Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Doctor Strange was an ass at first but grew out of it after talking with The Ancient One. That was a good movie too. The end was great when he outsmarted Dormammu with his brain instead of his fists. 

Catching up on a lot of movies lately, saw GOTG 1/2, Doctor Strange, and Iron Man all within the last month on Netflix 

• Like 2

On 5/7/2018 at 6:32 PM, ixcuincle said:

Doctor Strange was an ass at first but grew out of it after talking with The Ancient One. That was a good movie too. The end was great when he outsmarted Dormammu with his brain instead of his fists. 

Catching up on a lot of movies lately, saw GOTG 1/2, Doctor Strange, and Iron Man all within the last month on Netflix 

Strange is my dawg

• Like 2

Black Panther is such a beautiful movie.  I think it's my favorite that Marvel Studios has made.  The production design and costuming and cinematography are gorgeous, but there is something more to it than that.  It's got this mythic ideal of original man to it that is just incredible.  It inspires the kind of awe in me that Africa itself inspires.  Coogler is absolutely brilliant in the way he was able to capture that.  And Chadwick Boseman has this extraordinary charisma and screen presence that stands out, even when he was among so many other great characters in Civil War and Infinity War.  He's his generation's Steve McQueen.

• Like 1

Deadpool 2 was badass. The night started out a little rough. Had tickets for the 7pm showing . No line at all. Walk in find the seats, credits boom. Deadpool 1 starts playing. It’s a ****storm nobody knows what’s going on. Employees are coming and going and having huddles together. Finally at 7:50 they stop the movie turn on the lights and tel everyone Deadpool 2 isn’t available in this auditorium. It seems they have had one copy of the movie. They would give refunds to everyone that wanted. There was a possibility that Deadpool 2 would be available around 9pm. Until then, anyone that wanted to chance could stay and watch Deadpool 1. They would provide an update at 9. 

So so we stayed to watch Deadpool 1. Fast forward to that movie ending at 10:15 after no update as promised and nobody knowing wtf was going on. Then we go right into the credits and right into Deadpool 2. But this actually just ended up being the original 10:30 showing they had scheduled except half the theater was still there from the 7pm showing. It was a cluster****. But we saw both movies and had snuck alcohol in so it was a fun time 

The movie was great. It’s hilarious. I was worried it wouldn’t be as fun and the novelty would wear off but it doesn’t. It’s more of the same and I mean that in the best way possible. Brolin and Reynolds are awesome together. There are few really unexpected parts one of which is hysterical and had me rolling. The jokes are just as funny this time around and the it’s action packed too. If you liked the first one I don’t how you could be disappointed with this one 

The post credits scene is unexpected and fantastic too. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

similar story to momma

anyway that was so good and I accidentally stumbled drunk into the showing before so I Saw the ending

people were coming out saying they thought it was "just okay"

then I saw the movie From The start and I disagree it was really good

DP2 was an enjoyable movie, but I liked the first DP better.  This one had bigger action sequences but the comedy didn’t land as well for me.  I thought the running gag of DP accusing Cable of being racist was the funnest thing. Brolin can pull off anything so obviously he was great as Cable.  Domino was excellent and the kid was pretty good too.  The chemistry between Wade and Vanessa was top notch as it was in the first movie.  It’s kind of surprising that out of all the super hero movies put out, DP is the best when it comes to the love interest.  

Can't we agree that both were good. Why does one have to be denigrated at all. They were both great movies, as someone who saw the original just a few days ago. This one was just as good as the first one and pretty funny too. Bit more serious but I liked the second half of the movie. 

Only complaint of course was me getting drunk before the movie so I had an urge during most of it but I couldn't leave the theater or else I'd miss something :rofl89:

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 2:08 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Black Panther is such a beautiful movie.  I think it's my favorite that Marvel Studios has made.  The production design and costuming and cinematography are gorgeous, but there is something more to it than that.  It's got this mythic ideal of original man to it that is just incredible.  It inspires the kind of awe in me that Africa itself inspires.  Coogler is absolutely brilliant in the way he was able to capture that.  And Chadwick Boseman has this extraordinary charisma and screen presence that stands out, even when he was among so many other great characters in Civil War and Infinity War.  He's his generation's Steve McQueen.

Wide sweeping landscape shots, beautiful vibrant colors.  He captured it very well but it's not a mystery as to how it works. 

For me, the most impressive thing about Coogler here is that it's his first crack at a big budget CGI movie that, in the wrong hands, could have gone awry.  He's never done anything like this before, Fruitvale Station, Creed are great films but don't rely on special effects.  He's able to create and capture very real characters in those movies and that can easily get lost in something like a comic book movie.  He will make a dud movie or two, every director does but the range that he's shown in the three films he's done so far is pretty amazing.  

Boseman is great, but for me the best part of Black Panther was the woman who plays one of his lieutenants (not Lupita, the other one. Haven't seen her in anything else, but she's awesome in BP and Infinity War).  

Anyway, saw DP2 tonight, loved it.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wide sweeping landscape shots, beautiful vibrant colors.  He captured it very well but it's not a mystery as to how it works. 

More than just the cinematography.  It was also the sounds, the costuming, the language, the energy.

• Like 1