Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

@Xameil

Mrs. Fergasun agrees with you... there's a certain point in Marvel where she doesn't want to play 10 card monte with all the characters and locations.  

Son of Fergasun and I were speculating about the power broker and she's like, "who the hell are you talking about!".  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@Xameil

Mrs. Fergasun agrees with you... there's a certain point in Marvel where she doesn't want to play 10 card monte with all the characters and locations.  

Son of Fergasun and I were speculating about the power broker and she's like, "who the hell are you talking about!".  

It really doesn't have to do with that tho. 

I'm just not feeling the flow, the writing...

Wandavision was great in telling her story, and the progression for what's next.

For Falcon, I like the premise about people dealing with the snap...then the problems the blip caused with half the population coming back straining all the resources. I just think they lose the focus on those issues by focusing on a completely separate social issue that really has nothing to do with the story or problem at hand.

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

I just think they lose the focus on those issues by focusing on a completely separate social issue that really has nothing to do with the story or problem at hand.

it’s not an immediate avengers or security  type problem for the world but it is a massive problem for Sam so it’s important for his character arc and development.  it’s really the only time they can tell this story of a black man choosing to be captain America and exploring what that means for himself, for minorities, and for America. 

unfortunately, this is the MCU so just lightly touching on issues is enough for them rather than actually evaluating them and having something to say about it. 

still, it’s more than what we typically get in that regard so I’m enjoying it. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

it’s not an immediate avengers or security  type problem for the world but it is a massive problem for Sam so it’s important for his character arc and development.  it’s really the only time they can tell this story of a black man choosing to be captain America and exploring what that means for himself, for minorities, and for America. 

unfortunately, this is the MCU so just lightly touching on issues is enough for them rather than actually evaluating them and having something to say about it. 

still, it’s more than what we typically get in that regard so I’m enjoying it. 

To each their own....as I said it's good...I was just hoping for better.

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

My Korean Wife: See!  There's a Korean actor in Marvel!

Me (looking at Google):  It says here he's Chinese... but really Canadian.  

MKW:  No!  It's racist to assume all Asians are Chinese... 

Awkafina is half Korean though and she's playing Shang Chi's sidekick. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

On 4/20/2021 at 12:58 PM, Xameil said:

I know I am in the minority on this, but honestly I liked Wandavison more then Falcon and the Winter Soldier....

Don't get me wrong...its good, but not feeling it as much yet.

I liked Wandavision more.  They took risks with that show early on and they paid off.  

Falcon Winter wasn’t bad, but it contained fewer surprises.  Also I didn’t like Erin Kellyman’s villain.  They wanted to make her sympathetic and menacing and I don’t think they really achieved either.  Last two episodes of the show were great though.  

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, Xameil said:

I know I am in the minority on this, but honestly I liked Wandavison more then Falcon and the Winter Soldier....

Don't get me wrong...its good, but not feeling it as much yet.

Same here. Falcon/Winter Soldier picked up for me in episode 4, but overall I didn't find myself intrigued by the storylines nor really giving a **** who the Power Broker was. Not to mention all of the back and forth about who knew "Cap" (Steve) better, who Cap liked more, who was hurt more by his passing, etc, etc, between Sam and Bucky made me literally roll my eyes at one point. WandaVision's examination on grief and the power it holds over us was far more intriguing to me. Liked both, but WV was better in my eyes.

• Like 1

Just now, Califan007 said:

Same here. Falcon/Winter Soldier picked up for me in episode 4, but overall I didn't find myself intrigued by the storylines nor really giving a **** who the Power Broker was. Not to mention all of the back and forth about who knew "Cap" (Steve) better, who Cap liked more, who was hurt more by his passing, etc, etc, between Sam and Bucky made me literally roll my eyes at one point. WandaVision's examination on grief and the power it holds over us was far more intriguing to me. Liked both, but WV was better in my eyes.

I honestly had alot of eye rolls during Falcon and Winter Soldier.

I still haven't even watched the last 2.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I was hoping D'Onofrio was going to be the Power Broker.

