Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

59 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

My son was disappointed that Bucky didn't get the Shield -- after rewatching Winter Soldier and Civil War is is completly understandable, Falcon was right there the whole time and laid himself on the line for Cap.

To me the way it looks set up is Avengers based around Falcon Cap, Bucky, Ant-Man/Wasp/Pyms, Scarlet Witch plus Asguardians of the Galaxy with Thor plus Strange, plus Black Panther plus Captain Marvel plus Spiderman.

So much of this Phase was done around the conflict between Cap and Iron Man.... with multiple build-ups to it. I suppose they can replace Iron Man's brains with Wakanda's advancements.

Thinking of plots that were never fully closed -- Zimo is still alive, Hydra is still around and there may be a movie where they come back for Bucky -- the underground rumblings....

Rewatching some of the other movies, the villians all seemed to be mini Thanos'

There is also Shang-Chi and the upcoming Eternals movie.

Also there is the organization A.I.M. that was established in Iron Man 3. AIM and the unlocking of latent abilities can tie into the Eternals and Inhumans and possibly be tweaked to bring in the Fantastic Four and X-Men down the road.

Edited by Metalhead

I think Bucky should have gotten the shield. Falcon is lame. Regardless, Falcon needs the serum right? A regular dude carrying caps shield can pretty easily be defeated right? 

——

I think the multiple snaps makes sense to bring in the X-men, causing mutations several years down the road for many that came back. 

Also, the new Spider-Man has mysterio as some multi-verse traveling wizard so that could open the possibilities for characters from an altered Earth coming in. 

• Like 1

Disney needs to be careful to keep the next stage from getting out of control.  There's a million different directions to go, doesn't mean they should pick all of them.

I'd rather see what they do with x-men then more avengers right now.  That and maximum carnage.

Deadpool should stay separate imo. It just doesn’t fit into the mcu. 

They will have a 3-4 year stretch of movies without any X-men stuff. That will be where they rebuild the avengers cast with smaller personal stories. Spider-Man doing his thing. Black panther doing his in Wakanda etc. they shouldn’t be world ending threats. Get us to know these characters more and have that slow build again to the world ending stuff when they all have to work together. 

Id even pair up characters. Put Bucky back in Wakanda for BP2. Spider-Man FFH has Fury. Keep another character in the fold with the titular hero to play off and keep the universe going. 

Not as in to Shang Chi and the Eternals, they feel like C Listers compared to the X Men and FF.

But, I do trust Marvel Studios.  I think they are absolutely good enough to turn those characters and stories into A Listers.  Asia is the MCUs last great frontier.

I think the key to Marvel Studios' next ten year arc being as successful as it's first are the villains.  Some franchises, like Spiderman, have no shortage of great villains.  But some of Marvel's best villains have already been burned through: Loki, Ultron, Mandarin, Kingpin, Red Skull, etc.  And of course Thanos received a proper arc.

Annihilus and Dr Doom and Galactus don't work without the FF.  Namor is dodgy without them too.  Mole Man is silly and needs them too. 

The Sentinels, Magneto, Dark Phoenix, Sinister, and Apocalypse are all great but need the X Men to make sense.  Same for Onslaught.

So which classic Avengers villains are we left with?  Molecule Man is obscure.  Kang feels too much like Thanos.  MODOK would be pretty damn silly.  Enchantress Amora needs Thor for coherence and isn't a multi-movie villain plus they cannibalized her character to develop Hela.

Either they have to introduce the FF and their villains or else Norman Osborn is the only worthy villain left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Not as in to Shang Chi and the Eternals, they feel like C Listers compared to the X Men and FF.

But, I do trust Marvel Studios.  I think they are absolutely good enough to turn those characters and stories into A Listers.  Asia is the MCUs last great frontier.

I'd they can make Ant-Man into one of the more intriguing and relatable Avengers, ghey can do anything. Hell to most of us who grew up in the 80's and 90's, even Iron Man (at least to me as a 90's kid) wasn't really at the forefront of mainstream superheroes at the time.

If they do anything with Deadpool, Is like it to be a Weapon X movie, teaming up with Wolverine.

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think Bucky should have gotten the shield. Falcon is lame. Regardless, Falcon needs the serum right? A regular dude carrying caps shield can pretty easily be defeated right?

He never had the serum in the comics when he got the shield, he doesnt need it in the movies.  They're just doing what the source material previously did.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

He never had the serum in the comics when he got the shield, he doesnt need it in the movies.  They're just doing what the source material previously did.

My point is that I think it is silly. It suspends belief enough that Cap’s shield works the way to does but now a regular human is going to wield that thing effectively? 

