Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 3 weeks later...

Not impressed with that casting decision but I'll let it play out

Same here. I'm not impressed with anything the kid has done so far. But Marvel has made few missteps so far, and after thinking Guardians would be horrible and end up sooo wrong...I'll trust their judgment.

Is it me or does the recent trailer for Ant Man look underwhelming? I really wanted to see the movie..but I'm starting to think it might be their first flop in awhile.

I'll definitely go see it but I think you might be right. Ant-Man just doesn't have the popularity that the other Avengers do. Then again, virtually nobody knew what the Guardians of the Galaxy was.

I will say the first Ant-Man trailer did not have me pumped for it, but the newest trailer attached to Avengers got me excited. The action looks great and they really used the mechanics of Ant-Man pretty well.

Hey guys, I've been collecting since 1975! I have the major 1st appearances of plenty of heroes and signed/graded books galore. I don't do much reading these days but I'll always collect the Silver/Bronze age gems. Only interest is trading and singing these days. Simply because Stan Lee is 92 and when he's gone.....no more signatures from him. Grab em while ya can.

Is it me or does the recent trailer for Ant Man look underwhelming? I really wanted to see the movie..but I'm starting to think it might be their first flop in awhile.

Yeah, it really didn't inspire me or anything.

And I suspect it gave away way too much of the basic plot, too.

• 4 weeks later...

Where/how do you trade. I actually have a pretty good silver age collection happily sitting in bags that have been ignored for decades. Every so often, I wonder if I should do something with them.

Me too silver age and Bronze Age 1st appearances are where it's at. I send my etuff to Desert Wind look them up. All the grading and multiple sigs add up to pay for, but you're totally increasing the value . I have about 30 signed including X-Mwn 94 and Giants sized 1, 1st Wolverine etc.....

• Like 2

http://www.eonline.com/news/669558/tom-holland-cast-as-marvel-s-next-spider-man

The new Spider-Man has officially been named!

Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures announced earlier this morning that after an exhaustive search, Tom Holland has been named to star as the beloved hero.

Holland's first film as Peter Parker and Spider-Man will land in theaters on July 28, 2017, and will be directed by Jon Watts.

Tom Holland.

um, initial glandular response based on imbd...ick.

He just doesn't turn you on, huh?

:)

I just hit IMDB, too. I'm seeing praise for the job he did, in The Impossible. (A film I never even heard of, let alone watched).

• Like 1

Are they picking up the story when Peter was 10? What is this?

I'm excited to see how he manages the day to day struggles of life in Junior High.

Maybe we can finally put some evidence toward that age old question of "what would happen if Kevin Arnold had superpowers"

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man