Too early. Think when they filmed it, Marvel wasn't free to use him yet?

Those 4 actors will be back, either in other shows or New shows of their own.  It will have nothing to do with their Netflix shows. A reboot with those actors. Luke Cage and Iron Fist will be recast, if they return.

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I honestly had alot of eye rolls during Falcon and Winter Soldier.

I still haven't even watched the last 2.

The last 3 episodes made me like the show more...

Falcon/Winter Soldier was more Marvel-like than WV, but as Destino said above WV took more risks and they paid off well (except for the X-Men Quicksilver showing up lol...LOVED it when he did, was disappointed that it didn't turn into more, though). As for eyeroll moments, there was one for me in the finale...won't spoil anything but while it was, you know, "good" I felt like this would never, ever, ever happen even in a world with superheroes lol...it was too on-the-nose for me, a little too convenient and went on a little too long. If the purpose of Falcon/Winter Soldier was to set Sam up as a legit new Captain America, I think it succeeded pretty well, though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Too early. Think when they filmed it, Marvel wasn't free to use him yet?

Those 4 actors will be back, either in other shows or New shows of their own.  It will have nothing to do with their Netflix shows. A reboot with those actors. Luke Cage and Iron Fist will be recast, if they return.

They’ve had the rights long enough I believe. Especially because of the amount of reshoots they had to do. Take a look at Sharon Carter’s weight gain towards the end (she’s not big by any means but it’s just to say that they filmed at two different times).

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Falcon/Winter Soldier was more Marvel-like than WV, but as Destino said above WV took more risks and they paid off well (except for the X-Men Quicksilver showing up lol...LOVED it when he did, was disappointed that it didn't turn into more, though). As for eyeroll moments, there was one for me in the finale...won't spoil anything but while it was, you know, "good" I felt like this would never, ever, ever happen even in a world with superheroes lol...it was too on-the-nose for me, a little too convenient and went on a little too long. If the purpose of Falcon/Winter Soldier was to set Sam up as a legit new Captain America, I think it succeeded pretty well, though.

I thought they nailed most of the stuff in the show. The biggest miss was the Flag Smashers which had their storyline torn apart due to Covid according to things ive heard. 

They talked about difficult issues and managed to pull it off well. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They’ve had the rights long enough I believe. Especially because of the amount of reshoots they had to do. Take a look at Sharon Carter’s weight gain towards the end (she’s not big by any means but it’s just to say that they filmed at two different times).

I thought they nailed most of the stuff in the show. The biggest miss was the Flag Smashers which had their storyline torn apart due to Covid according to things ive heard. 

They talked about difficult issues and managed to pull it off well. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

They brought up some intriguing topics but didn't do a thorough-enough job exploring them. What I liked about WV was that it really didn't introduce a bunch of topics and ideas beyond how traumatizing grief can be. Falcon/Winter Soldier had like seven different topics/ideas and most of them were given surface treatment. They needed more than six episodes to invest into them all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The quicksilver thing I found hilarious,  especially how they handled it and said it was a re-cast. I also think this was to start setting up X-Men. I believe this was the first time she was actually called Scarlet Witch (could be wrong here tho). So to me this supports that mutants will start being introduced in the next Doctor Strange since she'll be in that as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That's cool. Even the weaker of the Netflix Marvel shows were fun for me. ****, I even rolled with Iron Fist and the last Jessica Jones season. Bringing them in to the bigger picture is gravy. 

I’m kind of the same -  pretty forgiving overall.  Loved Punisher and Dare Devil.  I liked a lot about Jessica Jones (1st season a lot more), Iron Fist wasn’t good, but had some redeeming qualities.  Think it was especially difficult to pull off the personal growth, I did like his relaxed, zen attitude in the crossover episodes though.  Pretty cheesy though much of the time.  Luke Cage - man, I loved the neighborhood hero angle, how they represented the area and such, just didn’t get there overall, IMO.

Anywho, pretty excited they’re bringing the above group back (if true)