Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Atlanta's New Stadium Video

HOF44

Atlanta will have the most poorly designed retractible roof stadium.   A few deficiencies are apparent from the video:

• the open roof is too small.  For even 1 pm games, fans will feel that they are in a cave with a small chimney hole. Worse than Texas Stadium.
  • the video screens are placed too high, similar to older stadia which had been retrofitted to add the big screens e.g. Miami Gardens, Kansas City, New Orleans.  Neck strain.
  • the exterior design is freaky, scarring downtown Atlanta's otherwise attractive skyline.
  • inadequate parking

As to:

If we ever built a stadium with a retractable roof, that is the design we should follow.  I'm not sure how well the people in the upper deck will be able to see the screens, though.  Great look, though it kind of reminds me of an airport in some areas. :)

Oh, no!   mr_bill.png

Please no!   Replicating this architectural monstrosity anywhere in or near the Nation's Capital would make us the nation's laughingstock.

Ten grand plus ticket costs for the "low end" luxury boxes. Idiots.

That's actually a very good bargain for a suite.  It's actually even kinda cheap for a PSL.  Lower endzone PSL's in SanFran were going for about 10K.  Luxury boxes at FedEx are like 90K and up. 

That's actually a very good bargain for a suite.  It's actually even kinda cheap for a PSL.  Lower endzone PSL's in SanFran were going for about 10K.  Luxury boxes at FedEx are like 90K and up. 

Everything in Atlanta is cheaper.  Just look at their real estate market.

Really hope the Skins don't go retractable. Dome teams suck.

I don't like them either, but I heard awhile ago, can't remember where, that Snyder might be interested in building a retractable roof stadium so that he can win a bid to host a Super Bowl.  I guess the thinking is that the roof would stay open most of the time anyway.

Pretty impressive, but it does kind of have that airport vibe to it. I think the bigger and better stadium race is gonna backfire on NFL teams as giant HDTVs are becoming dirt cheap and stadiums become more infested with drunken depraved fans. I'm not buying the line that the NFL's popularity will fade at all, but I think TV ratings will soar while attendance sinks.

I personally love it. I would take that any day over the boring cookie cutter American architecture we typically get for sporting stadiums. It's embarrassing compared to the innovative design of stadiums around the world.

This and the Vikings new stadium will be fun visit and watch games in.

Id welcome any type of creative design like this for a new Redskins stadium but I've expressed my opinions on how I want that design handled previously

I understand the idea of it being multi-purpose, but I'm just little perplexed at the idea of an NFL team with such a small sample size of being successful in anyway getting a stadium like that. Is it truely neccesary?

And did you see in the video where one of the fan sections is called Champions Way or something to that affect?  That's laughable because they've won nothing but overall a nice design of a stadium.

HTTR!

And did you see in the video where one of the fan sections is called Champions Way or something to that affect?  That's laughable because they've won nothing but overall a nice design of a stadium.

HTTR!

I think it was the "champions lounge" gave me a pretty nice laugh.

Archived