I know this is not a MCU movie but I don't think starting a new thread is necessary...

Anybody excited for the upcoming Godzilla: King of the Monsters? I'm almost as amped for this as I was for Endgame.

(BTW- Marvel Comics was indeed the publisher of the Godzilla comic book.)

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 9:01 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My point is that I think it is silly. It suspends belief enough that Cap’s shield works the way to does but now a regular human is going to wield that thing effectively? 

We haven't seen him use it yet. He could very well just use it as just a shield and never master throwing it the way Steve did. There is actually a story arc in the comics where Sam struggled to fight with the shield, especially since he kept the wings and didn't know how to incorporate the two. 

IMO, I think they'd be better off pushing the X-Men and FF and letting the Avengers fall back a little. The current group is good, and deserves sequels to Black Panther and Captain Marvel, but the general audience will never accept them as the real Avengers, so it's better to let them be different and push actual, accurate, quality films that the X-Men and FF never got. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

IMO, I think they'd be better off pushing the X-Men and FF and letting the Avengers fall back a little. The current group is good, and deserves sequels to Black Panther and Captain Marvel, but the general audience will never accept them as the real Avengers, so it's better to let them be different and push actual, accurate, quality films that the X-Men and FF never got. 

Could not agree more. Endgame was a huge climax and topping it will be a tall order. Let's move on to other things. Personally, I'd prefer Fantastic Four but only because we've seen a lot of X-Men already from Sony.

FF deserves to be done right for once. They could very easily build a story through 3 films that culminates in Galactus. I don't want him brought in right away. Maybe start with Doom or Namor (even though I think Namor might be just as well introduced in a Black Panther sequel. Wakanda vs. Atlantis would be very cool.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Maybe start with Doom or Namor (even though I think Namor might be just as well introduced in a Black Panther sequel. Wakanda vs. Atlantis would be very cool.)

I was thinking they would do that with the Black Panther sequel as well. Looks like the foreshadowed it with Michonne(can't remember her MCU name) said they were investigating strange earthquake-like activity in the Atlantic Ocean. Maybe with Wakanda taking a more open role in the world, they'll find Atlantis and accidentally cause a confict. Namor and T'challa hate each other in the comics, so they have source material to draw from. 

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 10:57 AM, StillUnknown said:

I would be more cool with Falcon getting the shield if they had a better actor playing him. 

Seriously, name me a better African American actor than Anthony Mackie atm. He's one of the best. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

Seriously, name me a better African American actor than Anthony Mackie atm. He's one of the best. 

Off the top of my head...

Marhershala Ali

Jeffrey Wright

Idris Elba

Michael B Jordan

Donald Glover

Chiwetal Ejiofor

Chadwick Boseman

Don Cheadle

Jamie Foxx

Will Smith

Terrence Howard

Daniel Kaluuya

Mackie stinks. I've never liked him. This guy's an avenger? His real name is Clarence. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah I like Mackie. 

Honestly the worst actor out of everyone is easily Evans. Can't think of any decent movie he ever did outside of Snowpiercer 

Yeah but Snowpiercer was so awesome he bought a lot of goodwill with me from that. He doesn't have to be a good actor to be Cap. He just has to be ridiculously handsome and read super lame lines. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Off the top of my head...

Marhershala Ali

Jeffrey Wright

Idris Elba

Michael B Jordan

Donald Glover

Chiwetal Ejiofor

Chadwick Boseman

Don Cheadle

Jamie Foxx

Will Smith

Terrence Howard

Daniel Kaluuya

Mackie stinks. I've never liked him. This guy's an avenger? His real name is Clarence. 

quite a few black actors from outside the states i'd put on the list over Mackie as well.

Only one on that list I'd remove is Howard, he's been slumping for a while now. Can't imagine the amount of alcohol he's consumed thinking about the money he lost losing the War Machine role.

• Haha 1

Just now, StillUnknown said:

Only one on that list I'd remove is Howard, he's been slumping for a while now. Can't imagine the amount of alcohol he's consumed thinking about the money he lost losing the War Machine role

Yeah, I put him because he seems to be be doing pretty well on a hit show Empire. I've seen him in some smaller stuff too and liked his chops. 

22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Utterly preposterous. Who would you rather have playing Falcon, Don Cheadle? John Boyega?

Mackie was great in Winter Soldier and he's been great in the other Avengers movies as well. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah I like Mackie. 

Honestly the worst actor out of everyone is easily Evans. Can't think of any decent movie he ever did outside of Snowpiercer 

I thought Chris Evans was good in a movie called Sunshine. Space flick. But yeah, he's pretty mediocre with not much range. Cap seems pretty easy to portray.

Edited by Gamebreaker