civil War and GOTG 2 by only a few months.  

Edited by justice98

@justice98 i never said people are peace out after Avengers 4, stop overthinking what I'm saying.  What the new climax?  The after credits scenes didn't take long to show it was Thanos, now what? 

We must just have different circles, but if guys like Evans are dropping out, at what point are we going to get away from the original avengers group?  Are we gonna keep making Avengers movies without them?

I don't want to see Disney blow their wade trying to keep up this torrent pace, individual movies is one thing, but what made MCCU what it was is clear vision of tying it all together.  

• Like 1